• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Mmnow

The potential here is off the charts.

I'd have liked more information about timescales and amount of games this may apply to. Presumably there's a layer of technical challenge - will this technique break things in a game? - as well as "licensing" issues. I use inverted quotes, because I don't think they'd necessarily be doing anything legally or ethically wrong by applying this to every game that it works on, but your Rockstars of the world might have something to say about it. Internally that's a nightmare, although remember when you're buying RDR2 again for 60fps that it might have been possible with just a push of a button.

It'd be nice to think this could apply to as many games as auto-hdr - give or take titles from a few less agreeable publishers. it'd also be nice to think we're getting a batch twice a month or even once a week, although I know that's probably far too optimistic.

This feature can only come into its own if it's widely supported. I'm excited, but cautiously so until we get more information about what happens next. If we're waiting until the summer for more information, consider it underwhelming.

It'd about time, the crashes on this game are way too frequent only positive is that is quick to get back in

have they mentioned anything about the micro-stutters (like when you enter a new area and the location name flashes on the screen)? Seems like something they could tune up with some quick optimizations.

FPS Boost should be making more waves than it is right now. Kinda surprised, honestly.

Maybe when they expand the catalog of compatible games. I don't even own an Xbox but I am super excited to see this grow.

FPS Boost should be making more waves than it is right now. Kinda surprised, honestly.

Maybe when they expand the catalog of compatible games. I don't even own an Xbox but I am super excited to see this grow.

I think the gaming crowd realizes the potential of this. But yeah, so much depends on how extensive the list of 60fps enhanced games becomes. A few big titles will help with the buzz quite a bit. Or perhaps it won’t make the impact that MS hopes for and they sort of let the program fizzle out.

At any rate, what is clear is that Xbox seems set to make this generation quite a bit different than the previous One. See what I did there. :messenger_winking:

An admission from me...I was so busy with the final years of my career during the Xbox One generation that I didn’t fully realize how thoroughly the PS4 kicked Xbox’s butt until I retired and hung around gaming forums a lot more. And because I was so career focused I didn’t play a ton of games durning the Xbox One timeline...and as a result my back log is IMMENSE. And it is so bloody great that I can now play this backlog on the best console, BY FAR, in terms of Back Compatibility. So, this 60fps Boost thing is right up my alley. And I’m not as bummed by the new game drought as some might be.

I’ve never gamed as much as I am right now and I’ve never enjoyed a console experience like I have with the Series X. And the tentpole games haven’t even arrived yet. Flight Sim will mark the first of these titles for me.

Gotta say, this thread is a great space in which hang out with other positive, OPTIMISTIC Xbox fans.

Greggy

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

Thanks, just saw this. Can I repeat the process to get several batches of 70 days or is it valid only once?
yeah i believe you can i think it’s just eneba only allows 10 at checkout but once you do those 10 i don’t see why another 10 couldn’t be purchased and redeemed :)

70 days of GPU for new/existing subs for £6.73 (stack 10* 7 day gpu codes) at eneba using code “HOTUKDEALS” keys are global as well so should work for anyone.

you can stack codes so seems like a good deal (y)

Were you able to redeem those? Most of the time the passes that are less than 30 days are for new GP accounts only (requiring the user to let their existing sub expire).

Rossco EZ

Were you able to redeem those? Most of the time the passes that are less than 30 days are for new GP accounts only (requiring the user to let their existing sub expire).
yeah redeemed all 10, apparently if you try to buy another 10 it doesn’t let you using the same email address on eneba but you can use a different email at checkout.

Elias

I get the appeal of Fall Guy, I really do. But I sure am glad it's coming to Xbox so because can stop constantly whining about it not being on Xbox.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

will smith GIF

ManaByte

Gold Member
What a waste of space that guy. He took minutes away from a legitimate Series X expert engineer who was probably busy just in order to push propaganda theories about RDNA1, all while admitting that there was no basis for his claims.

I've heard that the MS dude completely evaded the questions brought by the genius there with copout responses like "you're wrong" and "XSX GPUs are 100% RDNA2".

