• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

So, tomorrow's Wednesday and we all know how that joke goes, but this time it really seems like we are going to get some big news tomorrow. Personally, I'm hoping for more news and insight into auto-60fps thing.
Strangely enough, if they announce auto-60fps on BC titles, I might go out and buy a Series X now instead of waiting until Halo Infinite comes out. Also provided that the Stock Gods smile down upon me.

I would absolutely love to play Bioshock Infinite with a steady or improved framerate.

Last edited:

Mmnow

I'm gonna go ahead and temper my expectations and say tomorrow is the launch of xcloud on Apple. The Gamepass announce labels now fully say cloud in the header and article, and it's big enough for insiders and early testers to get excited.

While at the same time being utterly useless to many of us, so that the result is a kind of Neogaf anti-hype.

Ya know, either that or they're buying SEGA. I don't know.

Gatox

Banned
Strangely enough, if they announce auto-60fps on BC titles, I might go out and buy a Series X now instead of waiting until Halo Infinite comes out. Also provided that the Stock Gods smile down upon me.

I would absolutely love to play Bioshock Infinite with a steady or improved framerate.
Is that a rumour, the auto 60fps thing? Combined with auto HDR that would be a hell of a thing to have.

Alright so if my account doesn’t have an active Game Pass subscription, because I have multiple accounts on my console and one account already has it, does that mean I won’t be able to do cloud streaming on mobile?

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
The 9x is an amazing headset, probably quite a bit better than this new Xbox one. Don't feel bad about purchasing the 9x.
Don't get me wrong I love my 9x's

The xbox headset seems like a cheaper version of the 9x's and they have an app on the console, I hate having to update my headset and if I want to adjust EQ I have to plug it into my laptop.

Rossco EZ

Don't get me wrong I love my 9x's

The xbox headset seems like a cheaper version of the 9x's and they have an app on the console, I hate having to update my headset and if I want to adjust EQ I have to plug it into my laptop.
how do you even update 9x? i didn’t think it even needed any

Night.Ninja

Banned
how do you even update 9x? i didn’t think it even needed any
You have to download the app on your PC or laptop plug in headset and update it, the recent updates solved the connections issues. I was lucky I bought the headset as they released the update so I've never had any connection issues.

Umbasaborne

Banned
So, when i look at my full library of games, its now seperated into four areas. Series x games, xbox one x ehanced games, xbox one games, and xbox 360 games.

many games that were xbox one x enhanced, like crash 4, and resident evil 3 are not showing up under the xbox one x enhanced area, rather, they are showing up in the normal xbox one area. I thought nothing of it...until i played re3, and it looks much blurrier imo than the last time i played it. Did a bunch of games lose their xbox one x enhancements?

edit: under the games file info, it no longer says X1XE, so yeah, fuck it looks like a bunch of games just got downgraded

Last edited:
So, when i look at my full library of games, its now seperated into four areas. Series x games, xbox one x ehanced games, xbox one games, and xbox 360 games.

many games that were xbox one x enhanced, like crash 4, and resident evil 3 are not showing up under the xbox one x enhanced area, rather, they are showing up in the normal xbox one area. I thought nothing of it...until i played re3, and it looks much blurrier imo than the last time i played it. Did a bunch of games lose their xbox one x enhancements?

edit: under the games file info, it no longer says X1XE, so yeah, fuck it looks like a bunch of games just got downgraded

It is really hard for me to think this is intentional. Must be a bug of some sort.

Gerdav

This view has been a option since September/October last year before the series consoles even released, I am guessing you have either changed the group by filter at the top without realising it or the last system update has made it the default view for those that did not have it already, the issue, if it is actually one with some games being categorised in normal Xbox One that were previously thought to be enhanced has been present this whole time.

And just to add if you did change it I noticed you say full library you can also have this view in your installed section if you so wish, you just have to change the group by filter again separately.

Jemm

When is this xbox event?
This?

Date: February 23, 2021 - February 24, 2021

Engage, Learn and Share at the Microsoft AI and Gaming Research Summit 2021

This virtual research summit brings together researchers and innovators from academia, creators from the gaming industry, Microsoft Research (MSR), and Gaming teams at Microsoft, to share ideas and discuss how AI and machine learning is transforming the landscape of gaming. The event is focused around four themes.

• AI Agents for gameplay and game testing
  • Responsible Gaming, including ethics, safety, and inclusivity
  • Computational creativity and content generation
  • Understanding Players, player engagement and analytics
This exciting new Microsoft Research event aims to facilitate open discussion and critical dialogue by bringing together academia and industry to better understand each other’s perspectives at the intersection of AI and gaming research.

Elias

You'll be able to toggle auto hdr per title in an upcoming update, too.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

Last edited:
This honestly is just great for console gaming. I hope this becomes standard moving forward. I am really impressed.

dj khaled GIF

Last edited:
I sure hope this works on more games than it doesn’t.

RDR2 at 60fps is perhaps my ultimate dream...but in Colt’s interview a great point was made that for big titles, game makers may want to do their own remakes which might mean that this technique might be more common on...uh...more obscure titles. This first list of 5 games was certainly an eclectic group of games. But it’s solid start.

Xbox is just becoming a ridiculously good value proposition in the gaming sphere. It’s weird....I find myself less and less sure I will pick up a PS5 at some point.

Top Bottom