• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

The Show is the best sports game franchise out there. Awesome that Xbox (and PC too, I think?) gamers get to enjoy it. It is a dream for the dorks like me who tweak every slider until I get ultra realistic results and play through entire seasons each year.

Also, I won't ever post about being disappointed by PS5 version of a game's settings/performance again. Control thread is a buzzsaw. The head to head comparison isn't even out yet.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Github was finalized a week after EU approval. Looks like Zenimax deal will be finalized soon after March 5.

Last edited:
I personally couldn't care lees about sports games but for those that like them it's nice The Show is coming to Xbox. That said am I the only one that finds it interesting to see the "Optimized for Series X/S" at the top of the box and the PlayStation logo on the bottom?

blob

I think MLB forced the release onto other platforms, not exactly something done out of the goodness of their hearts. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Certainly great for people that love baseball video games. I like to play Madden quite a bit during the season, but that's about it for the sports titles. I wish all the sports had just started charging more $$$ in licensing for each copy sold rather than everything being locked to one company. The old 2K vs. Madden rivalry was helping the football games progress.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Github was finalized a week after EU approval. Looks like Zenimax deal will be finalized soon after March 5.

Ooooh, I hope you're right. I really want Xbox to be able to speak freely about the future of Bethesda games. I want to know whether Xbox will be porting their $7.5B worth of games to Sony because even after paying $7.5B for Bethesda and then putting $15B+ in the bank this quarter, Xbox still can't afford not to put all their games on PS5.

Mmnow

Ooooh, I hope you're right. I really want Xbox to be able to speak freely about the future of Bethesda games. I want to know whether Xbox will be porting their $7.5B worth of games to Sony because even after paying $7.5B for Bethesda and then putting $15B+ in the bank this quarter, Xbox still can't afford not to put all their games on PS5.
"hOw WiLl ThEy MaKe ThEiR MoNeY bAcK, tHoUgH?!"

I would be mad too and going insane with That infinite "war chest" causing certain ppl breakdowns and sleepless nights. Im sure you've seen threads poppin left and right with concerns. Some of the responses from blu camp I caught I really felt their pain in the text, I felt literally grown men crying buckets over the recent acquiring more studio news. Shamefully embarrassin.

What is really not fair, that MS haven't made a dent yet..they just testin waters. Pocket change Shoppin' spree!! haven't even begun yet. Things gonna get nasty this gen and beyond, No Mercy ..hard ol' straight up 🖨 !!

sainraja

What happens if they don't approve? And if there were chances of the deal not going through, why was it announced almost as-if it was a done deal?

sainraja

I think MLB forced the release onto other platforms, not exactly something done out of the goodness of their hearts. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Certainly great for people that love baseball video games. I like to play Madden quite a bit during the season, but that's about it for the sports titles. I wish all the sports had just started charging more $$$ in licensing for each copy sold rather than everything being locked to one company. The old 2K vs. Madden rivalry was helping the football games progress.
Does it matter? lol

Dane

What happens if they don't approve? And if there were chances of the deal not going through, why was it announced almost as-if it was a done deal?

It will be impossible, as it was told before, they closed the deal knowing it will be approved. Most of the Zenimax assets are not there and the most of their value is based on what their american branch does, plus only Arkane was an independent big studio before the acquisition, MachineGames was bought just a year after it was founded.

Last edited:

sainraja

It will be impossible, as it was told before, they closed the deal knowing it will be approved. Most of the Zenimax assets are not there and the most of their value is based on what their american branch does, plus only Arkane was an independent big studio before the acquisition, MachineGames was bought just a year after it was founded.
But if the devs are American, why does the EU even have a say? But I guess I get it....thanks for responding!

Jemm

Microsoft also has big plans for gaming in general throughout 2021, especially with its Xbox Game Pass and xCloud work. Microsoft’s dedicated gaming event will likely focus on the company’s plans to expand xCloud and its gaming efforts, in a year that will see a “reimagined” E3 take place.
This entire approach to news events from Microsoft is different from previous years. It’s taking place during a year where many people continue to work and even study remotely. The pandemic has reshaped entire industries, and it will likely fuel many of Microsoft’s announcements across 2021. If the events are a success, it could even shape how Microsoft plans its news announcements for years to come.

Last edited:
I just want some Halo news, after putting it a stupid amount of hours in MCC & Halo 5 im hyped, I WANT HALO NEWS
343 are putting out monthly "Inside Infinite" updates on Halo Waypoint. They just posted January's last week. It was a good read, all about the sandbox.

No new gameplay or anything, just to be clear. It was an interview with a few of the lead sandbox design devs, about weapons, vehicles, etc...

Well worth keeping an eye out for each monthly update.

Bernkastel

Bernkastel

I just want some Halo news, after putting it a stupid amount of hours in MCC & Halo 5 im hyped, I WANT HALO NEWS

Elias

Yep, reading the latest blog post has given me confidence that the Halo sandbox is well in hand. And despite, all the criticism Halo 5 gets, it has the most balanced and fun weapon sandbox in all of Halo.

Andodalf

Banned

Level Designer at Arkane. For people who think Bethesda should ditch their engine.

Until any game comes close to doing what Bethesda does, nobody should say anything about their engine. Cyberpunk has 1/10 the world system complexity and it was broken in many ways. Bethesda pushes the boundaries of what open world games can be like no one else

Top Bottom