• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Kagey K

Banned
Just curious, how do we know?
When I got the complete chapter 1 achievement it popped as a rare achievement. When I went and looked it said 8.14% had unlocked it.

Edit: Looks like it went up a bit today according to another post.

Last edited:

silentstorm

Anyone's tried Haven on GP? Is it any good?
Tried it, and it's...fine i guess, OST is good but it's honestly just an average artsy game, combat is really easy, there are a lot of mechanics that aren't deep at all and just seem to be there to say the game is varied or pad out time for achievements(really, is there any point in getting seeds and planting them?) and the story is pretty average and lives or dies in how much you like the couple.

Also:
One of those indie games where every ending is depressing, you either try to fight back against the villain and you see the couple get captured and brainwashed, or you cut them off from the rest of the universe permanently with one of them disfigured forever and in danger of going mad, and then the ending reveals the planet is dying anyways so either way they won't exactly die of old age together, just prolonged their death.

I don't easily hype on Gears but this looks awesome

Included with Game Pass Ultimate

Last edited:

Included with Game Pass

Game Pass ULTIMATE It's 20 bucks otherwise.

Greggy

Tried it, and it's...fine i guess, OST is good but it's honestly just an average artsy game, combat is really easy, there are a lot of mechanics that aren't deep at all and just seem to be there to say the game is varied or pad out time for achievements(really, is there any point in getting seeds and planting them?) and the story is pretty average and lives or dies in how much you like the couple.

Also:
One of those indie games where every ending is depressing, you either try to fight back against the villain and you see the couple get captured and brainwashed, or you cut them off from the rest of the universe permanently with one of them disfigured forever and in danger of going mad, and then the ending reveals the planet is dying anyways so either way they won't exactly die of old age together, just prolonged their death.
Thanks for spoiler tagging your summary. Sounds like you managed to complete it so it must not be too torturous. I was looking for a good couch co-op game other than minecraft and obviously the idea of thec ouple was intriguing. I'll give it a try before cyberpunk hits.

splattered

So did COD Cold War get its Series X update? I'm confused because i've searched updates repeatedly in the dashboard and the game/manage menu and nothing pops up, but when i load into the game i don't see any of the free operator bundles or anything mentioned in the patch notes. Do we get those on the 16th when season one drops? If so that's fine, i just want to make sure my game is updated to the latest version so it doesn't crash my console... i would really like to start playing this again.

Kagey K

Banned

Keighley says TGA to feature some 12-15 world premiere reveals, including AAA titles.

Warhammer will be one, Gears 5 DLC was assumed but we just got that now. Any other guesses? Perfect Dark?
The guy that made A Way Out confirmed his new game will be shown there. Probably a Switch game or 2, not sure what else.

silentstorm

Do MS games on GamePass come with all DLCs too?
Nope, you still need to buy them, but the full games come with discounts and if you buy the game, whatever DLC you bought when the game was on GP will be there too.

For example, Forza Horizon 4 has quite a bit DLC i can't play, Gears Of War 5 will have DLC that will only be available automatically to Game Pass Ultimate users, other tiers of GP are out and will have to pay for it.

...Yeah, there is a reason why there are people that fear first-party games will have a ton of DLC for Xbox or that games that will come to Game Pass will get DLC to compensate for everything.

Astorian

Nope, you still need to buy them, but the full games come with discounts and if you buy the game, whatever DLC you bought when the game was on GP will be there too.

For example, Forza Horizon 4 has quite a bit DLC i can't play, Gears Of War 5 will have DLC that will only be available automatically to Game Pass Ultimate users, other tiers of GP are out and will have to pay for it.

...Yeah, there is a reason why there are people that fear first-party games will have a ton of DLC for Xbox or that games that will come to Game Pass will get DLC to compensate for everything.
That’s a shame, will be interesting to see if MS will indeed go the DLC route for their games, was the Gears 5 DLC expected based on the previous games btw?

silentstorm

I get it was a bit confusing, but it wasn’t hard to figure out, just nobody uses thier brain anymore and are all waiting for a walk through.

The totoem and it symbols was from highest to lowest.

Sun Bird Mountain Sea Fish
I will be honest...i somehow didn't look at the back of what Norah calls a slot machine and i somehow missed the Enu with the birds i just looked at them and was trying to see if they were giving the order, then i quit, looked at a video and i pratically yelled at msysel "How the hell did i not look that Enu...how did i not look at the back of the machine, i was trying to look at everything else, how did i miss those two important things!?" so yeah...anyone playing the game, LOOK at everything no matter how obvious it may seem and...sometimes you can miss really damn obvious things.

Man, did i feel like a moron when i saw the solution.

lmHWgan.jpg

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I just tested DOOM Eternal download speed from Game Pass on both PC and Series S. I'm in US NW region with 450Mbps down/20Mbps up service and wired internet connected to a Nighthawk router. For the first 5GB, PC averaged 28MB/s(224Mbps). Series S averaged around 25MB/s(200Mbps) with slightly more severe drops in speed. More or less, about the same over ethernet connection.

The time period around Series X|S release I was having total jank connection. Everybody was re-downloading their GP roster.

Last edited:

IDappa

Completed call of the sea in the one sitting overall I think it's a very engaging little game and am surprised that nobody is really talking about it, being a Xbox exclusive probably has something to do with this.

The puzzles do have varying difficulties some hard some simple enough but all fairly engaging. I really had trouble with the first initial puzzle that involved the drawbridge as I wasn't quite sure what type of game I was playing so I didn't pay to much attention and I assume allot of people will be doing the same.

