• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Andodalf

Banned
WE NEEDED YOU TOMORROW YOU GREEN METAL FUCK.

Too busy playing Super Fiesta :messenger_smiling_horns:
vFt6Ver.jpg

Last edited:

BigLee74

Still can't believe this is only £250

I wish folk would post examples that showcase raytracing properly. Whilst I know these reflections are probably done using RT, its something that can also be done with screen space reflections. Show me details being reflected that are NOT already on the scene.

For example, face a window or the side of a car, and let us see objects behind us being reflected in the window/car.

Elias

I wish folk would post examples that showcase raytracing properly. Whilst I know these reflections are probably done using RT, its something that can also be done with screen space reflections. Show me details being reflected that are NOT already on the scene.

For example, face a window or the side of a car, and let us see objects behind us being reflected in the window/car.
all of ray tracing effects can be "faked" more or less.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Not sure where else to put this, but does anyone else feel like YouTube is almost useless to preview a game in the 4K/mobile era? Even if I actually bother getting up and using the TV for 4K, it still swallows so much detail.

Add in that it seems to be a rarity for YouTube to support HDR, and it just feels like there’s no way to have any idea what these games really look like, beyond a general sense of it.

It kind of hit me looking at Forza Horizon 4 on Series X. Forget even being able to spot the upgrades (other than 60 FPS). I can’t spot anything past the persistent wall of blur all over the screen, which makes the game look worse than it did on the Xbox One. It’s worse for Dirt 5, which seems to piss off YouTube in some inexplicable way, to the point where it looks like a sub-HD game, with macroblocking everywhere, even set to full resolution.

I feel like we need a different solution for checking out new games.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Not sure where else to put this, but does anyone else feel like YouTube is almost useless to preview a game in the 4K/mobile era? Even if I actually bother getting up and using the TV for 4K, it still swallows so much detail.

Add in that it seems to be a rarity for YouTube to support HDR, and it just feels like there’s no way to have any idea what these games really look like, beyond a general sense of it.

It kind of hit me looking at Forza Horizon 4 on Series X. Forget even being able to spot the upgrades (other than 60 FPS). I can’t spot anything past the persistent wall of blur all over the screen, which makes the game look worse than it did on the Xbox One. It’s worse for Dirt 5, which seems to piss off YouTube in some inexplicable way, to the point where it looks like a sub-HD game, with macroblocking everywhere, even set to full resolution.

I feel like we need a different solution for checking out new games.
It really depends what the source file is have found out. There are certain file types that play nice with Youtube Compression better than others and dont have nearly as much detail killed. But, none of them are ideal still. But I believe Youtube is rolling out their new codec which should help.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
My Series X shipped :O

Oh for fuck's sake

Screenshot-20201109-104103-Chrome.jpg
I still haven't got any movement on my Best Buy order. :messenger_pensive:

Never trust their shipping estimates. Wait for Canada Post to update. It'll probably be to you on the 12th or 13th.

Edit: N/M you updated since then. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Mmnow

I actually have too much to play on Xbox, just from what will be out over the next couple of days. And then the PS5 is coming next week too.

And, in terms of actual games being added, I'm split between being annoyed we still haven't had Final Fantasy X/X-2 and being happy we haven't and that I played FFVIII 8 months ago. It doesn't have to go in my backlog (immediately...).

Top Bottom