• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

TBiddy

Mr.ODST

Sony fanboys can do whatever they want but if you post anything that even Implies XBox is almost kinda as good as PS You get a warning.

I've also had this, its like on here and era you cant like Xbox, if you do they dont want you anywhere near anything or to even talk about it

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So looking at PS5 reviews, it seems really the only thing XBX lacks is the exclusive next-gen games this time. Really sad.
I think both consoles are going to blow this current one out of the water by the time the dust settles, but MS really dropped the ball at the start when it comes to its launch line up.

I think this gen is going to be the one where they can finally gain some consumer trust back when it comes to their first party output.

Watch Tom Warren getting accused of shilling and damage control very soon.

Without bringing the PS5 into the thread, per se, I'm really impressed by what they've done. Glad it's not only Microsoft who has been focusing on keeping the games alive, so to say.

Yep this.

Velocity Architecture really is technobabble, but you can see the results of the time, effort and love MS put into their game library, and next gen, for yourself.

TBiddy

Yep this.

Velocity Architecture really is technobabble, but you can see the results of the time, effort and love MS put into their game library, and next gen, for yourself.

Yeah, VA is just marketing speak. But then again - so was the Road to PS5 video. Cerny dropping names like "Cache Scrubbers", "Geometry Engine" and "Priority Levels" made the fans run wild, even though they have absolutely no idea what it really means.

I'm looking forward to the real comparisons over the next few weeks. But no matter what happens, we all win.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I think both consoles are going to blow this current one out of the water by the time the dust settles, but MS really dropped the ball at the start when it comes to its launch line up.

I think this gen is going to be the one where they can finally gain some consumer trust back when it comes to their first party output.

Betting everything on Halo probably seemed like a good idea at the time but we all saw how that turned out. They clearly knew their timelines were going to be rough due to buying all the studios and letting themsettle in with their projects. They bet on Halo since nothing else would be ready. I am kinda shocked they didnt try to money-hat a big game for GP at launch like Creed.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Betting everything on Halo probably seemed like a good idea at the time but we all saw how that turned out. They clearly knew their timelines were going to be rough due to buying all the studios and letting the settle in with their projects and bet on Halo since nothing else would be ready. I am kinda shocked they didnt try to money-hat a big game for GP at launch like Creed.
I still don't know what they were thinking with Infinite. I don't think it looked as bad as everyone said it did, but it certainly didn't look like your main next gen showcase launch title. 343i needs a massive kick in the ass, they turned Microsoft's biggest IP into a laughing stock.

I don't like to blame everything on wokeness and identity politics, but I genuinely believe if the head of 343i wasn't a woman, there would have been an executive shake up a long time ago.

TBiddy

Betting everything on Halo probably seemed like a good idea at the time but we all saw how that turned out. They clearly knew their timelines were going to be rough due to buying all the studios and letting themsettle in with their projects. They bet on Halo since nothing else would be ready. I am kinda shocked they didnt try to money-hat a big game for GP at launch like Creed.

As you say - they were betting big on Halo. Had it been ready, it would've been okay. It wasn't, and when they figured it out (or rather, when the internet told them), it was probably too late to make any deals.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I still don't know what they were thinking with Infinite. I don't think it looked as bad as everyone said it did, but it certainly didn't look like your main next gen showcase launch title. 343i needs a massive kick in the ass, they turned Microsoft's biggest IP into a laughing stock.

I don't like to blame everything on wokeness and identity politics, but I genuinely believe if the head of 343i wasn't a woman, there would have been an executive shake up a long time ago.

It certainly didn't look like the next Halo game for 10 years or whatever they are saying. It seems to be stuck in this middle ground of wanting to support people currently in the eco system and new ones but thats such a tricky thing to do even when you aren't talking about supporting on two entirely different generations of hardware as well as PC.

I have never been a 343i hater because I don't really understand it honestly. They were given a franchise that wasn't theres and asked to keep the legacy going. Yes a lot of Bugnee was still there but even after 4 a lot of people left. Its simply not the same people working on the game. If they would have tried to replicate the game people would have bashed it for being too similar.

Halo needed a change in general. It would not have survived the market in its form after Reach. The entire market has changed. Has 343i knocked it out of the park. God no. There have been some serious missteps in those games. But people act like their work they have done is just trash and its not.

It reminds of the Rare situation where everyone wants to shit all over Microsoft for killing Rare when after the buy out, but Rare was hardly Rare anymore. These companies are only as good as the people behind them and when those people leave its going to affect quality.

As you say - they were betting big on Halo. Had it been ready, it would've been okay. It wasn't, and when they figured it out (or rather, when the internet told them), it was probably too late to make any deals.

Money talks. I don't think its too late to ever make a deal. It was months, not days.

kuncol02

Banned
I am kinda shocked they didnt try to money-hat a big game for GP at launch like Creed.
You don't remember what happened last time MS did that? Only Sony is allowed to pay for timed exclusives.

Halo needed a change in general. It would not have survived the market in its form after Reach.
Biggest problem of Halo are Halo fans. They are attacking every change with so much hate that I'm surprised that MS even bother with that series.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
You don't remember what happened last time MS did that? Only Sony is allowed to pay for timed exclusives.

Biggest problem of Halo are Halo fans. They are attacking every change with so much hate that I'm surprised that MS even bother with that series.

I would agree that the hardcore fans are usually the problem with a franchise but its not fair to say some of the hardcore fans also just want more of the IP. But at the same time the hardcore usually dont make a majority of the player base.

The Falconeer reviews are coming in. Who's getting it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Falconeer reviews coming in

Mr.ODST

I don't know if it's just because of YouTube compression, but I'm not impressed at all :(

I didnt expect this years AC to look terribly next gen, I think the big upgrade is how CLEAN it looks including the 60FPS, still a beautiful game but 100% not looking Next-Gen if you compare it to Spoodey or Dark Souls (Or even Watch Dogs)

60FPS on consoles is still a huge leap though

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I didnt expect this years AC to look terribly next gen, I think the big upgrade is how CLEAN it looks including the 60FPS, still a beautiful game but 100% not looking Next-Gen if you compare it to Spoodey or Dark Souls (Or even Watch Dogs)

60FPS on consoles is still a huge leap though
Outside of the fps improvement, I don't see a huge difference in comparison to Odyssey. I found the Watch Dogs Legion footage to be more impressive even if that was only 30fps. It's still a day one purchase, I guess I just expected more for some reason.

Everyone else seems impressed though so maybe I need to get my eyes checked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom