• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Kagey K

Banned
I thought I was crazy and was having similar issues.

In other news, Rocket League is 4K/60 on XSX.
My question tho: what are the arrows in the bottom right hand corner of the icon for Rocket League and MCC?
I think they mean you have to transfer them to the internal before you play them.

Ive only seen them on Series X enhanced games I had on my external.

Doncabesa

Destiny 2 is unfuckingplayable with HDR. No matter how much I mess with the settings it's either washed out or way too dark. Anyone have a fix for this shit? I've tried using EvilBoris' method and I'm still not happy with the results.
you need to load it up without hdr and change the brightness down, then load it back up with hdr and adjust accordingly. been that way since launch and it sucks. sdr brightness effects hdr settings

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
you need to load it up without hdr and change the brightness down, then load it back up with hdr and adjust accordingly. been that way since launch and it sucks. sdr brightness effects hdr settings
I tried that and still didn't like how dark it is. Some way it's an intentional thematic use of light and dark, with light guiding your way through dark levels, but if is I think it's an awful design decision.

RPS37

I think they mean you have to transfer them to the internal before you play them.

Ive only seen them on Series X enhanced games I had on my external.
I’ve glanced over this thread and it seems like they don’t have a conclusive answer either.

edit: maybe some quick resume thing?

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I thought I was crazy and was having similar issues.

In other news, Rocket League is 4K/60 on XSX.
My question tho: what are the arrows in the bottom right hand corner of the icon for Rocket League and MCC?
Reset your consoles and the arrows will disappear. They appear in error sometimes, they are supposed to appear on enhanced games that have to be played from the internal drive, indicating that you need to transfer the game over to play it.

However, games like Rocket League, MCC, Ori and the Will of the Wisps and Sea of Thieves can all be played in their enhanced form directly from any external drive.

I have those games on my external SSD and have full access to the 120fps mode in Ori, FOV slider and 120fps in MCC, 60fps on Sea of Thieves and 120fps in Rocket League.

You can see what enhanced games can be played on external by clicking the start/options button on the game tile and clicking file info. If it says ‘gen; Durango’ / ‘console type; XboxOneGen9Aware’ it can be played from an external drive.

If it’s ‘gen; Scarlett’ / ‘console type; Gen9’ (like Gears 5, Forza Horizon 4 and Rainbow Six) it can only be played on the internal drive.

Yes, I know thisis contrary to what Microsoft have said about all enhanced games being required to play on the internal, but I imagine they wanted to simplify the message.

MadPanda

Banned
It really sucks that Xbox is not officially supported in my country and the only way to buy it I have to import it :messenger_expressionless: .

I feel you. I'm from Bosnia and there are zero xbox series x consoles here. I've asked some retailers and one it shop told me that they've had many inquiries about it so they will get some but due to availability and covid issues it's going to take time. I'll probably just buy one x and in a year or so go with series x as I have some other expenses now. Ill have to stop reading about series x updates as they make me anxious. For example, reading about 120 fps in destiny 2 crucible, call of Duty and similar, makes me impatient :) I'm on one s right now.

As we look at how we define success at the start of a new generation for gaming, we can think of none better than more and more players connecting with their friends and discovering games they love. It’s the billions of hours and over 3,800 different games you played in the last month that is the foundation for our success at Xbox.

You’re also getting the most out of the Xbox Game Pass library – compared to the prior year, in November, Xbox Game Pass monthly engagement more than doubled. We also saw:
  • Over 1.6 million seamless upgrades delivered to Xbox Series X|S owners with Smart Delivery.
  • Over 40% of you joining Xbox for the first time are playing on Xbox Series S.
  • One of the fastest selling Xbox Series X|S markets out of 40+ launch regions, Europe saw record sellouts in a matter of hours across the UK, France and Germany.
  • During November, Xbox Game Pass members played more of their favorites, including, Destiny 2: Beyond Light, Rainbow Six: Siege, Tetris Effect Connected, and Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order with EA Play on Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Astorian

As we look at how we define success at the start of a new generation for gaming, we can think of none better than more and more players connecting with their friends and discovering games they love. It’s the billions of hours and over 3,800 different games you played in the last month that is the foundation for our success at Xbox.

