• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Has ps4 pro had a price reduction yet?

No but Target had really good deals on them during November of last year and there's been a few deals since. I got my PS4 Pro for about $289 last November. I know someone got it as low as almost $200 too during that same time frame.

I might be TOO hyped for this console, but want my official prediction to be that the big news/surprise from Sunday is NOT the preorders going live, it is pushing up the release date roughly one month to early October. It makes complete sense now that Crackdown has missed.

They can make 4k Forza their lunch title, and get out ahead of the following blockbuster releases:
Assassin's Creed Origins
Wolfenstein 2
Battlefront 2
COD: WW2.

This is an absolutely crucial time for pulling people that want a more true 4k console gaming experience into the mix for arguably the biggest releases of the year! I am interested enough to wait until the original release day to play these games, but it means several of them will have to wait until after the holidays as I inevitably obsess over COD. Anyways, just my prediction.

I hope this is what MS does. Getting in front of those big titles (as the holiday season seems to start earlier than ever) is absolutely crucial I believe.

Has ps4 pro had a price reduction yet?

Nope! Though Sony is often weird with price drops. They tend not to announce them until right before they happen rather than months in advance. Given that the Xbox One X is $100 more than the Pro, I'd be pretty surprised if they felt a need to drop that price unless it was a temporary promotion.

mjc

As someone who's cooled a bit on wanting an XOX, I think bumping up the release ahead of November is a good idea. Especially in front of Assassin's Creed, given that they pushed it at their conference.

MilkyJoe

Anyone see this? Surprises..

DHc5puSVoAAqiL7

I've got a feeling they'll be bundling new elite controllers with Bluetooth. Damn, this is killing me. Was this the info Phil alluded to yesterday? If so, why could he not just say tune into GC for more info?
I don't think an elite controller coming with a base sku makes sense from a margins perspective. I do think that they will have an updated version of the elite controller at some point though.

It would make sense to get it out ahead of stuff they have marketing deals for like Shadow of War and Assassin's Creed but I still doubt it will happen honestly.

Regardless, I'm ready to go as soon as preorders go live.

I don't think an elite controller coming with a base sku makes sense from a margins perspective. I do think that they will have an updated version of the elite controller at some point though.
What's there to update besides adding Bluetooth? The look of the home button?

I think it makes a ton of sense to get it out before all the major games release for the holiday buy season.

Honestly, the release date and price are bigger problems for the One X this holiday than the lack of new exclusives. I really don't see them budging on price unless you count bundling a game as a price reduction of sorts. The release date "could" move I suppose, especially if things are further along than they originally planned. November 7th is honestly a terrible date IMO.

Proper Bluetooth so all those wireless headsets can work is very very needed. I don't get what's taking so long on that. Unless it's true what a Reddit poster claimed.

That Mattrick made a deal with Turtle Beach that they would be the only one to make wireless headsets for Xbox One and that this would last for Xbox One's life cycle. Apparently Phil Spencer had tweeted awhile ago that he really didn't like this deal at all.

This would apparently be the reason we still don't have a wireless earpiece and in general none of these Bluetooth headsets working.

Welfare

The surprise is either that they are available right now (lol) or a free game.

Maybe a select one of four games to choose from to come with the One X?

Forza 7, Ass Creed, Shadow of War, PUBG?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Ahh sweet, a cool surprise eh?

Goldeneye remastered? :eek:D

But I'm thinking an early launch, Forza 7 releases in October doesn't it?

I've love the early launch. They've had boxes in Microsoft stores, in their offices, etc. They've been being produced. It's not likely, but not out of the realm of possibility. I just wouldn't on that being one of the surprises.

Darklor01

I sold my ps3 for close to that. Camped at toys r us with a friend. Was a fun night and a lot of money for a teenager.

2 grand is a lot of money for me now and I'm in my early 40s now. I messed up by keeping that 600lb brick. LOL. Loved it, but .. 2 grand. wow.

I remember when the PS3 came out people were selling them on ebay for like 2 grand.

I was part of the flipping evil during that generation and i can tell you that i ended up with 8 PS3's that sold no more than its initial cost. People were trying for 2k but they didnt get it the PS3 was pretty easy to get pretty quickly. The Wii on the other hand i was flipping for 400 each easily...yeah i feel dirty now, but i am older and wiser now......anyone need a switch?

Q--_-

Because I am in tight with Gamestop, I basically already have one of these preordered. I preordered a PS4 pro destiny console, but am just having my friend employee switch it to an xbox one as soon as pre orders go live. Woot.

Theorry

Changing releasedate to earlier would be weird. I mean thats pretty much set already and with building components etc. And releasing a console suddenly earlier will look weird also.

Darklor01

Changing releasedate to earlier would be weird. I mean thats pretty much set already and with building components etc. And releasing a console suddenly earlier will look weird also.

I don't know how much affect it would have on availability, but I don't think looking weird would be an issue. I don't think it would look weird at all to be honest. I just think what they have available for the console in October would be the same as what they have in November now. What's the point in waiting longer than the end of November other than commitment to that date?

Top Bottom