• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Colbert

Banned
But you need a CC for Amazon don't you? Plus with a gaming system I'd rather buy it at a store in my city. So if I get shit with it I can go back. MM in my city usually is quite decent when it comes to these things. :)

Amazon also accepts direct debit from your bank account (at least in Germany). So no CC needed. But no PayPal!

I am curious: How somebody can be without a CC in this day and age?

To be fair he didnt say today, his tweet to me seems like he knows a date is now set by Microsoft and its soon.

I understand what he said, it's just the idea of platform ignorance that gets me. Most people don't look on Twitter for news that's coming "soon", so saying something like that has certain implications. It's just a bad habit that many people on the platform are guilty of, not just Jez.

You say that as if it was an accident

Oh I don't think it was an accident, but he definitely could have generated hype while being clear that he didn't mean today.

Amazon also accepts direct debit from your bank account (at least in Germany). So no CC needed. But no PayPal!

It would surprise you even more that plenty friends of mine don't have one either. My bro doesn't have one as well, if I recall correctly. :)

Colbert

Banned
It would surprise you even more that plenty friends of mine don't have one either. My bro doesn't have one as well, if I recall correctly. :)

Okay maybe it is a matter of age and what you do. I am forced to have even more than one as I am often on business travel and not all hotels or restaurants or shops accepts every credit card. A long time ago I had a corporate Diners Club CC, I can tell you it was a must to have at least a several AMEX or VISA or MASTER to be able to do all the payments needed when on travel.
I had all of them.

I understand what he said, it's just the idea of platform ignorance that gets me. Most people don't look on Twitter for news that's coming "soon", so saying something like that has certain implications. It's just a bad habit that many people on the platform are guilty of, not just Jez.

Oh I don't think it was an accident, but he definitely could have generated hype while being clear that he didn't mean today.

I guess its how you view jez. The past few months following him he seems more fan than insider that likes to get people excited, especially major xbox fans. So when i read that post i see it as Microsoft set a date in stone today, he knows what it is, he cant tell exactly what the date is, but its sooner rather than later. The key piece of news being a date is actually set. I dont know i just dont seem to get as mad as everyone else gets when he tweets.

kevin1025

Banned
LMAO.

LUg3qb0.png

https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/892412718455640065

What a rollercoaster, man...

I don't have a credit card, my debit card is classed as a visa debit though - just doesn't have the loan facility attached

I don't have a credit card, my debit card is classed as a visa debit though - just doesn't have the loan facility attached

It really confused the heck out of me that this is completely different outside the States. I honestly don't know of a debit card here that isn't technically a "Visa" or "Mastercard" debit of some sort that can be used for online retailers.

Orca

It really confused the heck out of me that this is completely different outside the States. I honestly don't know of a debit card here that isn't technically a "Visa" or "Mastercard" debit of some sort that can be used for online retailers.

It's common in Canada, where it's tied to your bank account.

Lady Gaia

They have ZERO chance of selling out.

I'd be surprised if they didn't sell out initially. Microsoft is putting quite a bit of marketing muscle behind this and has doubtless done their research on how much demand they're likely to see. Why ramp up production to meet initial demand and then have it idle when the early adopters are all satisfied?

This is an upgraded iteration (which people don't tend to care for)

There's not a lot of historical evidence for significant mid-cycle upgrades. What evidence we do have, the PS4 Pro, was frequently sold out at a number of retailers and online stores.

... of the second place platform

Or you could think of it as an upgrade to the platform that needed a high-performance SKU more badly. It's hard to say which will be the more important factor.

... that costs $499 (which has historically been a failure of a price point).

It has historically been a tough price point for mass-market traction, but the original Xbox One launch sold out quickly enough to early adopters. As did stocks of the 20GB PS3.

killroy87

I'd be surprised if they didn't sell out initially. Microsoft is putting quite a bit of marketing muscle behind this and has doubtless done their research on how much demand they're likely to see. Why ramp up production to meet initial demand and then have it idle when the early adopters are all satisfied?

There's not a lot of historical evidence for significant mid-cycle upgrades. What evidence we do have, the PS4 Pro, was frequently sold out at a number of retailers and online stores.

Or you could think of it as an upgrade to the platform that needed a high-performance SKU more badly. It's hard to say which will be the more important factor.

It has historically been a tough price point for mass-market traction, but the original Xbox One launch sold out quickly enough to early adopters. As did stocks of the 20GB PS3.

I mean, will there be stores in North America that sell out of their day one shipment? Yeah, probably. But I'll be blown away if it gets to a point where this thing is impossible to find on day one. And I say that as someone who's buying one, haha

Colbert

Banned

In Germany I only know of "real" credit cards where you get a monthly invoice to pay for. You have to pay a yearly fee for the usage.

If they're about to launch a deal with Taco Bell at the end of the month, then that's a good sign. You would think they would wanna get their preorders secured before they started giving a few thousand away in a contest.

Colbert

Banned
If they're about to launch a deal with Taco Bell at the end of the month, then that's a good sign. You would think they would wanna get their preorders secured before they started giving a few thousand away in a contest.

