• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

-Arcadia-

Banned
Apparently! Looks amazing IMO.

Wonder if the Shock Blue controller lights up a different color

Genuinely curious if the Series X version lights up green, to match the vent, and typical Xbox theme.

I didn’t think they lit up at all. I hadn’t seen it once in many dozens of videos, lol. I’m surprised nobody covered this until now.

Night.Ninja

Banned

Quick resume is going to be amazing, they might not be much to play at launch but switching out games will be great.

But as usual ms drop the ball by not letting us know if a game will be removed.

Last edited:

Doncabesa

Quick resume is going to be amazing, they might not be much to play at launch but switching out games will be great.

But as usual ms drop the ball by not letting us know if a game will be removed.

I'd imagine a UI change to see what is and isn't in quick resume as well as keeping games you want in will be coming.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I'm a lock for getting a XSS from GameStop, but the XSX pre-order I have from Microsoft Store that's a gift for my brother(as in, he gets to reimburse me, but I did the hard part) is still confusing and increasingly bleak for chance of getting it on launch day. I've been in the same "Pre-order-Expected Delivery Nov. 10th" for days and no charge to my card or update emails.

I think I'm in the 'Bargaining' stage of the Grief Cycle right now like, "Oh, as long I get it in the launch week I'll be happy". MS to my hopes and dreams...

giphy.gif

Lone Wolf

I'm a lock for getting a XSS from GameStop, but the XSX pre-order I have from Microsoft Store that's a gift for my brother(as in, he gets to reimburse me, but I did the hard part) is still confusing and increasingly bleak for chance of getting it on launch day. I've been in the same "Pre-order-Expected Delivery Nov. 10th" for days and no charge to my card or update emails.

I think I'm in the 'Bargaining' stage of the Grief Cycle right now like, "Oh, as long I get it in the launch week I'll be happy". MS to my hopes and dreams...

giphy.gif
Did you go to your Microsoft account and check the order status? I never got an email but my series X has shipped. Have a tracking number and everything.

While it's likely I'm the only person in the universe that actually really liked We Happy Few, and although I'm sure it will still be likely be janky as hell, improvements to performance will be a major plus
I love We Happy Few, Arthur's campaign was awesome! I never got around to finishing Sally's and the other guy's campaign though. Might be time to jump back in.

I'm super excited for whatever Compulsion is going to do next. We Happy Few was janky but the world building and the atmosphere were top notch.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I love We Happy Few, Arthur's campaign was awesome! I never got around to finishing Sally's and the other guy's campaign though. Might be time to jump back in.

I'm super excited for whatever Compulsion is going to do next. We Happy Few was janky but the world building and the atmosphere were top notch.

I loved that about the game, plus the really quirky characters and unique artstyle. I'm glad to learn I'm not all alone in the universe when it comes to We Happy Few.

Like you I can't wait to see what they currently are working on, they are obviously very creative and hopefully now with Xbox money and support they can turn out a really polished game this time.

I loved that about the game, plus the really quirky characters and unique artstyle. I'm glad to learn I'm not all alone in the universe when it comes to We Happy Few.

Like you I can't wait to see what they currently are working on, they are obviously very creative and hopefully now with Xbox money and support they can turn out a really polished game this time.
Agree 100%! We Happy Few nailed that alternative post World War 2, "1984" dystopian society like no other. Walking around Wellington Wells or around the gardens made me feel a sense of sadness and melancholy that no other game has made me feel. Everything in ruins, the characters walking around wearing rags and looking hopeless. Then you take Joy and everything changes, a rat turns into edible food, all the buildings are lit. It was great.

I think Phil said that he's really excited about Compulsion's next game the most? They should be able to do great things with that Microsoft money.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief

Not a fantastic comparison IMO as there is a degree of matchmaking involved with going from planet to planet. That said these are substantially shorter than the load times on PS4/Xbox One. Looking forward to the 60FPS patches and hoping we get full cross-platform cross-play next year as promised (the sooner the better). A fantastic addition to Game Pass.

HoodWinked

Well, that should go a little way towards alleviating worries over the 300 something GB. Still not an ideal situation, but that’s about 80 GB saved there.

ya its possible they put a toggle for how many games you can have quick resume in the future i think they are setting it at 5 now just so there isn't confusion/fud spreading about the feature. also the fact that you can move games to an external drive massively alleviates the issue. takes around 10mins to move to external, 7mins to move to internal.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Same! I've thought about getting a Series S just for how well designed it is, even if I'm not sure what I'd do with it.

Definitely my favourite looking Xbox so far

I prefer the looks of the Series X because it goes fantastically well with my existing décor, but I'm also really impressed with the Series S and how well designed it is especially for the price and I keep trying to come up with an excuse to also get one of those.

Lone Wolf

I prefer the looks of the Series X because it goes fantastically well with my existing décor, but I'm also really impressed with the Series S and how well designed it is especially for the price and I keep trying to come up with an excuse to also get one of those.
put it in your bedroom? The Series X is going in the living room, with the Series S going in the bedroom. We have a 720p TV in there. Daughter is getting the living room One X, to replace her One S.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Did you go to your Microsoft account and check the order status? I never got an email but my series X has shipped. Have a tracking number and everything.
Yeah, I've been almost too ocd lately about checking the MS Store status(changed from 'Pending' to 'Pre-order' days ago). It is what it is. I hope it will show up, but I don't see how they could get it here on the 10th without some crazy next-day shipping dispatched on Monday.

Last edited:
Didn’t he just say there was no raytracing on the Series X? Now he’s advertising it?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You can almost feel the begrudging tone with "finally", even though several launch titles are confirmed to have RT, like Enlisted.

I like John though, he doesn't deny being a Sony fan but is always professional in his videos, regardless of format.

I'd chalk this up to just forgetting Watch Dogs exists, like, well, most people.

Kagey K

Banned
You can almost feel the begrudging tone with "finally", even though several launch titles are confirmed to have RT, like Enlisted.

I like John though, he doesn't deny being a Sony fan but is always professional in his videos, regardless of format.

I'd chalk this up to just forgetting Watch Dogs exists, like, well, most people.
They should have just wrecked him for the first 45 seconds of this video.

Everyone loves to see smug bastards proven wrong.

Eventually it’s e ought for them, they can move on.

Top Bottom