• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Astral Dog

i can't get behind the Xbox Series S, the problem isn't even the Teraflops or the RAM (though some developers will get a few headaches with that) but the lack of a proper disc drive and the pitiful storage, it seems like just a fast way for Microsoft to sell "cheap" GamePass boxes (though you are fucked if you need more storage or want a physical game) i just couldn't recommend it to anyone unless ir had at least the disc player, the power downgrade is fine but it also lacks features 🙁

Series X however is a pretty awesome box in every way i think its worth the price over S

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Seeing all the EA Play games in addition to all of the usual Gamepass games... I don't think I've ever had so many games I've wanted to try out on launch day for a new console before :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Did EA ever get around to fixing Anthem and Battlefront 2?
Battlefront 2 is great these days, but Anthem's refresh isn't out yet.

Andodalf

Banned
You sure? Second image shows the video hdmi diagnosis resolution at 3840x2160 and 119.84HZ. You may be right but I was looking at the second image.

That’s only telling you the consoles output. The console will output 4K no matter what, even when rendering subnative content. It is 120 tho. It may have been updated, but I’m sure we would’ve gotten real confirmation by this point.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

unknown.png

unknown.png

He has worked on music for all Bethesda Fallout games(3,NV,4,76) and Elder Scrolls Blades.
EmQDys3UYAY-P-X.png
EmQDys3U8AEcyN2.png
EmQDys3VgAEtwCt.png
EmQDys5UYAEhqst.png
Although he has also worked in the Dragon Age Series🤔.

reksveks

Damn, can't do local streaming with tetris effect 😭

Edit. Its a Tetris licensing issue. Need to find a workaround.

Last edited:

BlueHawk357

Is anyone else kinda bummed out there was no little headset included for online?

I'm going to have to be a heaven and use a PS4 one I have laying around I guess? 😓

If not, has anyone got a suggestion for a mic? I don't want full on headphones as I love my theatre sound at home, just the mic..

Riky

$MSFT
Waiting game now while I download Valhalla on X1X, the screen tearing looks like an issue to me glad I've got a VRR TV coming Friday.

Mmnow

I was gonna make this point elsewhere, but it would just get dickish responses and it's getting so tiring having to deal with that.

We've woken up this morning to, what? About eighty new games on Gamepass? Most which will play best on Series X. Not including Gears Tactics, which "for some reason" doesn't count as a first party console launch title and other games I've purposefully held back for the Series X.

I remember having to keep my PS3 plugged in to play Grand Theft Auto V when the PS4 came out. I was using the old console more than the new one. Same with the PS3.

If you very specifically move the measuring stick, this might look like a bad launch. But I think it's probably the best launch we've had for a long time, if not ever. I've certainly got more to play than for any other console.

And this isn't a one console thing. Same situation for the PS5. Between BC, careful planning on my part and the PS+ Collection,these devices are going straight into use.

List wars aside, this is an awesome start to the gen.

I was gonna make this point elsewhere, but it would just get dickish responses and it's getting so tiring having to deal with that.

We've woken up this morning to, what? About eighty new games on Gamepass? Most which will play best on Series X. Not including Gears Tactics, which "for some reason" doesn't count as a first party console launch title and other games I've purposefully held back for the Series X.

I remember having to keep my PS3 plugged in to play Grand Theft Auto V when the PS4 came out. I was using the old console more than the new one. Same with the PS3.

If you very specifically move the measuring stick, this might look like a bad launch. But I think it's probably the best launch we've had for a long time, if not ever. I've certainly got more to play than for any other console.

And this isn't a one console thing. Same situation for the PS5. Between BC, careful planning on my part and the PS+ Collection,these devices are going straight into use.

Agreed, I'm looking at the gamepass app and I'm going to be completely spoilt for choice today. Every generation I've bought, I've only had 1 or 2 games to play.

This gen, my choice is over 200.

Mines still not delivered but checking out the EA games on the gamepass app. Jedi fallen order not there?

It's being added to EA Play/Game Pass today, not sure what time though. It'll be there by tomorrow at least.

I said this before, but "launch titles" only mattered when that's all you could play on the system.

There's never been more games to enjoy, including games enhanced specifically for the new consoles at no extra cost.

Roberts

Just wanted to come in and say that I really appreciate what you guys have been doing in this thread. All the news, grounded, but positive excitement and almost zero toxicity (and none from the "locals"). This thread is pretty much the only thing I read on GAF these days and hope it will continue to live on well into this new generation.

giphy.gif

Pantz

Really light digital sale specials on games this week, which usually means a huge sale is coming in the middle of the week.

BigLee74

Spot on my good man. I will be firing up the series X today, totally overwhelmed by the amount of games available and what I'm going to play first.

Including BC games that perform much better, games specifically enhanced for the new consoles, brand spanking new 3rd party games, and new console exclusives.

Yet websites are out their saying 'don't buy yet, not worth it'.

I mean, pardon my French, but fuck off!

Gonna be great.

A few Walmart's nearby have the console in stock but only for in-store buying and pick up. I freaking have to go to work but my cousin is going to drive around to see if he can buy one for him and one for me. Fingers crossed.

reksveks

Spot on my good man. I will be firing up the series X today, totally overwhelmed by the amount of games available and what I'm going to play first.

Including BC games that perform much better, games specifically enhanced for the new consoles, brand spanking new 3rd party games, and new console exclusives.

Yet websites are out their saying 'don't buy yet, not worth it'.

I mean, pardon my French, but fuck off!

Gonna be great.

As a PC player, I am used to having a backlog, it all lines up.

Mmnow

so should i keep settings at 4k 60 with VRR on, hearing there’s issues with 4k 120hz with VRR.
I believe, although haven't been able to test, that a new patch the last couple of days has fixed some of the issues with the LG OLEDs.

Mileage may vary,but fingers crossed.

Rossco EZ

I believe, although haven't been able to test, that a new patch the last couple of days has fixed some of the issues with the LG OLEDs.

Mileage may vary,but fingers crossed.
ah ok, i did have an update yesterday so hopefully it’s fixed it then.

Top Bottom