• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Zeeed

No idea, I was just surprised at the difference.
It's a patch to the BC game.
It's the same as when they released a patch for Jedi Fallen Order.
It's not a PS5 native version, so still have constraint of comparing it from PS4Pro to Xbox One X.

OMG - thank you for posting this, I was wondering why Xbox kept trying to tell me my TV didn't do HDR10. I had the same thing with Auto checked instead of HDMI 2.0 my TV. Now Xbox tells me it DOES do HDR10.
No problem!

Let me guess, is it a TCL?

Last edited:
Is there an ESO official thread? I tried searching but didn’t see one, totally possible I missed it.

all the other threads were wicked old and I didn’t want to necrobump, this thread seems as good as any to ask since I play on Xbox

Jemm

I don't get why BC games get put down just because they are "BC games". Now that there are not many new games to play for a while, most games people play are either BC or cross-gen games, anyway. If Xbox can upgrade them to be better (improved graphics/resolution, auto-HDR etc), it's just a plus.

On PC there are no "backwards compatible" games - just games, as people still keep playing their libraries. Old game - new game, who cares, as long as it is fun. I think this is one of the message Microsoft tries to get through (no more generations): every game is valuable, not just new games.

Mmnow

I don't get why BC games get put down just because they are "BC games". Now that there are not many new games to play for a while, most games people play are either BC or cross-gen games, anyway. If Xbox can upgrade them to be better (improved graphics/resolution, auto-HDR etc), it's just a plus.

On PC there are no "backwards compatible" games - just games, as people still keep playing their libraries. Old game - new game, who cares, as long as it is fun. I think this is one of the message Microsoft tries to get through (no more generations): every game is valuable, not just new games.
Because Xbox consistently wins in upgraded games. It's the same reason all the talk about the power of the SSD has disappeared since launch.

Hell, go look at the early backwards compatibility threads, where people were talking about Xbox loading times compared to PS5. "Just wait until launch - PS5 will load in half the time as Xbox." That was a week before launch. Now? Nothing.

Instead, the most important battle in the latest console war is two or three frames dropped in 1 per cent of the game. Nothing else matters.

//DEVIL//

Cold wars new patch has destroyed the series x performance in zombies.
Well to be honest. Even the ps5 is getting worse with the new updates. Now my ps5 can’t maintain 60 FPS in nuke town when I aim down sight with a thermal and some actions on the screen like smoke etc )

ray tracing is off

splattered

Cold wars new patch has destroyed the series x performance in zombies.

Me, my wife, and my brother played the new zombies map last night and performance seemed the same as before the patch? Didn't really notice any major issues... that being said, sometimes when i bounce around games a bit and i load Cold War in any mode I get really muddy textures and laggy weird controls. Totally closing out the game and doing a hard reset on the console seems to fix it though. Not sure why this happens but it is definitely annoying.

Riky

$MSFT
Because Xbox consistently wins in upgraded games. It's the same reason all the talk about the power of the SSD has disappeared since launch.

Hell, go look at the early backwards compatibility threads, where people were talking about Xbox loading times compared to PS5. "Just wait until launch - PS5 will load in half the time as Xbox." That was a week before launch. Now? Nothing.

Instead, the most important battle in the latest console war is two or three frames dropped in 1 per cent of the game. Nothing else matters.

One clown was saying that PS5 would load PS4 games in one second🤣🤣

GametimeUK

Playing around with Retroarch and my monitor produced some great results. I really do love this Xbox for many reasons.

OwAsf0c.jpg

Gatox

Banned
Anyone tried falconeer? I had a good blast on it last night, its a lovely little shooter reminded me of Crimson Skies a bit. Its pretty impressive for such a small team, though the world does need a bit more filling out.
Quick resume helping me again last night, I only get a few hours to play so flicking between falconeer, medium and cyberpunk is brilliant.

Witchilich

Roberts

Anyone tried falconeer? I had a good blast on it last night, its a lovely little shooter reminded me of Crimson Skies a bit. Its pretty impressive for such a small team, though the world does need a bit more filling out.
Quick resume helping me again last night, I only get a few hours to play so flicking between falconeer, medium and cyberpunk is brilliant.
I bought it when it launched and played for a few hours. Really liked it, but the controls took some time to get used to. Didn't they release a patch later that tightened up the controls?

SirTerry-T

"Cult of the new", "FOMO"...all that nonsense. For a site that considers itself home of the hardcore gamers, you would have thought that BC would be a blessing rather than a curse. Guess these Serious Gamers aren't that serious about being able to play, discover and enjoy older games that they may have missed out on first time round.
FFS, I've been trying to finish Rocket Ranger since 1988....

wait what, puyo 2 is on gold?

First game was stupid hard, but if you like tetris and are interested in puyo its a really solid game, will download

I watched her play and I'm gonna stick to traditional OG Tetris mode @#$% that🙉, other ish I'm not going to bother..but the games deff got that Japanese cuteness .