Maybe someone should make a thread since a MS engineer CONFIRMED it was 100% RDNA2...

Roberts

I have a question regarding 120 fps: Do you guys see a huge difference between 60 and 120? I mean, it probably varies from person to person, but still curious.

I have a C7 so it only supports 120hz in 1080p so I never bothered to try it out since getting XSX, but I tested it yesterday with Falconeer and New Super Lucky's Tale and while I see a difference, it is nowhere near as noticeable as the one from 30 to 60. Not even sure if I should feel sad or happy about it.

I have a question regarding 120 fps: Do you guys see a huge difference between 60 and 120? I mean, it probably varies from person to person, but still curious.

I have a C7 so it only supports 120hz in 1080p so I never bothered to try it out since getting XSX, but I tested it yesterday with Falconeer and New Super Lucky's Tale and while I see a difference, it is nowhere near as noticeable as the one from 30 to 60. Not even sure if I should feel sad or happy about it.

I would agree that the jump from 60 to 120 is not as noticeable as going from 30 to 60. But I have to say there is just a feeling that 120fps gives you - many use the term “buttery” - that is unique. I prefer to play Sea of Thieves in 4K 60 so that I can have max resolutions in order to spot small details on the horizon...but I will sometimes just switch over to 120fps (1080p I think) to be mesmerized by the ocean waves. I play on an LG CX...highly recommended folks and prices are coming down on them.

Been having fun with New Super Lucky’s tale in 120fps off of Game Pass...are all of the FPS Boost games on Game Pass? I guess I could just go look myself...

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I would agree that the jump from 60 to 120 is not as noticeable as going from 30 to 60. But I have to say there is just a feeling that 120fps gives you - many use the term “buttery” - that is unique. I prefer to play Sea of Thieves in 4K 60 so that I can have max resolutions in order to spot small details on the horizon...but I will sometimes just switch over to 120fps (1080p I think) to be mesmerized by the ocean waves. I play on an LG CX...highly recommended folks and prices are coming down on them.

Been having fun with New Super Lucky’s tale in 120fps off of Game Pass...are all of the FPS Boost games on Game Pass? I guess I could just go look myself...
Watch Dogs 2, and Far Cry 4 aren't. UFC 4 has a trial via EA Play/GP Ultimate. New Super Lucky's Tales and Sniper Elite 4 are though.

Nope, Only Sniper Elite 4 and Lucky.
Yup, just saw that. Literally took 2 seconds to boot up the Series X and start scanning Game Pass. I guess I could actually dig into my wallet and pay for a game outside of Game Pass. It’s been a while. Seeing Watch Dogs 2 in the digital store for $70 Cdn. Nah. $25 for Far Cry 4...maybe. Never played a Far Cry game and they are part of my backlog. From afar they seem like some fun chaos and carnage and seem to get solid reviews.

I’ll give Sniper Elite a look today I think.

Andodalf

Banned
Yup, just saw that. Literally took 2 seconds to boot up the Series X and start scanning Game Pass. I guess I could actually dig into my wallet and pay for a game outside of Game Pass. It’s been a while. Seeing Watch Dogs 2 in the digital store for $70 Cdn. Nah. $25 for Far Cry 4...maybe. Never played a Far Cry game and they are part of my backlog. From afar they seem like some fun chaos and carnage and seem to get solid reviews.

I’ll give Sniper Elite a look today I think.

WD2 is on sale pretty much every time there's i think you can usually grab the version with the dlc for 25$

So let me get this straight. Some guy from *checks notes* a gaming forum thinks he can tell an actual Xbox engineer what the Series X is or isn't? We've reached a new low.

Took a month long break from Immortals: Fenyx Rising and I swear it looks sharper now in performance mode.

In the DF Fenyx Rising analysis thread, I wrote a little summary of what DF found and after the latest patch the XsX is averaging 1620p in Performance Mode, where at launch it could dip as low as 1080p range. So yeah, it is much sharper now.

I would link to that thread, but a zealot warrior took it over and it became a shit show.

Last edited:
Top Bottom