Maybe it is because I am non-US but I wouldn't relate my console marketing to a fast food chain. Is Taco Bell that big in the US?

Bsigg12

Maybe it is because I am non-US but I wouldn't relate my console marketing to a fast food chain. Is Taco Bell that big in the US?

It's pretty popular.

I do expect to see the Xbox One X brand all over NFL games. The first preseason game is this Thursday.

Taco Bell is enormous here. And they play super well into the gaming crowd because it's cheap food and they're open usually until 2am. They're also owned by the Pepsi Co. brands so they get exclusive flavors of MT. Dew which is cool.

cucuchu

I'm a bit disappointed preorders did not go live today but I'm still holding out hope that they will be up by the end of the week. I was originally speculating Gamescom but that seems so far away and also Microsoft is not holding a formal conference so there would really not be an big moment to just blast out the preorder announcement to the world. I'm hoping we get some kind of launch video released tomorrow (for preorders to begin Thursday or Friday) followed by all the advertisements hitting during the first preseason NFL game and of course all the social media channels as well.

Colbert

Banned
I'm a bit disappointed preorders did not go live today but I'm still holding out hope that they will be up by the end of the week. I was originally speculating Gamescom but that seems so far away and also Microsoft is not holding a formal conference so there would really not be an big moment to just blast out the preorder announcement to the world. I'm hoping we get some kind of launch video released tomorrow (for preorders to begin Thursday or Friday) followed by all the advertisements hitting during the first preseason NFL game and of course all the social media channels as well.

The runes say .... Shit I lost my runes .... I come back later ....

shandy706

There are like 6,000 of them in the US alone.

Enough for nearly 120 a State, lol.

(There's somewhere around 1000 more Taco Bells than there are Walmarts)

Colbert

Banned
There are like 6,000 of them in the US alone.

Enough for nearly 120 a State, lol.

(There's somewhere around 1000 more Taco Bells than there are Walmarts)

I can remember visited a Taco Bell around 1997 in San Diego. Food was okay. But I did not know they are so big. Seemed to me like a local chain because of the near mexican border and the food preferences of that area.

Thebonehead

I sure hope that they make an offer for OG Xbox One owners to get a free Kinect adapter when buying an X.

Mines being relegated to Ebay as I just got a new LG oled. The thing is so wafer thin i feel that the stand i have for it that used to use on my old tv will do damage somehow.

Damn thing never correctly heard what i said anyway.

I sure hope that they make an offer for OG Xbox One owners to get a free Kinect adapter when buying an X.
That'd be nice! I missed the window when I had to upgrade to an S. (The optical drive on my Day One XB1 crapped out.) I do still have that old launch console sitting around, though, so if there's an upgrade program, I should still be able to take advantage.

itf56

For me I really need them to have some kind of data transfer app sort of like the cable they did for Xbox 360 - want to be able to turn on the X tell it I'm an existing owner and have it zap everything over from the One either over wifi over hours or over a lan cable. Basically a transfer and make this primary type option.

Novocaine

For me I really need them to have some kind of data transfer app sort of like the cable they did for Xbox 360 - want to be able to turn on the X tell it I'm an existing owner and have it zap everything over from the One either over wifi over hours or over a lan cable. Basically a transfer and make this primary type option.

Got an external drive lying about?

500$ ?

Not interested.

Okay cool

Bsigg12

If you have an external hard drive, just move everything to that. You can plug it into the X and login to your Live account and you'll be set. Much simpler than a data transfer.

itf56

If you have an external hard drive, just move everything to that. You can plug it into the X and login to your Live account and you'll be set. Much simpler than a data transfer.

I do - but it (3Tb), and my internal are both full. :(

I'm assuming I could offload 500Gb from the external to the 1X and then lug everything from the internal to the external and from there to the 1X but I'd rather have a neater solution.

Jrs3000

I'm assuming I could offload 500Gb from the external to the 1X and then lug everything from the internal to the external and from there to the 1X but I'd rather have a neater solution.

Go 8tb. I did now I have 175 games installed with 5TB left. Will last me until next generation.

Kaydan

Banned
Gona wait for a 4k freesync tv bundle before pre-ordering :)
I have a 4k freesync monitor, although I'm worried because freesync only works over display port. I have a feeling a display port to HDMI adapter would break the freesync feature 🤔

E92 M3

All of your Xbox LIVE settings, saved games, and other miscellaneous options are saved to the cloud. You would have to redownload the games again, but if you have an external HDD, that's mitigated as well.

For most of us, it will be plug-n-play.

gamz

All of your Xbox LIVE settings, saved games, and other miscellaneous options are saved to the cloud. You would have to redownload the games again, but if you have an external HDD, that's mitigated as well.

For most of us, it will be plug-n-play.

Easiest and most painless. Save your games on a external and it's plug and play. I save all my games on an external.

Colbert

Banned

Buy a new 4TB drive and move the games from your internal to that drive. Should not be cost more than $90. I have 4TB connected to my Xbox One S and already bought a second 4TB drive for the storage requirements of those games that will feature higher quality assets.

Top Bottom