• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Concern

What bothers me the most is that one or two users in particular seem to have single (or I guess double) handedly run off regular/helpful posters. Hix, Dark10x, for example. Other former 'Top 10" posters who were Xbox friendly, or Xbox neutral and tried to be fair at least have requested perms.

I also can't remember the last time I saw VFXVeteran VFXVeteran post. I hope he is still around. It seemed like he got dogpiled every time he posted towards the end. It's one thing if people are countering his points in regards to tech/performance, but the personal stuff (like "you need mental help, you're sick" and other garbage) is just uncalled for.

If you post anything contrary in The Thread That Will Not Be Named, you get mass reported and kicked out in a heartbeat.

I hate this GIF and the Jurassic Park GIF so much, to the point where I feel like I should beg people not to use them when I post a new analysis thread. So played to death.

People don't even read or watch the analysis before posting it, sometimes their "team" didn't even really "win."

Yea Hix was great contributing to the forums. While the toxic bunch just derail and shitpost. The dark thing was pathetic, i remember seeing it then. I wasn't a member then, so i didn't even know before that he was a df guy.

Yet he got ran off and the guys who did got hardly much of a punishment from my understanding

Mmnow

What bothers me the most is that one or two users in particular seem to have single (or I guess double) handedly run off regular/helpful posters. Hix, Dark10x, for example. Other former 'Top 10" posters who were Xbox friendly, or Xbox neutral and tried to be fair at least have requested perms.

I also can't remember the last time I saw VFXVeteran VFXVeteran post. I hope he is still around. It seemed like he got dogpiled every time he posted towards the end. It's one thing if people are countering his points in regards to tech/performance, but the personal stuff (like "you need mental help, you're sick" and other garbage) is just uncalled for.

If you post anything contrary in The Thread That Will Not Be Named, you get mass reported and kicked out in a heartbeat.

I hate this GIF and the Jurassic Park GIF so much, to the point where I feel like I should beg people not to use them when I post a new analysis thread. So played to death.

People don't even read or watch the analysis before posting it, sometimes their "team" didn't even really "win."
VfxVet was one of the posters that got me to sign up. It was refreshing to see informed takes on things. Him and Thicc_Girls_Are_Teh_Best, and I don't see as many posts from him these days either.

For anyone who wants a visual example of how shit it is to like Xbox on this site right now, go look at the difference between the Battletoads and Destruction AllStars review threads. It's ridiculous.

Mr.ODST

Some of the old XboxGAF members need to be unbanned, Hix etc

Sad that you get away with anything if your a Sony fanboy

I just got accused of misrepresenting NX Gamer's Control analysis and trying to manufacture a win for Series X. I don't even own an Xbox. I plat'd the game on my PS5 last week. I literally provide time stamps and screen grab of details NX noted both pro and anti Xbox version

To be fair, a lot of the worst offenders have been banned several times, some of them permanently.

I'm 100 percent sure that CJY, Vawn, and the NYGamerguy (whatever his tag was, guy with the pic of a massive flexing bicep) all have alts on here though.

Trick question. It's always a win and being a Sony fanboy on Neogaf automatically makes you awesome/cool/funny/clever. You just missed off handsome.

One could argue that those traits are mutually exclusive for anyone that posts a lot on gaf anyway. :messenger_winking_tongue:

@Hix requested a ban. I'm pretty sure he could come back anytime if he wanted to. Thing is nothing has changed, so he would find himself just as frustrated and wanting to leave again.

He should have just given up and ignored most of the misinformation and nonsense in the other threads. 🤷‍♂️ He really kept the Xbox news going.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

Damn you're right. I hope those assholes didn't finally drive VFXVeteran VFXVeteran off too. He has stood up to them for so long, I hope he didn't finally give up. He can try to start an excellent discussion around graphics and VFX without even mentioning their precious, and immediately tons of SonyBros swarm in derailing with nothing but insults, singing odes to the PS5 and report SPAM him if he dares respond to their bait. Then certain Mod(s) reprimand him instead of those dogpiling, insulting and derailing.

The reason he has so much trouble with the SonyBros is because he states facts they refuse to hear. He doesn't have the same issues with Xbox fans or even the most hardcore Xbox fanboys because Xbros are not delusional. XBros KNOW the Series X won't ever beat a top of the line PC, KNOW Series X is not more powerful than an RTX 3080/3090 and KNOW the Series X is not RDNA 3.

Let's keep the Xbox thread about Xbox and not as a safe space for complaining about other members.

If you're bothered by their behavior and think it crosses a line, report them. The complaints that they get away with it or their behavior gets ignored I think misrepresents the difficulty in moderating a forum as large as this. And moderators have their eyes primarily on the Politics forum at this time. Report and move on.

This thread should never be about huddling around a fire to shit on other members. I say that as somebody with a PS5, XSX and is invested in both ecosystems.

I am thinking of picking up that all blue XsX controller for my PC. Looks nice as hell.

This thread should never be about huddling around a fire to shit on other members.

I wish you would tell the Spec Thread this, as it's the standard behavior in there, but I understand where you're coming from.

In fairness, as far as my contributions: there's literally nowhere else to get these kind of things off my chest. Posting these thoughts anywhere else will activate the Mass Report Gang.

Anyway, whatever. I vent sometimes, I'm a flawed person. It is what it is.

You can throw my on ignore of you want, or report me and get me kicked out of the thread. I can't promise it won't happen again. I know the mods work hard and do their best, there is no way they can read every post, but the bottom line is a lot of Sony shit-talkers seem to get away with an awful lot and occasionally I just gotta sound off about it before moving on.

There was a seismic shift on here in early 2020 when that "crew" (and all their obvious alts) took over That Thread and started basically infiltrating the general flow of the gaming forum. It has gotten better recently, as many of them either lost interest, or were banned, but still. I mean, for awhile people were getting insta-bans for saying the number 9.

I think it is pretty telling that you can just look at when an account was made and their post-to-reaction ratio and instantly know what kind of poster they are (if its made in 2020 and has a 4-1 or better ratio, it's a Sony shitposter, every time).

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

I am thinking of picking up that all blue XsX controller for my PC. Looks nice as hell.

I wish you would tell the Spec Thread this, as it's the standard behavior in there, but I understand where you're coming from.

In fairness, as far as my contributions: there's literally nowhere else to get these kind of things off my chest. Posting these thoughts anywhere else will activate the Mass Report Gang.

You can throw my on ignore of you want, or report me and get me kicked out of the thread. I can't promise it won't happen again. I know the mods work hard and do their best, there is no way they can read every post, but the bottom line is a lot of Sony shit-talkers seem to get away with an awful lot and occasionally I just gotta sound off about it before moving on.

There was a seismic shift on here in early 2020 when that "crew" (and all their obvious alts" took over That Thread and started basically infiltrating the general flow of the gaming forum. It has gotten better recently, as many of them either lost interest, or were banned, but still. I mean, for awhile people were getting insta-bans for saying the number 9.
Same, thinking of getting the Blue and Red one ... both look nice

There was a seismic shift on here in early 2020 when that "crew" (and all their obvious alts) took over That Thread and started basically infiltrating the general flow of the gaming forum. It has gotten better recently, as many of them either lost interest, or were banned, but still. I mean, for awhile people were getting insta-bans for saying the number 9.

I think it is pretty telling that you can just look at when an account was made and their post-to-reaction ratio and instantly know what kind of poster they are (if its made in 2020 and has a 4-1 or better ratio, it's a Sony shitposter, every time).
I'm not going to ignore you or report you.

I agree with some of your perception and agree with your view on the Spec Thread. I've contacted moderation to state that I think the thread should be closed (this is after my original idea that it serve as a Gaming Side Meta thread) as I believe its actually made the console warring worse as its given a group of posters a place to sit and talk to themselves and commiserate about the other plastic box. It serves no purpose but to ENCOURAGE a divide between the two groups. Moderation doesn't work for me though and they do what they think is best for the site.

Again, report and move on. Don't turn this thread isn't a place to complain about other users is my thing. I'd say the same about the PS5 thread if it was active. They keep the the Spec thread, as we've already discussed.

If you want to shit talk the Sony group, do it on the discord comrade 😉 😉
jk jk Sonygaf

CatLady

There was a seismic shift on here in early 2020 when that "crew" (and all their obvious alts" took over That Thread and started basically taking over the general discussion of the gaming forum. It has gotten better recently, as many of them either lost interest, or were banned, but still. I mean, people were getting insta-bans for saying the number 9.
Agree ten thousand percent.

Every positive Xbox or Game Pass thread is turned to shit by the fourth or fifth post. Reporting SonyBros bad behavior doesn't seem to do much good most times. I think overall the Mods do an amazing job and I would guess that they get fed up dealing with BS, but some Mods take action others reply with a snarky remark. If I recall the responses/lack of action to some of his reports is one of the reasons @Hix left.

And yeah, sometimes you just gotta vent. SonyBros have the Next Gen Sony Safe Space and Xbros have this thread.

The worst thing to do would be to close the next gen spec thread, its a containment thread for those retards so they dont shit up the rest of the site, i remember when it was closed for a few days and the whole site went to shit lol.

Anyone in a EU timezone that want to play some games sometime? Dont have much time but might want someone to play a bit of Division 2 (just bought it) or PSO2 or even Halo MCC (since i am kinda new to xbox)

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
The worst thing to do would be to close the next gen spec thread, its a containment thread for those retards so they dont shit up the rest of the site, i remember when it was closed for a few days and the whole site went to shit lol.

Anyone in a EU timezone that want to play some games sometime? Dont have much time but might want someone to play a bit of Division 2 (just bought it) or PSO2 or even Halo MCC (since i am kinda new to xbox)
There was a GAF clan in Division 2. Im not sure how active it still is or who the leader of it is now, as I haven’t played in a long time (and never got to that high of a level.) All the patch talk has me considering going back to it and seeing what’s changed though.