Tetris Effect is still GOAT tho, from level design to 🔥 soundtrack.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

This is too good to just be left in that thread.
No Offense REALLY NO OFFENSE, but I Think you Should Delete This Video but if Not THE CAN OF WORMS IS NOW OPENED!!!!!!!! I HAD TO STEP IN SO HERE IT GOES!!! This is The Classic Excuse of Liberal Generation Z I Do not Understand why Anybody would claim Bill Gates Console and To Relate being a xbox fan is American Wich The people on the Left Are Not for America The Gamers for America Are Not Xbox Supporters Only Playstation Fans Who Support President Trump can Say it Was Their First Gaming Console and Relate To Being a PlayStation Fan to being a Patriot American Claiming The Truth About Xbox is in a Bible Stand Point Xbox is The Mark Of The Beast and Those Who Support Xbox are saying The Support X Marks The Spot The Mark Of The Beast on The Right Hand and Forehead and will Join The people on The Left Against Jesus Christ You Can't Tell xbox fans Anything of my inpute They have to See It for Themselves if Not I Think Xbox Supporters will Use Xbox to Put it as Jesus Christ But Really are Worshipping the Antichrist Agenda Every xbox fan thinks this same thing And This is Further From The Truth He does Not Present a Conclusion based upon Rashional Thinking instead this is based On Politics in Gaming I Suggest This Goes Even Further, White Liberal School Teachers have Programed him to The Frequency of Satan And The Antichrist Spirt is What He Sounds like a The same White Liberals who can't Comprehend that Your Not American for Having a Xbox first gaming console and some how Relate this to what being an American What Next your going to Say you follow the Bible and Jesus Christ? This Sounds more like What White Liberal Jews Would say, I Support Only Conservative Jews for Jesus Christ And He needs to hear that he is Being Led Astray by The Devil at the Liberal Public Schools like what I say or Not but in Your Hearts Of Hearts (YOU KNOW!) WWE Paul Hey Man Scream, I'm Telling People like him The Truth to Drop your Xbox, it's Bad for Ya just like George Carlin Said in his Comedy Liberal Republicans or Biased Democrats I have talked to are the only fools who I have seen to Glorify a Gaming Console above Jesus Christ in The Holy Bible The Worship of Computers is What The Mark Of The Beast is and Means I don't believe in the comments here that support this Antichrist Gaming Console, I Don't Care Not Only his opinion but those who Support Xbox Do Not Speak for My Fanship of Playstation or America, Xbox Supporters hate America You Would Think Democrats would Support Playstation being they Always Got there Nose Overseas for Emeny Countries like China who both Playstation and Xbox are made and assembled in I Conclude The Console Wars to The Battle of Armageddon, The Last War of Man And The Battle Of Good and Evil The Last War in Heaven, Xbox Supporters For Evil The Mark of The Beast and Playstation Good Supporters of The Light Of Jesus Christ, His 2ND Coming The Mark Of GOD IN HEAVEN Revelations 21:4 For My Reasons, I Will NEVER Support Any Generation Who Sides With Satan and his Unholy Companies in Gaming Besides I Will Not Take The opinion of Generation Z Who Ate Tide Pods, ALL CREDITABILITY IS GONE PAL!!! You can't have An Opinion about Playstation Products And Another Thing In Genius After Michael The Ark Angle Throwed Satan to Hell Satan's Face was So Horrible and Hideous Then Tricked Adam And Eve into Biting The Apple To Rebel Against God saying "You Can Do As You Please" And The Golden Calf That Was Worshiped When Mosses came down from the Mountain to See All people Worshiping False God's and Golden Calf This is Really Disheartening and American People should Homeschool to Stop the Liberal indoctrination This is more Like MK ULTRA what Xbox Supporters are Supporting All the Worst Traits that Can't get a Person into Heaven Without Great Great Great Repentance Turn Away from xbox Sin, people and So what Both Companies in America have More Employees and Bosses who are Liberal Democrats, This is My Opinion based Solely Upon The American Constitution and Besides being a xbox supporter you Can't Claim you Support America and You can't call yourself An American when the Democrats are Responsible for Slavery And Started The Civil War Prager U Youtube Channel Game OVER!!! GLORIFY THE JESUS CHRIST IN THE HOLY BIBLE!!!!!!!!
Hail Satan!

Gatox

Banned
I bought it when it launched and played for a few hours. Really liked it, but the controls took some time to get used to. Didn't they release a patch later that tightened up the controls?
Not sure about the controls, I found them pretty decent really. The only negative for me is a lack of enemies really.

Tried GTA V on my SX last night , first time i have played it in years. I have to say, despite being disappointed in Rockstar for the lack of and variety of , new releases in recent times, they are the best in open world games IMO.

I don’t even go near the online side of things, just roaming around the world, messing about, being chased by cops, all the little details and dialogue from pedestrians. Technically amazing for its time. Oh and the pause menu/map music is still cool as hell.

The "Control Photo Mode" thread is priceless. Did you know that XSX can only perform when paused? It also can't do particle effects. You can learn a lot about Xbox from Sony fans, all these Xbox shills in this thread have been hiding these things from me.
Yeah, it’s really something else isn’t it? Popped into the ”next gen spec” thread this morning. Goodness, that’s a full fledged PS support group now. The gyrations those folk go through to try and disprove that Xbox have possibly built a better console is just incredible. I fear for these folks sanity if the Series X eventually outperforms the PS5 quite handily.

I was playing Sea of Thieves yesterday - had it in 120fps mode for this particular session, though I probably do 4K 60 more often - and, for the very first time I thought I could hear some fan noise coming from my Series X which is tucked behind the corner of my LG CX. Nothing too offensive, but definitely some low level whooshing sounds. I got up and approached the console and put my ear close to the perforated top vent. Nothing. Then I realized the sound was coming from our refrigerator. Crisis averted! Series X (and Series S from what I’ve heard) are truly silent marvels of gaming engineering.

Top Bottom