• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

oxman2k

any news on using the xsx on a 1080p display i hope it runs in native 1080p but then gives a performance boost on games.assassin's creed valhalla is 4k but the 60fps doesn't look stable with many drops.i would much prefer a native 1080p and a locked 60fps than down scaled 4k with drops on a 1080p display.this was an issue with the one x higher res than ps4 pro but at the cost of performance frame rate>res for me every time i hope microsoft sort this and don't go for the higher res at the cost of performance route.

Sq0eurJ.jpg

Night.Ninja

Banned
any news on using the xsx on a 1080p display i hope it runs in native 1080p but then gives a performance boost on games.assassin's creed valhalla is 4k but the 60fps doesn't look stable with many drops.i would much prefer a native 1080p and a locked 60fps than down scaled 4k with drops on a 1080p display.this was an issue with the one x higher res than ps4 pro but at the cost of performance frame rate>res for me every time i hope microsoft sort this and don't go for the higher res at the cost of performance route.
What 😄

Where's the video with the drops ?

Concern

Nice alt account. If you're still playing on a 1080p display, I highly doubt you own more than one console. Your priorities are all fucked up, get your money up instead of trolling lol

Andodalf

Banned
He specifies the heavy aim, average fps and load times being drastically improved, alongside the HDR.

Aim would be improved a bit by better latency on the controller, but the game is a locked 60 on both the X and base Xbox one. I think it’s mostly in his head

Guys, I have a question:

So both of my brothers have their own Xbox One, I'm the only one that doesn't. I was thinking on buying a used One X but I have some questions regarding Game Pass and Xbox Live. I live in China but both my brothers are in Portugal - I know I can create a Portuguese account and use it on the Xbox here but I'm afraid that will limit my game pass downloads to the European servers. Is that how it works? Or does the Xbox download from the nearest MS server (here can be the chinese, Korean or Japanese ones).

And to play with them, I know I will have to connect to the European servers, but should I expect an acceptable ping?

Doncabesa

so tempted to get an external ssd to have more ready to go at any time, but cold storage transfers seem to be fast enough to not be a major pain in the ass.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Since when native 1800p which is later upscaled by the TV better than 1800p checkerboarded to 4K by the console from the get-go?
No contest native 4k v 4k checkerboard. I have a Pro and X and never really been that impressed by checkerboarding. Maybe GOW and one o two others.

Video timestamped

oxman2k

Nice alt account. If you're still playing on a 1080p display, I highly doubt you own more than one console. Your priorities are all fucked up, get your money up instead of trolling lol
here are links to video's
it drops to 20fps at some points.thats the problem drop the res and have a locked 60fps with no tearing.why do microsoft insist on native 4k at the cost of performance was the same problem with the one x.won't be suprised if the multi plats run better on the ps5 with lower res. frame rate>res every time they better include 1080p options with locked fps for xsx will be a joke if the xss runs games at a better framerate than the xsx.and no i'm not a troll or fanboy just giving the facts.

Last edited:
it drops to 20fps at some points.thats the problem drop the res and have a locked 60fps with no tearing.why do microsoft insist on native 4k at the cost of performance was the same problem with the one x.won't be suprised if the multi plats run better on the ps5 with lower res. frame rate>res every time they better include 1080p options with locked fps for xsx will be a joke if the xss runs games at a better framerate than the xsx.

Um.

It's a locked 60fps on Series X in all these videos?

I think you're confused by the One S and One X lines. Here, have a frame rate test with only the Series X:

It's a lock.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.ODST

Feel like Microsoft hit the ground running this new gen (Series S running RT is seriously impressive after all the negativity) but key thing for me being a huge Halo fan is that Halo let the launch down.

People might shit on the console for having "No Exclusive" but we got some great titles like Forza, Gears, Sea of Thieves, Grounded (Starting to come into its own), Doom, Starfield, Elder Scrolls, Prey, Fallout, Hellblade, Dishonored, Fable and a ton more new IP's that are being developed, obviously we will have to wait but think of how good a DOOM exclusive will be utilising the full power of the Series X and hopefully Halo Infinite turns out good.

We have a great mix of experiences and I think that's where the Xbox brand is strong 💪🏻

oxman2k

Um.

It's a locked 60fps on Series X in all these videos?

I think you're confused by the One S and One X lines. Here, have a frame rate test with only the Series X:

It's a lock.

it's not locked in the video there are some drops stop denying the facts fanboys and it drops in the other video's yes it's the xbox series x version.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Feel like Microsoft hit the ground running this new gen (Series S running RT is seriously impressive after all the negativity) but key thing for me being a huge Halo fan is that Halo let the launch down.

People might shit on the console for having "No Exclusive" but we got some great titles like Forza, Gears, Sea of Thieves, Grounded (Starting to come into its own), Doom, Starfield, Elder Scrolls, Prey, Fallout, Hellblade, Dishonored, Fable and a ton more new IP's that are being developed, obviously we will have to wait but think of how good a DOOM exclusive will be utilising the full power of the Series X and hopefully Halo Infinite turns out good.

We have a great mix of experiences and I think that's where the Xbox brand is strong 💪🏻

How is Grounded these days? I played the story content near launch and loved it, but decided that was a good demo, being so short, and to wait for a more substantial release.

Mr.ODST

How is Grounded these days? I played the story content near launch and loved it, but decided that was a good demo, being so short, and to wait for a more substantial release.

Still light on content but I sort of love the lore, its something different and new in terms of the theme so makes it more interesting, hope they bring a huge content update out

Mr.ODST

If your in the UK more bundles available at GAME (And All Access)

oxman2k

Ok if you're going to call people "fanboys" in the Xbox community thread then I'm just going to ignore you.

Nice job, Neo
why deny the facts i'm getting the xsx and ps5 just giving the facts that the obsession with 4k at the cost of performance on microsoft consoles is beginning to grate

Hostile_18

Banned

It says not guaranteed for launch day. Wonder if it's just for pre orders they don't have yet.

Pug

Everything is out of stock already.

ZehDon

I've spent a little bit of time with the Series X. If you're in this thread, you've seen the videos, the unboxings, and the breakdowns, so I'll spare the blog post stuff. It's exactly what we've all wanted it to be, right from the console setup onward. It looks and feels utterly next gen.

There's two things I really want to emphasize about the Series X. First and foremost, it's the absolute immediacy of the console. I've seen all the videos, and I know all the load time comparison numbers. But it's something else entirely in person. Coming from the PS4 Pro, an Xbox One S, and even my gaming PC and mobile phone, we've all grown accustomed to the little hitches and halts whenever you want to do something. A slight pause here, a mini-stutter there, it's the price for all the technology, right? Well, not anymore, apparently. Click Gamepass, boom, there's the Gamepass menu. Settings? The cog logo flashes up, and you're in. It's all just right there. Menus are fast, fluid, and responsive. I'm used to the guide on the Xbox One S hitching and stuttering when it comes up after I press the Xbox button on the controller. On Series X, it just pops up, smooth as butter, doesn't matter if you're running a game or not. Jumping between stuff is almost scarily smooth. For a real constrast, after I'd had a bit of a play, I moved my Xbox One S into the lounge for my wife, and even just turning it on and getting her signed in felt like a stuttering eternity... there's no going back from this.
The other thing I want to really highlight is something you won't notice. The noise. People have said its whisper quiet - that's actually maybe a conservative description. It's dead silent. I fired up Oblivion and crawled through the tutorial dungeon. I stopped with the game running, and listened, and all I could hear was the softest sounds of the distant noises in the dungeon. Wind. Had it been on PS4 Pro, it'd all have been drowned out by the jet engine, and even on Xbox One S, the sound of the console just operating would've masked it. But my media room was silent as the grave. It's actually a little eerie - a silent black tower spitting impossible magic onto my TV screen.

I played Forza 7 and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Forza 7's flawless image really blew me away, coming from the One S. Pristine. And Oblivion... yeah, that felt like a full remaster. Absolutely stunning. Gears Tactics is my launch game, and its dropping tomorrow. I'm keen as hell to dig into the experience and enjoy something that'll look a little more next-gen. So far, even just running the titles I already own, the Series X is amazing. Money well spent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom