• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Mr.ODST

Am I the only that sometimes misses the more strict moderation on Reeeee? Every single thread about Xbox is ruined by the usual suspects.
Better not roam outside the wall of the Xbox OT thread if you like Xbox, swarms of Sony fanboys waiting to attack.

On a serious not dont know why people come in here causing shit and nothing happens but if any of us who post in another thread defending Xbox we get banned from that thread.

TBiddy

Better not roam outside the wall of the Xbox OT thread if you like Xbox, swarms of Sony fanboys waiting to attack.

On a serious not dont know why people come in here causing shit and nothing happens but if any of us who post in another thread defending Xbox we get banned from that thread.

This thread is OK. By and large, there are very few obnoxious types in here - outside Bernkastel Bernkastel , but he's still cool ;D

Also, I have no issue with criticism, jokes and the likes, but when the horde runs rampant shitposting for those sweet, sweet likes from the like-minded, it's a giant turn-off for the reasonable posters.

Chukhopops

Am I the only that sometimes misses the more strict moderation on Reeeee? Every single thread about Xbox is ruined by the usual suspects.
If you don’t have at least 5-10 of the most prolific shitposters on ignore you’re gonna have a bad time, it’s not specific to Xbox stuff but basically everything non-Sony (Nintendo, Steam, Stadia etc). They have infinite time and 10k+ posts so arguing isn’t an option either I’m afraid.

Mmnow

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

Am I a comedy genius for posting this gif...?

That's how it works, right?

Concern

Never been on Ree but this forum has gotten so ridiculous you have to laugh at the stupidity. I mean mods for the most part even let insults fly from these guys. I saw a post just the day before yesterday where one awesome poster was calling someone a "fucking idiot" and nothing.

I enjoy talking about games from either since I buy both consoles (no ps5 yet). But the fanboys just rather talk about how "gamepass sucks lolz".

Kagey K

Banned
Never been on Ree but this forum has gotten so ridiculous you have to laugh at the stupidity. I mean mods for the most part even let insults fly from these guys. I saw a post just the day before yesterday where one awesome poster was calling someone a "fucking idiot" and nothing.

I enjoy talking about games from either since I buy both consoles (no ps5 yet). But the fanboys just rather talk about how "gamepass sucks lolz".
Yeah the amount of personal insults that go unnoticed is getting a bit out of hand.

What happened to attack the argument, not the person?

Concern

Yeah the amount of personal insults that go unnoticed is getting a bit out of hand.

Unnoticed or ignored? Its too prevalent to be unnoticed at this point. Check the sales thread where i was just called a rat and someone else a maggot by the same poster. If I was an uneducated lowlife and responded with insults, i bet you I'd get hit with a warning or ban instantly.

Kagey K

Banned
Unnoticed or ignored? Its too prevalent to be unnoticed at this point. Check the sales thread where i was just called a rat and someone else a maggot by the same poster. If I was an uneducated lowlife and responded with insults, i bet you I'd get hit with a warning or ban instantly.
I saw that one. It was one of the instances I was referencing.

Same with the fucktard that tried to have a go at me on the weekend.

Gatox

Banned
I only recently joined the forum after lurking for a while, the main reason I didn't join earlier was because it was pretty much impossible to hold a proper discussion about anything to do with Xbox on here, which is what I wanted to do. I only joined to be able to use this thread pretty much, and everything I've seen since joining has confirmed that all to me. I mean that thread about the graphics benchmarking could have been a really interesting one, it could have been great to compare an contrast the 2 machines but within about 5 posts it was done, it was immediately just another load of trash infested with man children trying desperately to defend their piece of plastic. Its a shame as there are some great threads created but they are usually ruined by the same 4 or 5 posters unfortunately.

I only recently joined the forum after lurking for a while, the main reason I didn't join earlier was because it was pretty much impossible to hold a proper discussion about anything to do with Xbox on here, which is what I wanted to do. I only joined to be able to use this thread pretty much, and everything I've seen since joining has confirmed that all to me. I mean that thread about the graphics benchmarking could have been a really interesting one, it could have been great to compare an contrast the 2 machines but within about 5 posts it was done, it was immediately just another load of trash infested with man children trying desperately to defend their piece of plastic. Its a shame as there are some great threads created but they are usually ruined by the same 4 or 5 posters unfortunately.

It's some kind of weird inferiority complex I think. I can see where there will absolutely be instances where the faster rasterization pipeline/IO on the PS5 will net better results, I don't know why it kills them to think that the extra memory bandwidth and shader compute are going to pay dividends for Xbox on certain titles. 🤷‍♂️

Murdoch

I love the art style they are going for with this, it’s going to be released on game pass too.

This looks fantastic. I'd love to play this through handheld on switch but what's the point when I get it on games pass I suppose?

Out of interest, Am I one of the few that like these 'types' of indie games launching into Gamepass? I know its not graphically intensive but I'm a huge fan of indies of late.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
This looks fantastic. I'd love to play this through handheld on switch but what's the point when I get it on games pass I suppose?

Out of interest, Am I one of the few that like these 'types' of indie games launching into Gamepass? I know its not graphically intensive but I'm a huge fan of indies of late.
Not the only one, the fantastic aspect of having such powerful HW is that small indie studios are only limited by their creativity and the cost of creating assets (well mostly, but to get 60 FPS with lots of large sprites/objects on screen, several parallax BG layers, and transparencies... it is a lot easier now [at the same resolution] than it was on say GBA... in terms of requiring optimisations).

This game looks really really good :).

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
On the plus side, you have plenty of time for games in the next couple weeks, if you feel up to it.

Hopefully you get better quickly and don’t lose your taste and smell.

Yeah I’m kinda dreading that happening, I’d go crazy stuck inside without snacks and stuff.

Hope you get well soon!

If anybody wants some chill games on Halo let me know

I wonder if I grind the halo 5 the whole 2 weeks how much of a dent can I put in rank 152 lol

Concern

I like them launching on there as well. Otherwise I wouldn't try most of them tbh.

Started enjoying indies the most with Trials HD then fast forward to the Housemarque games like Resogun. Then Dont Starve, i played the the hell out of those games.

Indies seem to be more open to trying new things than AAA devs.

Is there a way to add free gold games to the library instead of dl them first,even when I dl them and stop them it doesn’t add them to my library.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
It’s sad that we have to describe banning people who literally ruin 10 threads a day as “strict” , it should be perfectly normal.

Unrelated: Fellas I’ve caught the Rona 😰

Damn, sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself and get well soon.

Esppiral

Will be ever get that sweet sweet Minecraft raytracing? because they showed it like a year ago and still no info on when, if ever, it will release.

What bothers me the most is that one or two users in particular seem to have single (or I guess double) handedly run off regular/helpful posters. Hix, Dark10x, for example. Other former 'Top 10" posters who were Xbox friendly, or Xbox neutral/tried to be fair at least, have requested perms as well.

I also can't remember the last time I saw VFXVeteran VFXVeteran post. I hope he is still around. It seemed like he got dogpiled every time he posted towards the end. It's one thing if people are countering his points in regards to tech/performance, but the personal stuff (like "you need mental help, you're sick" and other garbage) is just uncalled for.

If you post anything contrary in The Thread That Will Not Be Named, you get mass reported and kicked out in a heartbeat.

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

Am I a comedy genius for posting this gif...?

That's how it works, right?

I hate this GIF and the Jurassic Park GIF so much, to the point where I feel like I should beg people not to use them when I post a new analysis thread. So played to death.

People don't even read or watch the analysis before posting it, sometimes their "team" didn't even really "win."

Last edited:
Top Bottom