• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Why do so many people pick on the NintendBros? They keep pretty much to themselves discussing Nintendo, they don't fight harass or insult people that prefer other platforms and don't console war - other than posting Switch's spectacular sales numbers which SonyBros consider console-warring.
Look. I'm allowed to be mad because no one wants to buy my turnips on Animal Crossing. I'm directing all this anger at Nintendo and anything associated with them hahaha.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Have had 3 series x o/s updates in 3 days. Unless of course it’s like windows and the updates didn’t work properly first two times.

pasterpl

Have had 3 series x o/s updates in 3 days. Unless of course it’s like windows and the updates didn’t work properly first two times.
Interesting, I have not noticed any updates on xbsex, on the other hand my Xbox one x, updates almost every single time I launch it

Flintty

Hi CatLady CatLady and Xbox fans

I have been banned 3x on this site. Three times is my magic number that I don't need to participate in posting anymore. Just like the other devs, I feel it will do more harm than good to the many people here as these boards have way too many people that are fans of the other console with their aggressive behavior and the bullying goes unchecked. I'm also not particularly on the mods' good side and that leads to more bans. Eventually it would lead to a permanent ban from the site, so I have pulled away willingly on my own terms.

I may post every now and then..
Your posts are always appreciated by many of us. I’d say don’t let the wankers win but I’d be a hypocrite - my posting here has dropped off a cliff because it’s a miserable place most of the time. I still check in on this thread a lot though.

Don’t be a stranger.

Dane

Why do so many people pick on the NintendBros? They keep pretty much to themselves discussing Nintendo, they don't fight harass or insult people that prefer other platforms and don't console war - other than posting Switch's spectacular sales numbers which SonyBros consider console-warring.

NintendoBros and even PCBros doesn't even bother other people, no wonder why they were rooting for the XSX, they're cool.

Miiverse on wii u was great. I was hesitant to use it as I thought it would be full of kids however I spoke to some great adults on there who go far back to the NES/Gameboy/SNES days like me.

Jebron

While I'm not really surprised that a lot of third party multi-platform games are performing better on the Series X, I am surprised how much better games are looking/performing on Series X. Two games over the past week that I've really noticed this on is Apex Legends and The Division 2. The Digital Foundry piece on the TD2 comparison was great, but Apex Legends looks SIGNIFICANTLY better and seems smoother on Series X, to the point that it's kind of embarrassing.

While I'm not really surprised that a lot of third party multi-platform games are performing better on the Series X, I am surprised how much better games are looking/performing on Series X. Two games over the past week that I've really noticed this on is Apex Legends and The Division 2. The Digital Foundry piece on the TD2 comparison was great, but Apex Legends looks SIGNIFICANTLY better and seems smoother on Series X, to the point that it's kind of embarrassing.
Xbox has a definite edge in regards to the back compat titles without question, PS5 is hamstrung by the PS4 Pro a lot more.

Mmnow

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I know this doesn't really pertain to Xbox, but wtf happened yesterday? A shit ton of long time members closed their accounts and EL closed the Ban Review/Justice thread.

Sad to see so many people banned or quitting.

Mr.ODST

What do you wish Xbox would change to make it better?

- Make some sort of “platinum” achievement or something to make it more rewarding for getting a 1000G

- Integrated streaming option to quick stream games

nikolino840

- Make some sort of “platinum” achievement or something to make it more rewarding for getting a 1000G

Platinum i don't care,but i don't like the actual form of the achievements...was better in the 360 with the icons

Yeah,there was the quick stream with mixer..but now.....

.* DLC achievements separated
*A 1000g category or platinum type like you said
*Better choice of themes and the choice to customise the in game UI (Xbox button press UI) to different colours & patterns
* A career page which can be made private which details most games played, rarest achievement etc similar to true achievements.com
* A likes to play option which is on clubs home pages that shows what games you like playing/favourite games
* A much better version of upload studio

Last edited:
ukWN6at.jpg

How would I use it? Just keep checking the page constantly for restocks? And if I have a 4K TV, would an Xbox Series S be a bad idea? I know there’s 4K upscaling, but I don’t know if it’d look like shit or not.

On a big TV, I'd go with the XSX. I feel like XSS is best for smaller monitors, perfect for users that play on a 24-27" desktop display.

pasterpl

How would I use it? Just keep checking the page constantly for restocks? And if I have a 4K TV, would an Xbox Series S be a bad idea? I know there’s 4K upscaling, but I don’t know if it’d look like shit or not.

i would just go daily o this page to see if anything changes, also you can setup google news alert with Xbox series + stock keywords, for 4K tv go with xbseries x

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.

Delete achievements for games I only have one or two in or where I’ve unlocked one for pressing start only to find out it’s not the kind of thing I want to play and delete it anyway.

That’s probably more my OCD though. Probably doesn’t bother anyone else.

Last edited:
Top Bottom