• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

JLB

Banned
Mrs. J is back.

happiness-happiness-everywhere.jpg

T-Cake

For a total noob comme moi, how is Darktide different to not be Vermintide III? I’ve not played the latter yet.

If it is, why the hell would they money hat anything from this abomination of a studio? If you're going to moneyhat something, do so with something worthwhile

Let them get on with it, something tells me the result of 2021 will be when the changes needed will happen for the good of the platform

(At least I hope)

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
If you haven't played the Yakuza games, you have no excuse now.

Although am I blind or was Yakuza 4 not mentioned?

Edit: Nevermind, it was mentioned

Last edited:

reksveks

I know the other thread is shitting on thegameawards but I am enjoying this event this year.

In terms of Microsoft announcements
- Flight Sim release date
- Yakuza
- fortnight/halo confirmed
- Perfect Dark

The main studio that I am missing news from is Ninja Theory.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
So I totally forgot about the game awards and I am trying to get caught up now.
Here's what I've found so far:
Apparently Neil Drunkman's SJW soap opera won most of the awards.
The Initiative is rebooting what looks and sounds like a pretty great Perfect Dark
FS2020 coming to Series X/S this summer
Sony exclusive, Returnal has an ugly non-binary lead character
Trailer for new Mass Effect that looks pretty damn good to me (will probably be crap, but here's hoping)

So what did I miss that's exciting?

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So I totally forgot about the game awards and I am trying to get caught up now.
Here's what I've found so far:
Apparently Neil Drunkman's SJW soap opera won most of the awards.
The Initiative is rebooting what looks and sounds like a pretty great Perfect Dark
FS2020 coming to Series X/S this summer
Sony exclusive, Returnal has an ugly non-binary lead character
Trailer for new Mass Effect that looks pretty damn good to me (will probably be crap 0 but here's hopung)

So what did I miss that's exciting?
Rest of the Yakuza games minus 7 coming to Game Pass. For Chads only.

CatLady

Rest of the Yakuza games minus 7 coming to Game Pass. For Chads only.

Guess I'm not a Chadette because I simply can not get myself to even try one of the Yakuza games. I know so many people rave about them, but they are just so not appealing to me. I hate the art, the setting, the characters plus they aren't even in English, right?

CatLady

Great news for gamers, bad news for my backlog. I've been dying to play The Medium since the original reveal and I was thinking I need to replay Skyrim just the other day. I didn't realize Skyrim was possibly one of the only BGS games that isn't BC and I only have the 360 version so this is perfect timing from GP.

While Skyrim isn't my favorite BGS game, I like it better than about 98% of all the other games out there.

Last edited:
I know the other thread is shitting on thegameawards but I am enjoying this event this year.

In terms of Microsoft announcements
- Flight Sim release date
- Yakuza
- fortnight/halo confirmed
- Perfect Dark

The main studio that I am missing news from is Ninja Theory.

The other thread was full of Sony fans, so understandable they'd think it was a bust as PlayStation dialed it in.

Perfect Dark alone makes it a top tier show for Xbox, but everything else...wow

shimceltic

Neo Member
I'm thinking of getting some headphones to make use of the atmos license I paid for. There seems to be loads of gaming headsets out there. Do any implement atmos with multiple channels to give proper surround? Thanks.

DrDamn

If it is, why the hell would they money hat anything from this abomination of a studio? If you're going to moneyhat something, do so with something worthwhile

I enjoyed the first Vermintide but it felt like a freemium title in paid for clothing - with progression and rewards very slowly handed out. If they follow a similar approach it makes the title a good one to put out on a service like GP (or GwG/PS+ for that matter). Hence the money hatting is likely small or simply marketing/promotion based.

KO7

Didn’t want to post this in one of the Cyberpunk threads cause of Sony-GAF, but how smoothly CP2077 runs on my XsX and how good it looks was a really pleasant surprise given so much negative experiences I’ve read from console owners.

CP2077 was my main reason for wanting to early-adopt on a next gen system, and even before the next gen patch comes out for the game, the purchase of the XsX already feels justified. Happy camper here.

silentstorm

Dont sleep on Monster Train.
Yes, i would actually say i enjoy it more than Slay The Spire, and i am not kidding about that.

Also, Code Vein is one i may try alongside Neoverse, the others...well, i will see but they aren't exactly must play games or i have already played them like Skyrim.

