• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
It makes no sense to be PUBG that game is selling like hot cakes by itself.

That's exactly why it does make sense. You have a $500 machine with little 1st party support which some people can easily do without, some can just play 1st party and 3rd party on PC, and some are on the fence about buying. They just announced a delay of a 1st party title which isn't good in general. There's the whole can't pre-order fiasco..etc.

Giving away something as massively popular as PUBG is exactly how you garner favor back from your potential customer base and existing fan base.

ViciousDS

Banned
I might be TOO hyped for this console, but want my official prediction to be that the big news/surprise from Sunday is NOT the preorders going live, it is pushing up the release date roughly one month to early October. It makes complete sense now that Crackdown has missed.

They can make 4k Forza their lunch title, and get out ahead of the following blockbuster releases:
Assassin's Creed Origins
Wolfenstein 2
Battlefront 2
COD: WW2.

This is an absolutely crucial time for pulling people that want a more true 4k console gaming experience into the mix for arguably the biggest releases of the year! I am interested enough to wait until the original release day to play these games, but it means several of them will have to wait until after the holidays as I inevitably obsess over COD. Anyways, just my prediction.

Earlier push right before the big AAA games would be the best move they could do now and would absolutely make sense. Even if they don't have full production that they want come launch, it will get people talking again and the best place to play any of those games the moment of those games release will be on the X

StillEdge

That's exactly why it does make sense. You have a $500 machine with little 1st party support which some people can easily do without, some can just play 1st party and 3rd party on PC, and some are on the fence about buying. They just announced a delay of a 1st party title which isn't good in general. There's the whole can't pre-order fiasco..etc.

Giving away something as massively popular as PUBG is exactly how you garner favor back from your potential customer base and existing fan base.
True. I own an Xbox so it doesn't really make sense to me because we can play it on a normal Xbox One so $30 vs $500, but I can see it being appealing to a PS4/Switch person who doesn't like PC gaming but really needs PUBG.

AND I mean PS Plus did it with Rocket Leage but I doubt they thought that thing was going to be the success it was. PUBG is guaranteed.

A few surprises. So maybe a free game, maybe a surprise announcement for a new Xbox feature perhaps too? Sunday should be nice.

Or they DO end up dropping the price! Would be sweet. But nah.

peppers

According to Major Nelson he won't be in Cologne but he is probably going to be in a video during the show. Maybe he is the one that details pre order info for the US crowd while the European hosts do the same for Europe.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Wouldn't be surprised if the early access version of pubg is bundled in for free. Probably the biggest game that could make a difference for them. I initially thought crackdown was going to get bundled.

That game is nowhere near finished, it's being made by four guys in spain.

Factor in that it also has to run on base Xbox One and i'm betting that it won't make 2017 at all.

Darklor01

Gamespot has a different set of words than other Tweets:
Gamespot_XBOX.jpg

Interesting.

Edit: Not interesting. They were getting that inference from Tom Warren's tweet mixed with impressions from Albert's tweet.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Im saying no on a game, it's gonna be something like a day one edition console and controller I think.

Losing a $100 over a year considering you'll get this full year to play games is not a bad proposition.

I lol'd at the news from yesterday saying we'd have preorder news today, which was, tune in Sunday!

Yes the early adopter tax doesn't mean much to me, but no way the $500 price tag holds for long. Once the holidays are over and all the early adopters have bought one that price is finished. If they actually want to sell a few that is.

Hoo-doo

Banned
yep, seems spanish enough

/s

The console port is not worked on by the main team.

I'm trying to find the article right now. I think it was on Eurogamer.
Edit: Found it.

Do you have a rough time-frame for your Xbox One release?

Greene: No. We will announce the release date when we're ready. That's for the big people in PR and marketing to tell me when I can say [laughs]. You'll find out when you find out.

Has there been any unforeseen challenges adapting the game for console? Has anything needed drastically reworked?

Greene: Oh, no. Using Unreal first, it's a fantastic engine, it makes moving to different platforms relatively easy. There's optimisation that we need and we have a partner in Anticto, in Spain. There's about four or five of them working on the console version at the moment. They're very clever guys. They've helped us with a lot of features on the current game mod and for console. It's great, we have them working on that and the main team is still focused heavily on the PC version.

Norse

Maybe a sign up for 3 yrs of Gold, get X for 299.99. or just get yr of game pass with each 1X purchased.

Both would be great deals.

