• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Do they also show off this neat feature where your file can go corrupt giving you infinite loading screens?

Nope. Guessing it's been fixed via patch.

I was struggling to choose between WD Legion and AC Valhalla. I’ve never paid full price for AC before and was leaning towards Legion, but damn - these screens and some videos I’ve seen have me swinging towards Valhalla as my launch game purchase.

Same, AC Valhalla being locked 60 alone is probably the deal breaker

ZywyPL

Banned
Wait they didnt embed it on the mobo?? That is amazing. It means it can be replaced without throwing away an entire mobo. Also leaves things open for a faster drive later on!

Sounds good in theory, but good luck finding consumer M.2 2230 drives with remotely close capacity and/or read speeds, they basically don't exist.

Ulysses 31

Watch the full YT video. 60fps on combat when it dipped on DFs preview hardware

You saying something got patched or improved on the retail Series X?

A few drops don't matter to me with my VRR compatible TV, just that someone's claiming it's a 60 lock now that I was curious about.

Last edited:

Elias

Like I've said, DF is solid but they aren't the end all be all. It seems performance was improved by MS for back compat as a whole or by the devs.

You saying something got patched or improved on the retail Series X?

A few drops don't matter to me with my VRR compatible TV, just that someone's claiming it's a 60 lock now that I was curious about.

They do specify that it's preview hardware and results are subject to change. We've already seen quick resume running faster than in that video, meanwhile GTAIV no longer has auto-HDR.

It doesn't appear flawless but it's definitely improved to the point it's hard to argue for checkerboard over native IMO.

Andodalf

Banned
They do specify that it's preview hardware and results are subject to change. We've already seen quick resume running faster than in that video, meanwhile GTAIV no longer has auto-HDR.

It doesn't appear flawless but it's definitely improved to the point it's hard to argue for checkerboard over native IMO.

Additionally, the DF BC vid is about a month and a half old now. Plenty of time for serious updates.

Since when native 1800p which is later upscaled by the TV better than 1800p checkerboarded to 4K by the console from the get-go?

It’s not native 1800p on PS5. Sekiro displays at 3200 x 1800 on both the PS4 and Xbox One X, about 70% of full 4K’s 3840 x 2160. The PS4 shows minor artifacts that indicate some form of reconstruction was used to boost a lower render to 3200 x 1800.

How would this happen? BS software update before retail release? Surely the game itself didn't get patched did it? Though i think it just had a small content drop... maybe stealth patch there?

It's possible, definitely a drawback of MS sending out preview hardware so early. We've seen many changes since DF tested Sekiro in a number of departments.

I'd be interested to see Hitman on the Paris stage at unlocked frame rate/resolution again to know for sure.

In any case, it's averaging about as close to 60fps as you could hope for here. That's a big boon for Xbox.

tenor.gif

Andodalf

Banned
No kids so no need for a 2nd console and I prefer to game in my bedroom and don't like having a console in the living room

I think it's 1 month (maybe more) free Disney+ as one of the perks

I could see it being a 2 month to gets folks to the new year and to the end of the mandalorian

ZywyPL

Banned
It’s not native 1800p on PS5. Sekiro displays at 3200 x 1800 on both the PS4 and Xbox One X, about 70% of full 4K’s 3840 x 2160. The PS4 shows minor artifacts that indicate some form of reconstruction was used to boost a lower render to 3200 x 1800.

I see, thanks.

Top Bottom