• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

iconmaster

Banned
Uh...where are the flops guys?

zEABey9.jpg

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Wont judge until I watch it in proper 4K.

But lets just say this is why generational exclusives matter, and Lockhart is a fucking AWFUL idea.

Gp1

Actual gameplay of something coming out this year! Impressive, but try to keep calm. I’m sure other platform holders will be able to do the same someday

I'm playing on pc hold my beer plz lol.

edit: but that stalker 2 got me erected

Last edited:
I thought the show was a bit underwhelming, I was expecting more gameplay. That being said it's not all doom and gloom like some people in the forum are saying.

MS showed a lot of new games, most of them console exclusives. If Halo Infinite, Forza 8, Fable, Avowed, The Medium, Hellblade 2 and Stalker 2 all end up being great games... Then in a couple of years we will be able to look back on this show and judge it differently. That's just my 2 cents.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Updated
First Party Studios and Projects

343 Industries

• Halo Infinite | Releases Holiday 2020 | Thread ➤ 60 fps | HDR | Ray Tracing | Smart Delivery
The Coalition

Turn 10

Playground Games

Rare

Obsidian

InXile
  • Unannounced Unreal Engine 5 RPG project | Thread

Ninja Theory

Compulsion Games

Undead Labs

The Initiative
  • Unannounced Project | Thread

Double Fine
Mojang Studios
Worlds Edge

Other second and third party projects

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

Lethal01

Everwild is the only thing I'm still really interested in, I really wish they had showed more than a cinematic. I was hoping for something creepier from medium, hoping it was just a bad demonstration.

I was genuinely thinking we would see some impressive next gen graphics today.

Last edited:
I probably should've watched the official stream because Geoff's had a lot of lag during parts that threw me off.

Overall I think it was okay. Stuff like Everwild and Avowed have a lot of promise, but we didn't get to see any gameplay. In fact that's my biggest problem: no gameplay for 1st-party stuff outside of Halo Infinite, which was kind of rough visually. I liked the snippets of gameplay from 3rd-party though, particularly that new Remedy game. And The Gunk looks interesting, I guess it's MS's version on Kena at Sony's event (never mind both games are coming to PC and probably the opposite console too lol).

I really wished we got more actual gameplay of 1st-party stuff outside of Halo Infinite, that's one area I think Sony's show was better in since we got some gameplay footage of multiple 1st party games in there. Overall though considering MS's show was technically split between this and the May event, IF they combined them as a single show it'd of been amazing because the May show also gave us:

-The Medium
-Scorn
-The Ascent
-Bright Memory Infinite (which is the best-looking next-gen gameplay in terms of visuals, on either system).

I hope MS has more hard-hitters like BMI and The Medium in terms of actual gameplay to show in the near future, particularly with 1st-party games. Might give the edge to the May event overall but honestly that, the PS5 event and this one are very close to each other and it's hard to say any blew the other out of the water.

JLMC469

Banned
The 4k footage of Infinite looks noticeable better. Still looks cross gen, but better.

I really dig the gunplay. Looks fun as heck.

Top Bottom