• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Forsythia

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
The Zenimax purchase may solve Xbox's first party localization issues. Bethesda's Europe, Nordic, Japan and Middle East regional offices help in localizing all Zenimax games in those regions(fully voiced, not just subtitles). They will now become Xbox regional teams for all first party Xbox games.
A lot easier to expand with additional staff to cover increased demand than setting up a new localisation studio, especially if management is competent there it is a much better option.

There are several exciting bits and pieces about the Bethesda acquisition even thinking about a traditional next generation HW where people like the tech geniuses at Id and other additional studios can collaborate to the console R&D as a first party (the most secret internal strategic direction for the console phase). The more highly competent first party studios available the better the console if they are listened to.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Considering the GPU (RTX3090) is the most expensive top of the line monster you can find and the CPU is also Intel’s top of the line and their performance ceiling is so much more than what the XSX can deliver... the recommendations of a Frame rate cap of 30 FPS and XSX level RT effects must make PC players a bit sad and give XSX players a reason to smile about :).

Edit: T-Cake T-Cake not sure what is the laughing matter there :). It was the same team with the same expertise and the same resources that made the game on PC and XSX... I do think that a game that gets that Intel + RTX3090 combo (which is much much more expensive than an XSX) performing essentially at XSX levels to get smooth framerate (hence DF’s recommended settings) is a victory for XSX and its design.

Last edited:

T-Cake

the recommendations of a Frame rate cap of 30 FPS and XSX level RT effects must make PC players a bit sad and give XSX players a reason to smile about :).

And XSS players even more so. I still think it looks amazing and plays well on my Series S. I only know about missing RT effects because Digital Foundry has to point them out to me. This is a great example of why PC owners should buy a Series S as well for games like this that are resource hogs on Windows.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
And XSS players even more so. I still think it looks amazing and plays well on my Series S. I only know about missing RT effects because Digital Foundry has to point them out to me. This is a great example of why PC owners should buy a Series S as well for games like this that are resource hogs on Windows.
RT effects are a thing you would notice more once you actually play the game with them on and you spot the interactive effect they provide. If I could only afford the XSS, I would save for the XSX unless it would take me years to do so.

For me they do make a difference if well integrated like the Medium does. I played Spider-man on the PS4 Pro happily, but I would not give up the RT effects in the PS5 edition not even for the 60 FPS mode... odd I know (especially with the 60 FPS RT mode, but it cuts image quality a bit too much, cuts the quality of the RT effect, and makes the open world less rich too).

Last edited:
Seem to be having some issues with my Series X controller. Some drift going on, and one of the buttons (not sure what they are called now, the menu button maybe?) isn’t working some of the times I press it. Annoyingly, it’s the map button for Immortals.

Not upset, had at least a dozen different Xbox controllers over the years and never had a single issue, so shit happens... my question is about the design lab - anyone know when/if that’s coming back? I’d like to design my own rather than buy off the shelf. First world problems I know lol.

Greeno

The Zenimax purchase may solve Xbox's first party localization issues. Bethesda's Europe, Nordic, Japan and Middle East regional offices help in localizing all Zenimax games in those regions(fully voiced, not just subtitles). They will now become Xbox regional teams for all first party Xbox games.
Bethesda's Middle Eastern offices don't seem to even develop Arabic subtitles. Seems just for marketing.

Luipadre

Why is the download speed so trash? I have a gigabit internet and my dl speed right now is like 1 and 5 mb/s... Using instant on somewhat fixes it but why the dl is so slow while the console is on? And no, im not running any game

Roberts

Why is the download speed so trash? I have a gigabit internet and my dl speed right now is like 1 and 5 mb/s... Using instant on somewhat fixes it but why the dl is so slow while the console is on? And no, im not running any game
It really varies for me, depending on the time of the day, but I don't think it ever was so slow and my xbox is on wi-fi in a country that doesn't have MS support.

Gatox

Banned
Mine was slow so I restarted it and it made a huge difference. Not had a problem since then.
Try pausing and resuming a download, or change the DNS setting too.

Last edited:

pasterpl

mine can go from 500mbs to 20-30mbs if I launch a game, after I finished playing the speed remains low, sometimes I simply pause all downloads and then Rex enable these to get back to the full speed. My averages are around 200-300mbs most of the time. I am in the uk on 5G connection.

Andodalf

Banned
Kinda random, but I found a way to force 120 fps and RT in Cod Cold War.

LXU4d4W.jpg

Performance is typically in the 80-100 (using my TVs ability to display its FPS in VRR) zone, but goes higher in some areas, and drops to the 60s and 70s with a lot of zombies on screen in that mode. It also looks to be quite low res, but I don’t feel like pixel counting

Andodalf

Banned
Here a guide on how to enable RT and 120 FPS in Cod Cold War

Set console to 120 FPS mode

Uncheck “Allow 4k” (This may just be due to me having a Tv that can only do 1440 p 120, as It’s the only way I can get the game to ever use the 120 FPS mode)

Open COD Cold War

Let it idle (Not when the screen dims and it shows you achievements, but a second, further idle where the pixel refresher bars move across the screen)

Hit the Guide button

Close the game from the guide, and then open the game immediately from the guide

Go to settings, It should show RT and 120 FPS both disabled

Enable RT

Hit the Guide Button

It should now be in 120 FPS RT mode, to check just back out of the menu and go back in

Witchilich

Bethesda's Middle Eastern offices don't seem to even develop Arabic subtitles. Seems just for marketing.
Thought all those offices put the same effort into localization. They still have much better regional localization team than Xbox Game Studios.

Jemm

Microsoft has started testing its xCloud game streaming through a web browser. Sources familiar with Microsoft’s Xbox plans tell The Verge that employees are now testing a web version of xCloud ahead of a public preview. The service allows Xbox players to access their games through a browser, and opens up xCloud to work on devices like iPhones and iPads.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I wanted to share some screenshots of The Darkness (2007) but share button doesn't seem to work on bc titles? Is that a thing?

Anyway its like 4$ cad dollars on sale for the weekend and is the best version of this game to date. In the spirit for Valentine's:

the-darkness-20060815043014121.jpg
Wait The Darkness 1 is BC on Xbox? I though only second one is.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I wanted to share some screenshots of The Darkness (2007) but share button doesn't seem to work on bc titles? Is that a thing?

Anyway its like 4$ cad dollars on sale for the weekend and is the best version of this game to date. In the spirit for Valentine's:

the-darkness-20060815043014121.jpg

Yeah, PS3 version had some cuts, it was playable and still looked nice enough, but Xbox 360 was the better looking one... this is that version, with better texture filtering, and shorter loading times. Definitively a kick ass game. Good catch (I paid a bit more than that but there was an almost similar sale near XSX launch).

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ
Top Bottom