Considering going into the TGA’s that most everyone had low/no expectations for Xbox...they knocked it out of the park.

Flight Sim....I’ve been pounding the door impatiently about this for a while. Cannot wait. Sure, it’s a slower burn experience than some would prefer, but the idea of a flying from one spectacular location to another, while listening to one’s favourite podcast seems great to me. But it would sure have been nice to have this title available for us during the pandemic when the option of exploring the world has been taking away from us.

Perfect Dark...as an older gamer this one hits some nice nostalgic notes and it could be really good. You can really see the road map for Xbox stretching out before us now. This generation is going to be much different in terms of competitiveness....and, in my opinion, will end with Xbox having closed the gap with Sony in the high performance end of the console market. Nintendo is just going to continue to Nintendo.

After watching a TON of Cyberpunk coverage I’m quite content to wait for the proper next gen version for my Series X. I bought the console for the promise of PREMIUM gaming experiences. The current build for both Series X and PS5 are definitely NOT that. When I fire up the game - and I’m legit excited to play it - I want to do so playing the best version as possible on console...even if it’s not quite up to the level of the stuff I’ve seen so far on powerful PC’s. Much of what I’ve seen is jaw dropping.

Now I see that Skyrim is coming to Game Pass. So, just another title to tide me over until Cyberpunk is done proper justice on consoles.

Exciting times for Xbox fans.

splattered

Wow crazy to see Gaf shitting all over the awards show... even though the show was Sony biased (per usual - didn't you just love Keighley's bright blue Sony kicks!?) i feel like Xbox quietly knocked it out of the park. Yes we have been expecting some of the announcements (Perfect Dark, Master Chief in Fortnite, Flight Sim XSX) but it still felt amazing to see everything officially confirmed.

After watching the Initiative dev interview i am even more excited for the reboot. It sounds like a mix of Perfect Dark and Mirror's Edge with the way they were talking about player movement and camera views etc. I have a feeling this game is going to blow people away when we finally start seeing gameplay.

Master Chief in Fortnite looks amazingly cool. Yes, i know it's Fortnite but i still actively play this game with my kids and am super excited to get Chief. I literally passed on buying Kratos (He also looks amazing) just in case the Chief rumors were true. But fuck he is expensive. $20 for his whole set. Ouch! I was hoping they were going to give it away with Gamepass Ultimate or at least give a further discount or something through GPU.

Flight Simulator... SO MANY POSTS by Sony fans saying that Flight Simulator was going to look like total garbage on Series X because their $10,000 computers couldn't run it adequately. Game looks fucking gorgeous on XSX! I may actually buy a flight stick to play this game... i dunno yet. I have an uncle who used to fly planes when he was younger and he HATES video games with a passion so i'm looking forward to sitting his grumpy ass in front of the TV when he visits next summer and having him try this out haha

All the other Xbox announcements just made me so happy.. Yakuza Remastered series coming to Gamepass etc

Was a good night to be an Xbox fan :)

splattered

Considering going into the TGA’s that most everyone had low/no expectations for Xbox...they knocked it out of the park.

Flight Sim....I’ve been pounding the door impatiently about this for a while. Cannot wait. Sure, it’s a slower burn experience than some would prefer, but the idea of a flying from one spectacular location to another, while listening to one’s favourite podcast seems great to me. But it would sure have been nice to have this title available for us during the pandemic when the option of exploring the world has been taking away from us.

Perfect Dark...as an older gamer this one hits some nice nostalgic notes and it could be really good. You can really see the road map for Xbox stretching out before us now. This generation is going to be much different in terms of competitiveness....and, in my opinion, will end with Xbox having closed the gap with Sony in the high performance end of the console market. Nintendo is just going to continue to Nintendo.

After watching a TON of Cyberpunk coverage I’m quite content to wait for the proper next gen version for my Series X. I bought the console for the promise of PREMIUM gaming experiences. The current build for both Series X and PS5 are definitely NOT that. When I fire up the game - and I’m legit excited to play it - I want to do so playing the best version as possible on console...even if it’s not quite up to the level of the stuff I’ve seen so far on powerful PC’s. Much of what I’ve seen is jaw dropping.

Now I see that Skyrim is coming to Game Pass. So, just another title to tide me over until Cyberpunk is done proper justice on consoles.

Exciting times for Xbox fans.

Great minds... haha i was writing my post while you were posting yours. They read similar :p

Top Bottom