Story throughout was very interesting and had that enough mystery to keep you engaged and interested. I won't comment on the ending as I don't know how to add spoiler tags ( wasn't going to spoil the ending just have give my impression overall with it).

All in all worth playing for the 5-6 hours definitely recommend.

Kagey K

Banned
Looks like my dashboard may have just spoiled some TGA reveals.

Got a tab called Game Awards Demo fest, has Echo Generation, Song of Iron, Genesis Noir and Raji as demos listed.

splattered

Looks like my dashboard may have just spoiled some TGA reveals.

Got a tab called Game Awards Demo fest, has Echo Generation, Song of Iron, Genesis Noir and Raji as demos listed.

I think those are meant to drop now or soon, major Nelson already announced the TGA Echo Generation demo. Havent searched around for the others.

Kagey K

Banned
I think those are meant to drop now or soon, major Nelson already announced the TGA Echo Generation demo. Havent searched around for the others.

Wierd since the card on the dash says ”Play demos for games featured in The Game Awards”

REe7tVJ.jpg

What disappointment.
I can't no longer post on that "Next Gen Speculation" thread after questioning that insanity that Series S/X uses a mix of RDNA1 and RDNA2 in the GPU.
Instead of answering my question some mod deleted it and punished me.

How the hell can the GPU be "parts" RDNA1 while being able to perform ALL, every single one of the new RDNA2 features that require all the changes in hardware that constitutes the RDNA2 architecture?
A "leaker" "info" matters more than the reality?

I had said this before I want to repeat it again.
The SeX had a rough start, but in a year no one will be laughing. This machine have a higher ceiling and the new studios will soon start to show how high it is.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Destiny 2 is unfuckingplayable with HDR. No matter how much I mess with the settings it's either washed out or way too dark. Anyone have a fix for this shit? I've tried using EvilBoris' method and I'm still not happy with the results.

What disappointment.
I can't no longer post on that "Next Gen Speculation" thread after questioning that insanity that Series S/X uses a mix of RDNA1 and RDNA2 in the GPU.
Instead of answering my question some mod deleted it and punished me.

How the hell can the GPU be "parts" RDNA1 while being able to perform ALL, every single one of the new RDNA2 features that require all the changes in hardware that constitutes the RDNA2 architecture?
A "leaker" "info" matters more than the reality?

I had said this before I want to repeat it again.
The SeX had a rough start, but in a year no one will be laughing. This machine have a higher ceiling and the new studios will soon start to show how high it is.
That is a thread for Xbox criticism and PS5 enthusiasm. If you aren't with the program you get removed. It's probably best to avoid it.

Roberts

Completed call of the sea in the one sitting overall I think it's a very engaging little game and am surprised that nobody is really talking about it, being a Xbox exclusive probably has something to do with this.

The puzzles do have varying difficulties some hard some simple enough but all fairly engaging. I really had trouble with the first initial puzzle that involved the drawbridge as I wasn't quite sure what type of game I was playing so I didn't pay to much attention and I assume allot of people will be doing the same.

Story throughout was very interesting and had that enough mystery to keep you engaged and interested. I won't comment on the ending as I don't know how to add spoiler tags ( wasn't going to spoil the ending just have give my impression overall with it).

All in all worth playing for the 5-6 hours definitely recommend.

Agreed that is very engaging. A perfect distraction from bigger games (in my case Valhalla). I had trouble with that words puzzle in Chapter 4, I think - was SO close to watching a walkthrough on YT. Anyway, you can see a lot of heart went into it, but I wish it was a bit better optimised and strangely enough, such a colourful game didn't have HDR (even Auto-HDR was disabled). Also, wasn't it supposed to have raytracing?

Also, checked out State of Decay 2. XIS patch made a difference - I think I will get back to it at some point.

Echo Generation demo reminded me of Touryst, at least visually. Teenager everyday life meets wacky punk fantasy with rpg elements and humour.

IDappa

Agreed that is very engaging. A perfect distraction from bigger games (in my case Valhalla). I had trouble with that words puzzle in Chapter 4, I think - was SO close to watching a walkthrough on YT. Anyway, you can see a lot of heart went into it, but I wish it was a bit better optimised and strangely enough, such a colourful game didn't have HDR (even Auto-HDR was disabled). Also, wasn't it supposed to have raytracing?

Also, checked out State of Decay 2. XIS patch made a difference - I think I will get back to it at some point.

Echo Generation demo reminded me of Touryst, at least visually. Teenager everyday life meets wacky punk fantasy with rpg elements and humour.
Tbh I think everyone is going to have a probl with that puzzle. The hints aren't exactly helpful, I found them useless on that one to be honest.

I did get some weird tearing, I think anyway. A strange purple tint popped on my screen for a split second a couple of times and I did feel in a few spots the frames felt like they had dropped?. But nothing really to Major and really these instances were few and far between but optimisation would be welcomed. I thought I saw somewhere this had raytracing and HDR leading upto release. When playing it I knew raytracing wasn't implemented just by looking at it but HDR I thought was. It's insane to think they don't have it in, it is such a pretty game.

I will be booting up SoD2 as it looks like a big improvement over initial release and I fell off. If you need another player for co-op shoot me a pm.

RPS37

Destiny 2 is unfuckingplayable with HDR. No matter how much I mess with the settings it's either washed out or way too dark. Anyone have a fix for this shit? I've tried using EvilBoris' method and I'm still not happy with the results.
I thought I was crazy and was having similar issues.

In other news, Rocket League is 4K/60 on XSX.
My question tho: what are the arrows in the bottom right hand corner of the icon for Rocket League and MCC?

Top Bottom