• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

i have a feeling Microsoft will come big with their first party output this gen

That screen tearing at 1:06.. You have to appreciate accurate advertising. Very rare these days.

fySgZ7u.png

TBiddy

One of the best guy in games media, hate to see how he’s treated. I love how he often gives his input on actually playing games when he does his solo videos too, not just tech/performance stuff.

Agreed. I read somewhere that he even gets shit (not literal shit, I hope) sent to his house. I still remember the hatred he received from some of our regulars here on Gaf. It's mindboggling they weren't permabanned on the spot.

One of the best guy in games media, hate to see how he’s treated. I love how he often gives his input on actually playing games when he does his solo videos too, not just tech/performance stuff.

His retro stuff is great imo. Some of the Xbox fans I know personally don’t trust him negative or positive regardless since his post on this forum a few years back.

He was getting some shit from people funnily enough about Pro Xbox bias, I think he’d had enough and snapped “I wish Microsoft had never entered the industry” and went on how he can remain professional despite those feelings. He quickly edited it. I remember reading it and thinking he’s going to crap off others now.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Agreed. I read somewhere that he even gets shit (not literal shit, I hope) sent to his house. I still remember the hatred he received from some of our regulars here on Gaf. It's mindboggling they weren't permabanned on the spot.

The extreme fanboys here have chased anyone that has any real knowledge of the industry off Gaf. Its pathetic and I concur I dont understand why its allowed. Not our call obviously but considering the staff here is usually smart about this stuff there has to be a stance on not treating "insiders" as insiders but as just regular posters. Which is fine but that laxed attitude will make it so they will only share information with Ree.

TBiddy

The extreme fanboys here have chased anyone that has any real knowledge of the industry off Gaf. Its pathetic and I concur I dont understand why its allowed. Not our call obviously but considering the staff here is usually smart about this stuff there has to be a stance on not treating "insiders" as insiders but as just regular posters. Which is fine but that laxed attitude will make it so they will only share information with Ree.

I agree. A lot of the worst ones have been banned lately, but I still feel like it's impossible to have an adult conversation about anything outside this thread. It's sad, and I spend less and less time on Gaf because of it.

Yep, one by one insiders werw chased off GAF by hostility and just general cancerous behaviour.

I know the opinion on what Alex brings to DF is divided, I personally like his content, but it's dismaying to see his first encounter with GAF in years is having the same toxic poster accusing him of being an MS shill, just like back in the day.

Finding myself venturing out of this thread less and less, tbh.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I agree. A lot of the worst ones have been banned lately, but I still feel like it's impossible to have an adult conversation about anything outside this thread. It's sad, and I spend less and less time on Gaf because of it.

I for sure have been spending far less time here but thats also because I am playing more now that consoles are out but the rampant console war has bled into nearly half the threads on the front page. Its impossible to talk about anything at this point. Hoping with time it will die down but my gut it telling me it wont as these machines will trade "wins" in the third party fights causing the war to drag on.

Yep, one by one insiders werw chased off GAF by hostility and just general cancerous behaviour.

I know the opinion on what Alex brings to DF is divided, I personally like his content, but it's dismaying to see his first encounter with GAF in years is having the same toxic poster accusing him of being an MS shill, just like back in the day.

Whats funny about this is, at least to me, is that if people were paying attention, FX, NX and myself have already addressed everything thats causing the cancerous behvaior in terms of the console war tactics. But people are so focused on fighting they have missed them.

oldergamer

It just seems this has been toxic lately, with drive by flame posts, incorrect information and comments that serve no purpose but to get a dig in (especially the ones that seem premature)

This has exceeded the level of the start of the Xbox 360/PS3 generation with general vitrol.

oldergamer

then i see stuff like this:

"Your post in the thread |OT| Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Speculation/Analysis/Leaks Thread was deleted. Reason: Quit baiting. You are neck deep in the console war yourself. "

How was i baiting??? No idea which mod deleted one of my posts or why, but NO I'm not knee deep in the console war. I disagree with you. I'm not making flame posts or screaming about people in the media or on twitter that they are biased. That is the fanboy shit Im talking about. I can agree or disagree with anyone, but I don't resort to saying people have motivations and some of the people on this forum are taking things to a personal level with people in the know (Its totally uncalled for). This shit has been going on for a while where my posts are getting deleted with little of a way to respond.

I'm just as entitled to comment on how rabid people are getting over this stuff as anyone else. Is someone wants to report that, go ahead.

I've held off commenting on that for months.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I'm guilty of it myself, let's keep this topic off that next gen thread.