Maybe see if you can join it or submit a request to join.

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

Im in EU if you ever want to play

Kagey K Kagey K If your on Series X, I played Div 2 yesterday and look incredible

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
Damn you're right. I hope those assholes didn't finally drive VFXVeteran VFXVeteran off too. He has stood up to them for so long, I hope he didn't finally give up. He can try to start an excellent discussion around graphics and VFX without even mentioning their precious, and immediately tons of SonyBros swarm in derailing with nothing but insults, singing odes to the PS5 and report SPAM him if he dares respond to their bait. Then certain Mod(s) reprimand him instead of those dogpiling, insulting and derailing.

The reason he has so much trouble with the SonyBros is because he states facts they refuse to hear. He doesn't have the same issues with Xbox fans or even the most hardcore Xbox fanboys because Xbros are not delusional. XBros KNOW the Series X won't ever beat a top of the line PC, KNOW Series X is not more powerful than an RTX 3080/3090 and KNOW the Series X is not RDNA 3.

Hi CatLady CatLady and Xbox fans

I have been banned 3x on this site. Three times is my magic number that I don't need to participate in posting anymore. Just like the other devs, I feel it will do more harm than good to the many people here as these boards have way too many people that are fans of the other console with their aggressive behavior and the bullying goes unchecked. I'm also not particularly on the mods' good side and that leads to more bans. Eventually it would lead to a permanent ban from the site, so I have pulled away willingly on my own terms.

I may post every now and then..

Mr.ODST

I have been banned 3x on this site. Three times is my magic number that I don't need to participate in posting anymore. Just like the other devs, I feel it will do more harm than good to the many people here as these boards have way too many people that are fans of the other console with their aggressive behavior and the bullying goes unchecked. I'm also not particularly on the mods' good side and that leads to more bans. Eventually it would lead to a permanent ban from the site, so I have pulled away willingly on my own terms.

Good to see you here again, I think in total the XboxGAF is a great community between us all and we always try and be positive in here and support each other which is great.

CatLady

Good to see you, glad you didn't totally leave. Feel free to post in here if you want to discuss anything Xbox or even PC since it's considered part of the Xbox ecosystem now.

Since this is the Xbox OT the SonyBros aren't allowed to troll, trash it or insult anyone they disagree with in here. There are several Sony fans that own both consoles, but they are just that, fans not fanatics. They make great contributions to this thread and have very little in common with the SonyBros other than enjoying the console SonyBros worship.

There are also a lot of PC only or PC mainly in here too, As long as you PCMRs don't call us console peasants you're all welcome here. We just need some Nintendo fans to join in and we'll have all platforms covered. :messenger_beaming:

So don't be a stranger

Last edited:

IDappa

The rampant dogpiling on neogaf definitely hurts new user participation in threads, I post irregularly as I cannot be bothered to deal with stupid shit, however saying that most of my replies are to point out how stupid some posts are.

I tend to think that I am fairly neutral platform wise as I have owned every Microsoft and playstation (except the PS2) I do wish people would clean up their hard fanboyism towards any one platform and make this a easier community to get into, but that's the nature of the beast I suppose. In saying that I do not think people cannot have a preference towards one or another and I myself have pointed out I primarily game on my Xbox and PC but again there's a way to carry yourself and have decent conversation with one another that makes the forum look more inviting for new and easier for current users.

Kagey K

Banned
Im in EU if you ever want to play

Kagey K Kagey K If your on Series X, I played Div 2 yesterday and look incredible
Yeah I’m on series X. When I first started playing I thought something looked off and so I went and messed with my settings and somehow natural lighting was turned off. Once I turned that on the game started impressing.

I forget where I was or what I was doing so I’m just messing with side missions and just got to lvl 20.

kyliethicc

Joe Biden Reaction GIF

People have started putting all there exclusive hopes inside the Vault. What would happen when the Vault is dismantled after doing its job?

The whole thing seems like some bizarre mechanical element of the "merger", is this even a real entity (with an office, employees, etc.) or just some kind of shell?

Edit: Should have waited another minute, thanks for the informative video @ Bernkastel Bernkastel

Last edited:

Loope

Shit man, i remember you from when i only lurked Neogaf, you always seem to know your tech. I had no idea you were a dev.

Mmnow

Is anyone with a Series X using it as a bluray player?

And if yes, any stuttering or other performance issues so far?
My Xbox can't play Dvds without the sync getting way off, but everything else is fine.

My PS5 can't play blu-ray or 4k with sound, but is a boss for dvds.

It's nice these fierce console rivals have teamed up to give me the most convenient inconvenience possible.

Karmic Raze

Anyone know the best place to look for a Series X? I don’t want to pay scalper prices, but I haven’t kept up with stock supplies and stuff. Any help would be much appreciated!

Top Bottom