• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

*Gamescom*

I'm placing my bets on it happening prior to Gamescom, but I dunno how much earlier it'll be. It'd just be strange for that Taco Bell contest to start before people can pre-order.

No matter when it goes live, I'll continue to check in daily. The conversation in this thread is interesting!

Klocker

Mines being relegated to Ebay as I just got a new LG oled. The thing is so wafer thin i feel that the stand i have for it that used to use on my old tv will do damage somehow.

Damn thing never correctly heard what i said anyway.

I still use my Kinect daily to turn all of my equipment on or off, change volume, mute change TV channel, take screenshots and record game video.

So a free adapter to upgrade seems like he least MS could offer those of us who did not move to the S. Hoping that's the case. With two echoes in the house and Kinect I am used to controlling things with voice

Syrus

Banned
I still use my Kinect daily to turn all of my equipment on or off, change volume, mute change TV channel, take screenshots and record game video.

So a free adapter to upgrade seems like he least MS could offer those of us who did not move to the S. Hoping that's the case. With two echoes in the house and Kinect I am used to controlling things with voice

I use it for volume mostly but its nice 2 have

Colbert

Banned
soon* due to Mike Ybarra

gnlod3y.png

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/892773359573884928

* assuming he is talking about pre-order and not just the launch at 7th November.

cucuchu

Does Microsoft have any reason to not tell everyone something along the lines of "We have a major announcement to make regarding XBOX preorders at noon PST this Friday, be ready!" or something along those lines? I don't really understand... That would generate hype which is what they want yeah? They could say the same thing and replace this Friday with Gamescom or whenever.

The only reason I can think of is that they are not even sure of when to announce preorders are live.

Does Microsoft have any reason to not tell everyone something along the lines of "We have a major announcement to make regarding XBOX preorders at noon PST this Friday, be ready!" or something along those lines? I don't really understand... That would generate hype which is what they want yeah? They could say the same thing and replace this Friday with Gamescom or whenever.

The only reason I can think of is that they are not even sure of when to announce preorders are live.

Would there really be much value in pre-announcing the announcement? I'd honestly rather they just wait to tell us until the day they're going live.

There's also the idea of retail partners that they need to coordinate with. They'll want signage and promotional materials out there.

WadeitOut

I want to upgrade to one of these sexy things. I kind of need the USB slot that the drive would otherwise take up anyway.

Seagate_Game_Drive_Hub_for_Xbox.0.jpg

I would buy a 8tb external in a heartbeat if Microsoft wasn't so god damn archaic with their external method of formatting to where you can't use a single partition.

WadeitOut

At least with Soony's games they aren't teasing as much, haha. It feels like the rumors and the playful taunting tweets are endless the past few days!

I mean it's completely different with a game though. We already have a set deadline for when the XBX releases. People are just overly paranoid that there will be stock issues so they want to preorder so they can forget about it until November.

I mean it's completely different with a game though. We already have a set deadline for when the XBX releases. People are just overly paranoid that there will be stock issues so they want to preorder so they can forget about it until November.

Hmm...

Please let me just get the preorder from Amazon out of the way so I don't have to think about it anymore. Please.

Ok WadeitOut, you were right!

I'm in the same boat though. Just wanna get my order in so I can forget about it. The closest Gamestop to me is lowest in the pecking order for my area so stock issues are a legitimate concern. Come on Microsoft. Just let me lock this shit down.

cucuchu

At least with Soony's games they aren't teasing as much, haha. It feels like the rumors and the playful taunting tweets are endless the past few days!

True... I know I just need to chill out and quit checking every hour (that I can) but after the insanity that it was to preorder a PSVR last year, a Nintendo Switch this year, and trying to get my hands on a NES/SNES mini, I am just overly anxious to get the preorder in for the XBOX and not have to worry about it until release. This teasing "soon" just keeps upping the anxiety more and more.

cucuchu

Oh damn, that starts on Friday right? That'd be a good way to start their big marketing push

I know there is a preseason game tomorrow at 8pm EST but not sure how big of a deal that is. I would hope we get something before that though but yeah it would be a good avenue to begin marketting.

EDIT: Looks like the regular season starts Sept. 7th....Hope we are not waiting that long.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Dumb question - how is Amazon with console returns? I'd really like to see this running on my 1080p set to see the difference in person before commuting to $500. If unsatisfied, would Amazon refund within a few days of purchase? Would any retailer?

Colbert

Banned
Dumb question - how is Amazon with console returns? I'd really like to see this running on my 1080p set to see the difference in person before commuting to $500. If unsatisfied, would Amazon refund within a few days of purchase? Would any retailer?

In Germany I only can tell you they are fine as long you didn't return ordered products too often in the past (In Germany all electronics can be returned without reason within 14-days after purchase by law).

Stopped by gamestop today and got some information. (if you look back in the post history this is from a manager and assistant manager) Back when the switch launched (I promise this ties into the X) the gamestops got less than 24 hours notice on when preorders would start and how many they would have. This was apparently how it was all over and the store managers were upset. So the higher ups promised in the future they would have more time. So if microsoft goes along with it, they will get at least a full day heads up before preorders start.