Nice! Really interested to see what these "world premiere's" are. Will they just be new information/trailers for games we've already seen?

Maybe a sign up for 3 yrs of Gold, get X for 299.99. or just get yr of game pass with each 1X purchased.

Both would be great deals.

Interesting idea on the Xbox Live Gold thing, they tried to opposite approach near the end of the 360's life cycle. It was something like paying $20-$30 per month for 2 years and you had the Xbox and Gold the entire time. The official product page says that every console gets 1 month of Xbox Game Pass, so bumping up that timeframe wouldn't be too hard.

It'd actually be pretty neat if they went the Game Pass route along with announcing some big new titles for the service.

Norse

Yes the early adopter tax doesn't mean much to me, but no way the $500 price tag holds for long. Once the holidays are over and all the early adopters have bought one that price is finished. If they actually want to sell a few that is.

Has ps4 pro had a price reduction yet?

FN-2187

That game is nowhere near finished, it's being made by four guys in spain.

Factor in that it also has to run on base Xbox One and i'm betting that it won't make 2017 at all.

From Wikipedia:

Bluehole started with a team of about 35 developers supporting Greene's work, but which as of June 2017 has expanded to 70 and expected to increase again to 90 with a new studio based in Madison, Wisconsin;[17]

Edit: Nevermind. I see your source above about the console version.

ViciousDS

Banned
The console port is not worked on by the main team.

I'm trying to find the article right now. I think it was on Eurogamer.
Edit: Found it.

yes, i was giving you shit

heres what you were looking for

Greene said that Microsoft is not directly involved in the porting but only providing assistance to make sure the port is good, and that most of the porting responsibilities are being done by Anticto, a Spanish developer.

Nice! Really interested to see what these "world premiere's" are. Will they just be new information/trailers for games we've already seen?

World premieres not world reveals. It'll be new trailers for Forza, Assassins Creed, Shadow of War etc.

No new games will be revealed.

World premieres not world reveals. It'll be new trailers for Forza, Assassins Creed, Shadow of War etc.

No new games will be revealed.

Yeah, I didn't really think they'd pull brand new games out of nowhere. Could also be new information about games coming to Game Pass or BC though!

A price drop and/or early release are the only things I will get excited about. I wasn't even hyped about Crackdown, but this trend of cancelling and delaying games has left a bad taste in my mouth. If I can't get one soon or at least for a better price then my hype for the X may fade by launch.

kevin1025

Banned
Just saw this video in my twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/898227955679215616

Also that video that was posted some days ago about the xbox booth was legit you can see it officially posted here:

https://news.xbox.com/2017/08/17/tu...d/?ocid=Event_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Video_lrn_8.17.2

Interesting to see the layout. Battlegrounds has a pretty sizeable tent-like booth going on, almost the same size as the Assassin's Creed and Shadow of War one combined. It kind of looks like Age of Empires, Super Lucky's Tale, and Sea of Thieves have the biggest player amount (in terms of playable screens).

I'm honestly hoping that Gamestop doesn't do an exclusive trade promotion right away. I'll be too tempted to trade my One S in right away and thus miss out on games like Destiny 2 at launch...

He's gonna tell us where the games are?

The "games" are the friends we've made along the way.

I've got a feeling they'll be bundling new elite controllers with Bluetooth. Damn, this is killing me. Was this the info Phil alluded to yesterday? If so, why could he not just say tune into GC for more info?

Pantz

The past couple weeks I've been going on random Twitch streams and asking the hosts if they're going to pre-order an Xbox One X. So far only one girl was excited for it. It's funny when they won't acknowledge the X and just call it Xbox One. I don't know why, but it's strangely entertaining. Maybe this is what journalists feel like.

Darklor01

When will pre-orders open

LOL, I just thought about this. I was tweeting at Phil Spencer and Mike for about a month every day with a "Soon" or something about pre-orders hounding them on Twitter without a reply. Won't happen, but would be crazy if one of them started trolling me back every day with did you pre order yet? When will you pick it up? Will you play PUBG?

LOL, I just thought about this. I was tweeting at Phil Spencer and Mike for about a month every day with a "Soon" or something about pre-orders hounding them on Twitter without a reply. Won't happen, but would be crazy if one of them started trolling me back every day with did you pre order yet? When will you pick it up? Will you play PUBG?

One or both of them will make an army of spam-bots named "Soon_XX" that will follow you en-masse and like/reply to all of your tweets.

Top Bottom