You’re also getting the most out of the Xbox Game Pass library – compared to the prior year, in November, Xbox Game Pass monthly engagement more than doubled. We also saw:
  • Over 1.6 million seamless upgrades delivered to Xbox Series X|S owners with Smart Delivery.
  • Over 40% of you joining Xbox for the first time are playing on Xbox Series S.
  • One of the fastest selling Xbox Series X|S markets out of 40+ launch regions, Europe saw record sellouts in a matter of hours across the UK, France and Germany.
  • During November, Xbox Game Pass members played more of their favorites, including, Destiny 2: Beyond Light, Rainbow Six: Siege, Tetris Effect Connected, and Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order with EA Play on Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
Seems big enough for a thread, I’ll make one.

Thank you mr postman
p72LV3W.jpg

silentstorm

So, how do headphones work exactly?

I put some on the controller in the headphone jack but the sounds keep coming out only from the TV, tried to go to Xbox settings for volume and they still don't work, it's always sound coming exclusively from TV!

Night.Ninja

Banned
So, how do headphones work exactly?

I put some on the controller in the headphone jack but the sounds keep coming out only from the TV, tried to go to Xbox settings for volume and they still don't work, it's always sound coming exclusively from TV!

You have to mute the TV, it doesn't work how it does on playstation

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

Psychonauts 2 is multiplatform and Grounded is not new. I hate putting release date on stuffs like Flight Simulator that dont have an officially announced released date yet(although I am positive Flight Simulator will release on 2021, and maybe even Starfield and Wolfenstein 3). If he is putting The Gunk in there, then there are 26 home console exclusive and 24 console exclusives(2 of them are also coming to Switch) announced for 2021 in Xbox. If we are only talking about the "good ones", theres also Exo One and Bright Memory Infinite. I can say I am excited for Halo Infinite, Bright Memory Infinite, The Medium, Scorn, Exo One and Shredders in 2021 but that would just be my personal opinion.

Last edited:
Psychonauts 2 is multiplatform and Grounded is not new. I hate putting release date on stuffs like Flight Simulator that dont have an officially announced released date yet(although I am positive Flight Simulator will release on 2021, and maybe even Starfield and Wolfenstein 3). If he is putting The Gunk in there, then there are 26 home console exclusive and 24 console exclusives(2 of them are also coming to Switch) announced for 2021 in Xbox. If we are only talking about the "good ones", theres also Exo One and Bright Memory Infinite. I can say I am excited for Halo Infinite, Bright Memory Infinite, The Medium, Scorn, Exo One and Shredders in 2021 but that would just be my personal opinion.

Psychonauts 2 will probably be next gen exclusive, almost certainly. Agree about Grounded and Flight Sim.

There's already a few things in there I'd pay for, but will come to GP - and I'm sure there's much more to be announced too.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Psychonauts 2 will probably be next gen exclusive, almost certainly.
I meant it is also coming to Playstation so I don't get why some people group it as "Xbox 2021 lineup". Also, they promised "Xbox One, PS4" in the kickstarter so they can't go back on their word.
He could have just "these are the 2021 games I am looking forward to playing on my Xbox".

I meant it is also coming to Playstation so I don't get why some people group it as "Xbox 2021 lineup". Also, they promised "Xbox One, PS4" in the kickstarter so they can't go back on their word.
He could have just "these are the 2021 games I am looking forward to playing on my Xbox".

I imagine it'll get some kind of enhancement for Series X/S, in line with the "better or best" babbling from Tim Stuart.

In any case he's counting it because it's XGS, and a small, if not comprehensive, reminder of what's to come. I see no harm in it.

Rossco EZ

anyone here with a series x that has forza horizon 4 able to try play online? i keep getting disconnected constantly. all other multiplayer games work fine and my internet has no issues.

when i say disconnected i mean from horizon life, so i’m not able to drive round in free roam with other players. i can solo but when i try to find horizon session i connect then 15-30 seconds later it disconnects me.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Must be a glitch because both games work fine with x enhancements where they are.

I think most games will not be able to be launched in the future if they have Series X/S enhancements because they will be built on the current GDK where as games like Ori are still technically last gen games but take advantage of the CPU and GPU power.

Reading the responses to Greenberg’s tweet, it would be great if he was being coy and they had a couple of really cool exciting games announced or show off. My expectations for them haven’t been high for some considerable time I’m sad to say.

Personally I think , in some ways, they’re lucky to have the decent fan base that’s remained and still buys the stuff, regardless of game pass.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned

Grounded should have an official launch in 2021, leaving beta, right?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Can someone post the default values for the HDR settings in Cyberpunk? Ended up tweaking mine and not liking the results, but there's no option to go back to default settings :(

Top Bottom