Stopped by gamestop today and got some information. (if you look back in the post history this is from a manager and assistant manager) Back when the switch launched (I promise this ties into the X) the gamestops got less than 24 hours notice on when preorders would start and how many they would have. This was apparently how it was all over and the store managers were upset. So the higher ups promised in the future they would have more time. So if microsoft goes along with it, they will get at least a full day heads up before preorders start.

I signed up for the "Xbox One X information notification" when I was at GameStop trading in my old 3DS a few days ago. It actually appears on my receipt. I would love to know what kind of notification I get when this goes live.

I signed up for the "Xbox One X information notification" when I was at GameStop trading in my old 3DS a few days ago. It actually appears on my receipt. I would love to know what kind of notification I get when this goes live.

Yeah I did the same thing. it even shows up in my preorders on the power up rewards site. I asked them about that and it's an email, generated by the company and sent out. but here is the thing. i signed up for that with the switch, and while the preorders went live ASS early in the morning (it was like 5am est or something) I didn't get the email until much much later. Now that was for the online. But if the demand is high, that email is going to stun me if it's on time.

Can only figure out some reasons why they haven't opened up preorders yet. One is concern for supply stock. There are some fancy hardware built into that console. They might release X1X in some countries where the X1 is going strong and the rest have to wait a couple of months into 2018. Still they have to let Gamestop etc how many consoles they will get. You do not want people to preorder and later to let them know they won't get it on release day.
They might as well have discovered an error in the design. New rrod etc.
Another reason they want to bundle with a game. Just like with the Xb1 which I had with forza and fifa there might be a game included. Crackdown 3 shares the exact same release date. Why's that? I see a limited day one edition of X1X where Crackdown 3 is included.
A bundle like this takes time to make.

Time will tell. #Soon

cucuchu

Can only figure out some reasons why they haven't opened up preorders yet. One is concern for supply stock. There are some fancy hardware built into that console. They might release X1X in some countries where the X1 is going strong and the rest have to wait a couple of months into 2018. Still they have to let Gamestop etc how many consoles they will get. You do not want people to preorder and later to let them know they won't get it on release day.
They might as well have discovered an error in the design. New rrod etc.
Another reason they want to bundle with a game. Just like with the Xb1 which I had with forza and fifa there might be a game included. Crackdown 3 shares the exact same release date. Why's that? I see a limited day one edition of X1X where Crackdown 3 is included.
A bundle like this takes time to make.

Time will tell. #Soon

Certainly possible scenarios but I doubt there is a hardware issue and I think there will be plenty of units available for those of us looking to preorder. I think that now that everything is cleared with the FCC, they are just preparing for the imminent launch of preorders. We know Major Nelson was filming a video, we know Phil Spencer is with the hardware guys today *edit: Looks like that might of been yesterday* (I believe so anyways someone noted he mentioned it in a tweet), and we know there are rumors of preorders launching this week, so there are certainly elements in place for a major announcement regarding preorders to happen today or tomorrow.

I hope #Soon is today!

flozuki

I guess everyone here is waiting for the US preorders? You can already preorder at Saturn in Germany/ Hamburg (was the first to do so, so it seems the demand isn't that high here again).

gossi

I guess everyone here is waiting for the US preorders? You can already preorder at Saturn in Germany/ Hamburg (was the first to do so, so it seems the demand isn't that high here again).

When? It shouldn't be available for pre-order anywhere in the world yet.

Colbert

Banned

Just visited the web site and it says "not available for pre-order yet". They took pre-orders in shop (Mönkebergstraße)?

Klocker

So as a prime member in a large metropolitan area is Amazon a no brainer to get day one?

Have always bought my day one consoles at brick and mortar

MilkyJoe

So as a prime member in a large metropolitan area is Amazon a no brainer to get day one?

Same here, just on the off chance it is fucked.

I'll be getting mine at Sainsbury's, got a couple of hundred in Nectar points to blow on it.

You could do some fake preordering in some German online shops for a while now. No details regarding bundles obviously, just "Yo, this will likely cost 500€ and be an Xbox One X and come out on this date"
For me personally it's not official till it's on Amazon.

I have a $540 GameStop gift card (thanks to that crazy trade-in promotion they had last month) burning a hole through my wallet.

I want to use it so bad but gotta save it for the XBOX. Hurry up pre-orders, I can only hold off my urges for so long!

Raide

Should be a good bet. I always buy from stores, so I just don't know about Amazon for day one console orders and potential delivery.

Klocker

Should be a good bet. I always buy from stores, so I just don't know about Amazon for day one console orders and potential delivery.

Yea if they promise same day I'll probably take the chance. In past my head would have exploded if it wasn't under my TV at midnight on day one but seeing as they play all the same games as what I have now I'll be ok if it takes an extra day.

But only one day Then I'll go pay whatever I need to get one in my hands haha.

I need more teraflops

Top Bottom