• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

splattered

Anyone gonna post the latest vid from reviewtechusa on YouTube? Claims he has a verified Microsoft employee insider that shot him a bunch of news about Halo Infinite and a bunch of the Xbox dev kits including some we don't know anything about. I'm not sure how reliable this guy is but Sony fans on this board always scramble to link his videos when he says something positive about playstation haha

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Anyone gonna post the latest vid from reviewtechusa on YouTube? Claims he has a verified Microsoft employee insider that shot him a bunch of news about Halo Infinite and a bunch of the Xbox dev kits including some we don't know anything about. I'm not sure how reliable this guy is but Sony fans on this board always scramble to link his videos when he says something positive about playstation haha
You can post that. I didnt because I have posted from more credible sources that Halo Infinite gameplay was from a older build.

Bernkastel

Info on Avowed

As I previously mentioned before the announcement, Obsidian is working on Pillars (I assumed this regarding the info) game as back then I did get confirmation that game contains “spore-like” creatures with few other vague descriptions of The Living Lands.

So, I did get new informations about Avowed:

- fully open world, much much larger than Skyrim (very differently “larger”, more proper word would be “denser” and “more contrasted” at the same time)
- primarily set in the The Living Lands region of Eora (not sure if it’ll go like that as explicit later on, but that was starting point)
- big focus on world-reactivity, lighting and next-gen AI systems and physics (special focus on physics with magic systems - have no clue what would that mean)
- realtime whether system (don’t have full details but fog is very important as realtime element, rivers will have specific micro physics systems regarding this)
- very advanced character creation tool (didn’t get more info)
- mod support (for now PC is/will be very dominant as creation tool, but I’ll be playable fully on Xbox)
- very large number of fractions but very different approach than with Skyrim
- you’ll be able to have companions (different than Outer Worlds)
- storyset: fight against incoming threat of tyranny (independent from previous stories)
- game has bosses planned and some of them are very very large
- Gods will have special say in the game
- great focus on iconic landmarks, statues and buildings
- two large cities planned with many smaller ones with strong focus on contrasting wild-areas, rivers, mountains and desolated areas (yes, you’ll be able to swim)
- fully respecting POE creatures lore with new additions
- dynamic presentation of dialogue
- for now idea is to keep “you can kill everyone in the game” option
- around 100 people are on the project for 2y (smaller number for 7m of preproduction), in total 2y 7m
- full production is already a thing
- team will still grow
- target date: late 2022/early 2023

Keep in mind that some parts of this can change during the development process.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I wonder if MS will ever allow one of their other big studios like The Initiative or The Coalition to try their hand at Halo. 343i is 0 for 2 (although I did still enjoy Halo 4 and 5 even if they didn't quite reach the highs of the Bungie games) and their third attempt is getting shit on left and right because of it's poor visual presentation. So I feel like another studio putting their spin on Halo wouldn't necessarily be the worst idea in the world.

TBiddy

I get some of what is being said here, but the lighting for the section they showed was entirely under MS control. So if the time of day was such a big factor then why didn't they pick a better one?

I assume/hope Phil Spencer is asking 343i that very question.

T-Cake

I might just melt if the Xbox Series S does turn out to be like this mockup.

u3Crf3U.jpg

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
If it really does look like that, I'll need to consider moving my GoW X1X somewhere else. It was an amazing deal, but it's not exactly pleasing the missus with its looks..
Might have been OK with out the skull on top of the console :pie_grinning_sweat:

TBiddy

Some interesting tidbits from Klobrille @ Resetera. I think it was a perfect time to rewrite the foundation of Forza. Should really improve the lightning aspect of FM. I'm really looking forward to see the first gameplay from FH and FM on the new engine.

EeBGR6wUYAEIQfv

Bernkastel

Some interesting tidbits from Klobrille @ Resetera. I think it was a perfect time to rewrite the foundation of Forza. Should really improve the lightning aspect of FM. I'm really looking forward to see the first gameplay from FH and FM on the new engine.

EeBGR6wUYAEIQfv

At 54:40
We experienced our new tyre model, our new tyre pressure model. We have a new way that heat interacts with tyre pressure, we actually have dynamic track temperatures affecting this all. We have dynamic rubbering in on the track. We actually have a new atmospheric pressure system that accurately has pressure affecting things like air density, affecting aerodynamics and power, as well as the tyre pressure. We have an entire new suspension system with new suspension modelling.
They had the first studio wide playtest on 6 December, 2019 and there are 15 other things that are 'under the hood'.

ZywyPL

Banned
The question is WHEN? The game has moved away from the usual 2-year development cycle, everyone thought it'll be a launch title for XBX, and they just openly admitted the game is just in an early development stage, that was the biggest buzzkill for me as far as next-gen goes... So when can we realistically expect the game if not this holiday season? Second half of 2021? :(

DrDamn

The question is WHEN? The game has moved away from the usual 2-year development cycle, everyone thought it'll be a launch title for XBX, and they just openly admitted the game is just in an early development stage, that was the biggest buzzkill for me as far as next-gen goes... So when can we realistically expect the game if not this holiday season? Second half of 2021? :(

They only listed XSX not X1, so 2022+ ☹️

splattered

Whether 2021 or 2022 i feel like that's fine if the game is basically being reinvented from the ground up with all new tech.

We had a Forza/Horizon like every year this gen, i can take a break from that and play other stuff till this is good and ready.

JLMC469

Banned
How many games did MS reveal between the 2 events (and the pre-show)? 40-50?

Seems like we aren’t talking enough about it.

Shaqazooloo

Nice OT!

Haven't owned an Xbox myself but I have played a few of Microsofts IPs with friends and I've always had a good time with them. I thought Halo Infinite looked fun so I might pick up an Xbox if the Series S is cheap enough.

Speaking of, any rumors on the price of the Series S?

Top Bottom