• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Flintty

You don't remember what happened last time MS did that? Only Sony is allowed to pay for timed exclusives.

Biggest problem of Halo are Halo fans. They are attacking every change with so much hate that I'm surprised that MS even bother with that series.

I’m the minority big Halo fan who actually got hyped by the trailer. Came to Gaf to revel in the hype and found only a sewage treatment plant on fire with people trying to put out that fire with gasoline.

Andodalf

Banned
I’m the minority big Halo fan who actually got hyped by the trailer. Came to Gaf to revel in the hype and found only a sewage treatment plant on fire with people trying to put out that fire with gasoline.

Yep, the Actual stuff they showed looked really cool, new weapons, the grapple, the open world stuff. I'm very excited to actually play it.

splattered

Yep, the Actual stuff they showed looked really cool, new weapons, the grapple, the open world stuff. I'm very excited to actually play it.

I saw a lot of potential in the trailer but not a ready experience.. i still think that with more work it will be super fun even if they don't fundamentally change anything but rather super polish it. That being said i do think the Brute armor could use a complete re-work though... i think the Cabal in D2 have better armor even though they look like giant hamsters.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

I guess it's not really much more impressive than Odyssey, on the whole, with Unity still the standout.

That said, 60fps is a big deal
I agree. Other than FR, it looks no better than Odyssey.

I don’t know...AC:Valhalla looks pretty incredible to these old eyes. 👀

Assuming the reviews are solid it’s probably the first game I’ll be paying full price for. Enough on GamePass for me for quite a while otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't know what they were thinking with Infinite. I don't think it looked as bad as everyone said it did, but it certainly didn't look like your main next gen showcase launch title. 343i needs a massive kick in the ass, they turned Microsoft's biggest IP into a laughing stock.

I don't like to blame everything on wokeness and identity politics, but I genuinely believe if the head of 343i wasn't a woman, there would have been an executive shake up a long time ago.
When the management at 343 told Phil the game was in a good place, seems like he took them at their word. And management at 343 were told that by their lead devs who were told that by their devs. It's a massive mismanagement and shows too much trust and not enough quality control within the structure at 343. Too many people trusting the word of the people below them and now verifying or testing.

Dane

When the management at 343 told Phil the game was in a good place, seems like he took them at their word. And management at 343 were told that by their lead devs who were told that by their devs. It's a massive mismanagement and shows too much trust and not enough quality control within the structure at 343. Too many people trusting the word of the people below them and now verifying or testing.

Pretty much is the situation where one subsidiary enjoys freedoms that others doesn't, 343i was made to milk on Halo after Bungie left and Microsoft allowed such shit to happen repeatedly just because it was their best selling franchise and today I wouldn't be suprised that at this point Forza is the new Xbox brand image.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I just got MeToo'd because I looked at your avatar while talking to someone.

Dommel

Got a call today from the place where I pre-ordered my Series X 'hey you can come pick up your order'.

In my innocence I ask them are you sure, isn't it until the 10th? They say no it's fine.

Jump in my car, drive there and I guess maybe my questioning it also made them question it and check with HQ.

When I got there (about 15 minutes driving) they apologized profusely but couldn't sell me the Series X without risking a huge fine :(

But they're throwing in a controller on Tuesday to make up for it so that's something I guess.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Jackfrags playing AC Valhalla on Series X, best quality version I've seen and he claims 60fps is a lock
That raid was cool. The game is really impressive visually and works as a nice showcase for XSX. If you are upgrading from a base console I'm sure it will really blow your socks off. I enjoyed Odyssey and finally finished the main storyline recently. I'll probably play Valhalla on PC, but I think it looks like Viking Odyssey which is awesome.

BlakeofT

Thinking about trying to get an Xbox when they become more available. Can anyone tell me how much ultimate costs for 1 year? I get that it's $1 for the first month and $14.99 after that, but can you buy a full year? I'm looking for the MSRP.

Andodalf

Banned
Thinking about trying to get an Xbox when they become more available. Can anyone tell me how much ultimate costs for 1 year? I get that it's $1 for the first month and $14.99 after that, but can you buy a full year? I'm looking for the MSRP.

Buy a whole bunch of Gold, then pay 1$ to convert it to ultimate. You could get 3 years for like >100$ if you find good deals on Gold.

Top Bottom