• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Theorry

I don't know how much affect it would have on availability, but I don't think looking weird would be an issue. I don't think it would look weird at all to be honest. I just think what they have available for the console in October would be the same as what they have in November now. What's the point in waiting longer than the end of November other than commitment to that date?

It shows abit of "mismanagement". Like they dont know whats going on and suddenly the console is earlier then expected.

It shows abit of "mismanagement". Like they dont know whats going on and suddenly the console is earlier then expected.

I don't know. The Nov. 7th date could've just been set so Crackdown would have more time to ship. I don't see the harm in launching early for early adopters to get their consoles before the Christmas rush.

I will definitely be pre-ordering on Sunday. The fact its taking this long to preorder is why I think the console may be limited around launch. Probably be fine in December

I will definitely be pre-ordering on Sunday. The fact its taking this long to preorder is why I think the console may be limited around launch. Probably be fine in December

I'm preordering but i really dont think a $500 version of the slowest selling current gen console with no major holiday exclusives is going to fly off of shelves this Fall.

Hexer06

I still can't believe they're going for a 1tb hdd on a console that's touting 4k. I have my external hdd ready, but it's still baffling. Whatever, just let me get a pre order in Sunday. :D

gamz

I still can't believe they're going for a 1tb hdd on a console that's touting 4k. I have my external hdd ready, but it's still baffling. Whatever, just let me get a pre order in Sunday. :D

Keeps the costs down. Makes sense if you already have an internal.

Leyasu

Banned
I don't know. The Nov. 7th date could've just been set so Crackdown would have more time to ship. I don't see the harm in launching early for early adopters to get their consoles before the Christmas rush.

Please come early... I'm not going to get my hopes up though.

I'll be preordering Monday on my lunch break. Everything is shut on Sunday in France.

Hexer06

Keeps the costs down. Makes sense if you already have an internal.

Yeah I kinda understand that. Maybe they think it would be too hard to sell a 2tb for 599. Can't say I blame them after thinking of it like that. Just that they had 2tb versions of the Xbox one and the One S.

FinKL

My apologies as I'm sure it has been covered many times, but are the One X controllers the exact same as the One?

Well there's 2 iterations of Xbox Controllers
Launch controllers don't have bluetooth or 3.5mm AUX built in
Latest do and comes with "improved" shoulder buttons. I'm sure it comes with the latest

EDIT See Below for all versions

gamz

Yeah I kinda understand that. Maybe they think it would be too hard to sell a 2tb for 599. Can't say I blame them after thinking of it like that. Just that they had 2tb versions of the Xbox one and the One S.

They will certainly have 2TB X's but it isn't going to be 499.

Well there's 2 iterations of Xbox Controllers
Launch controllers don't have bluetooth or 3.5mm AUX built in
Latest do and comes with "improved" shoulder buttons. I'm sure it comes with the latest

4~ iterations

1. launch
2. 3.5 mm
3. 3.5 mm + bluetooth
4~. 3.5 mm + bluetooth extended (tech series)

ReBurn

Gold Member
The surface line of laptops were rated as the absolute bottom-tier when it came to hardware reliability just recently.

Design is fantastic, but they have a lot of work to do.

Rated low by whom? Because the reviews for the Surface Pro 4 are good according to PC Magazine, Tech Radar, cnet, etc...

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Rated low by whom? Because the reviews for the Surface Pro 4 are good according to PC Magazine, Tech Radar, cnet, etc...

It was consumer reports, but I thought it was the entire surface line dating back four years. Could be wrong.

But it's consumer reports. Never was a fan 🤷

Hexer06

Think I may just get an external drive. That way I can already have all my existing games ready to go day one minus patches for the X.

It helps IMMENSELY! I had an external from my day one Xbox and being able to just plug that into my S and have all my games ready was amazing.

gamz

Think I may just get an external drive. That way I can already have all my existing games ready to go day one minus patches for the X.

Dude, you don't have one now? I don't keep anything on my hard drive. So much easier to plug and play once you get the X.

Plus, they're so fucking cheap now.

System runs quicker overall anyway if you throw games on an external and keep the internal clean. At least it does for the current Xbox, maybe things change with the Scorpio. It utilises a RAM disk cache at times so maybe not.

gamz

System runs quicker overall anyway if you throw games on an external and keep the internal clean. At least it does for the current Xbox, maybe things change with the Scorpio. It utilises a RAM disk cache at times so maybe not.

I think that may change with the X. Really curious to see...

I know with the current One Ybarra often said if you offload your games to a external the UI moves faster too.

It helps IMMENSELY! I had an external from my day one Xbox and being able to just plug that into my S and have all my games ready was amazing.

Since some of these games are going to require a lot of gig..want to get one of those 8TB external drives..they have a few western digital ones(With AC adapters) available just not sure if they are quiet and good..I have a seagate 5tb expansion drive but its just way too loud want to get something quieter

Hexer06

Since some of these games are going to require a lot of gig..want to get one of those 8TB external drives..they have a few western digital ones(With AC adapters) available just not sure if they are quiet and good..I have a seagate 5tb expansion drive but its just way too loud want to get something quieter

Sadly I have no clue how loud those are. I've been wanting to get an 8tb one as well. I do have two 4tb externals. One western digital and one Seagate, but I don't really notice sound from either. My room is usually pretty noisy tho lol.

Hawk269

Im wondering if those 4K kiosks will help convince folks. Put Forza 7 on that shit and jaws will drop.

Funny you say that. As I was in a Best Buy not long ago checking out the Sony OLED and the LG OLEG I had a thumb drive with the direct feed footage of Forza 7 from Gamesyde and it definitely attracted attention.

Hawk269

BTW....Am currently watching Thursday Night Football on ESPN and they showed a Madden commercial and it started with the Xbox logo and ended with them showing that typical picture of the Xbox One X next to the Xbox One S. So MS has now officially advertised the Xbox One X. This is just the start folks, MS is going to go full tilt marketing of this thing between now and launch and through the holidays.

kevin1025

Banned
BTW....Am currently watching Thursday Night Football on ESPN and they showed a Madden commercial and it started with the Xbox logo and ended with them showing that typical picture of the Xbox One X next to the Xbox One S. So MS has now officially advertised the Xbox One X. This is just the start folks, MS is going to go full tilt marketing of this thing between now and launch and through the holidays.

It begins!

Colbert

Banned
Bummer: Tried to access the Xbox One X page on Amazon.de that is stored in my watch list. Get a error message that the page does not exist. Anybody else in germany with the same outcome on Amazon.de?

Lom1lo

Funny you say that. As I was in a Best Buy not long ago checking out the Sony OLED and the LG OLEG I had a thumb drive with the direct feed footage of Forza 7 from Gamesyde and it definitely attracted attention.
Yeah because there was someone with a thumb Drive on a tv playing some stuff :D

MouldyK

arzQAFj.png

But I want 4K Forza Sooner!

billyballs

Neo Member
Bummer: Tried to access the Xbox One X page on Amazon.de that is stored in my watch list. Get a error message that the page does not exist. Anybody else in germany with the same outcome on Amazon.de?

yeah I also get it.

I think i saw in Amazon.de that you get 1 year Game Pass when you pre order the xbox x. I hope that isn't the suprise they talking about.
I think maybe that AC:Origins will be for free with the X Console. Because Ubisoft CEO says in an Interview that they made a Deal with Microsoft

Lom1lo

yeah I also get it.

I think i saw in Amazon.de that you get 1 year Game Pass when you pre order the xbox x. I hope that isn't the suprise they talking about.
I think maybe that AC:Origins will be for free with the X Console. Because Ubisoft CEO says in an Interview that they made a Deal with Microsoft

Meh I dont want a game pass (but one year is a great addition for many people). If we get a game I think it will be PUBG or Luckys Tale.

Colbert

Banned
If any game I would prefer Lucky's Tale or Assassins Creed. Even Forza 7 but PUBG would do nothing to me - I know I am presumably in the minority here.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
If any game I would prefer Lucky's Tale or Assassins Creed. Even Forza 7 but PUBG would do nothing to me - I know I am presumably in the minority here.

A free Forza 7 would make me think harder about preordering, but not PUBG.

Top Bottom