Anybody had the issue of hitching when playing from an external? Was playing KI last night from an external and it was a mess.

Concern

IIRC he posted some of the DMs he gets on Twitter. They're quite something, But to be honest his channel thrives on the console war. From all the views it's probably a very low percentage of actual enthousiasts who are unbiased.

Yea there's toxic trash everywhere. Its not surprising at all but yea they live off the bait.

Roberts

So, I played Bright Memory. It is super janky, but you wouldn't be able to tell it was made by one guy - the gameplay is kind of fun (basically, DMC as a 1st perspective shooter). It looks fine, but don't expect some next-gen showcase.

Not to be confused with Bright Memory Infinite that is supposedly made by a bigger crew and is going to come out next year. Anyway, it is basically a warm-up, a demo for the upcoming game - I finished it in about 30 minutes. Only playable on new consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

Are you fucking kidding me? Demigod again? I wasn't aware Alex had posted here again and didn't see his posts or toxic reply(s). By any chance, do you have a link?

To your first point; they've chased everyone not worshipping Sony out of here except VFXVeteran VFXVeteran so they keep trying to get him banned. The only ones left that I'm aware of are David Jaffe who was involved in God of War, but seems pretty console neutral and BSG(?) and IamVin who are both huge Sony fanboys.

Are you fucking kidding me? Demigod again? I wasn't aware Alex had posted here again and didn't see his posts or toxic reply(s). By any chance, do you have a link?

To your first point; they've chased everyone not worshipping Sony out of here except VFXVeteran VFXVeteran so they keep trying to get him banned. The only ones left that I'm aware of are David Jaffe who was involved in God of War, but seems pretty console neutral and BSG(?) and IamVin who are both huge Sony fanboys.

Was thelastword and Alex was directed to GAF on Twitter, only to find out it's just as hostile and childish as when he and John moved on.

Can read more here;

Last edited by a moderator:

splattered

I know MS recently made it so 360 games can be saved to the cloud for free, but is there an easy to way to get all our 360 games to the cloud in bulk? Seems like you have to manually do this for the 360 saves from the 360 console and i have hundreds i would have to transfer...

Kagey K

Banned
I know MS recently made it so 360 games can be saved to the cloud for free, but is there an easy to way to get all our 360 games to the cloud in bulk? Seems like you have to manually do this for the 360 saves from the 360 console and i have hundreds i would have to transfer...
Unfortunately that is the only way right now. Its a giant pain in the ass, and I was hoping they would have come up with a better way long ago.

TBiddy

I thought the same at first, but it’s a bit much for subtle consumer electronics that are supposed to blend into a shelf, lol.

Awesome customization, though.

Agreed. The XSS is probably the best looking console ever made. Painting a white X on top of it sorta ruins the minimalistic impression, but it's certainly a well made mod!

-Arcadia-

Banned
Feel a need to comment about the meta talk.

I do relate to some of these comments, particularly the ones about how the console-specific threads are more chilled, fun, and educational, due to everyone not being at each other’s throats all the time.

I don’t really know you that well, so this is in general. Advice I’d give to any Gaffer.

I think the best thing we can all do, is start with ourselves. Just because people are trying to ruin a thread, do we have to take the bait and help? Likewise, are we posting equally incendiary, unnecessary thread ruining stuff, instead of our best? Maybe that latter one isn’t you, but it’s a good question to ask anyway.

People underestimate the difference that just one person can make in a conversation. Or the major change that ten can.

If posters make an effort to build something in these threads, I feel that will always bear fruit, whether short-term, or long-term, making Gaf a more insightful, fun place to hang out, that attracts people interested in those things. The trolls will get less and less oxygen.

It’s really easy to get caught up in (and my examples would change depending on which audience I spoke to), hurr hurr DF, hurr hurr thought it was powerful, hurr hurr Xbox fans not showing their face.

But you have to understand that that goes nowhere. These people aren’t posting in good faith. You are not going to change their minds, your counterpoint is not required (they already look like assholes to anyone sane), and the only thing that directly engaging with them, or getting upset with them will do, is give them what they want.

Five million years ago, we used to sum this up with, ‘Don’t feed the trolls’. It’s more relevant than ever, but somehow it disappeared from the common collective wisdom.

I do think there’s a time and a place for engaging trolls. But do it on your terms, not theirs. Point out their behavior. Mock it as what it is. Keep your cool. This disincentivizes it. Don’t get caught up in tit for tat, infinity replies, emotional reactions, or taking them seriously. And don’t forget where you are, and that building positive conversation is just as important.

Top Bottom