• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I remember back in the day you'd pick up a console with maybe 2 boxed games and that's what you had for a while. Now with GP Ultimate+EA Play on day 1 everybody gets access to a monster library of games to play and test, and we all have the same games so it's easy to play together.

It's crazy that xCloud is another feature like EA Play where it's just tacked onto your GP Ultimate like it's no big deal.

Certinty

Anyone know how the likes of Dirt 5, Watch Dogs Legion and Forza Horizon 4 work on the Series X? Can I put my One X versions on a HDD and that's it or will I have to install a totally different version of them tomorrow?

Anyone know how the likes of Dirt 5, Watch Dogs Legion and Forza Horizon 4 work on the Series X? Can I put my One X versions on a HDD and that's it or will I have to install a totally different version of them tomorrow?

Old versions/games will automatically upgrade, including downloading patches, via Smart Delivery.

ZywyPL

Banned
Screenshot-20201109-085345-Twitter.jpg

He's the source of the FUD mentioned in this tweet

"It isn't a miracle console like they've been touting"...

tenor.gif

Hostile_18

Banned
I'm confused about the Disney Plus deal. It's for new subscribers only but wasnt there a free month trial regardless? I haven't looked into it extensively but I was saving my free trial for when the MCU tv shows are released.

Last edited:

RaZoR No1

Does anyone know, if dev mode will be available from the start and what resources are available?
If we should get access to all of the XSX power by Dev Mode, then we should have more than enough power for Retroarch etc

I'm confused about the Disney Plus deal. It's for new subscribers only but wasnt there a free month trial regardless? I haven't looked into it extensively but I was saving my free trial for when the MCU tv shows are released.
What deal?

Is this some kind of peasant joke, which I cant understand as an european?
You are already paying for your healthcare with taxes (and depending on the country - additional insurance). Want some more?

Last edited:

Quantum253

Gold Member
Just got done watching Modern Vintage Gamer breakdown a Series S. Looks like a great design and something that would be a great Gamepass box. Also, the easy shell/system customization/paint would be fun too. Curious to find out more about the Debug options on the board.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I'm hoping developers will eventually stop worrying and say "fuck splash screens".

I believe some of the splash screens are contracted to have so much time on each logo as a lot are third party and they see it as a form of advertisement.

Just about to walk to my local tech shop and get a Samsung T7 external SSD and a nice gaming headset ahead of the main course tomorrow. (That is, IF it ships. Hearing worrying whispers about Canadian shipping/supply)

*insert ”It’s (probably) Happening” gif here*

TBiddy

I believe some of the splash screens are contracted to have so much time on each logo as a lot are third party and they see it as a form of advertisement.

Absolutely. Also, some of them might serve as a mean to hide loading screens of some sort. The Gears 5 splash screens are atrocious.

SirTerry-T

He's a good guy, Dwayne. Sort of puts all the pettiness about load times, SSD Pci 4 or 3 or whatever the hell they are, into perspective really.
Enjoy your games, your consoles and appreciate that you have them and the hardwork the engineers put into them.

I skipped out on last gen, so I'm keen to make a Series X sized space next to my Switch in the near future.
Looking forward to the impressions from you lot who get their shiny new boxes arriving soon.

I just played 1 game of Rocket League on my brand new LG CX and I have fucking heart palpitations (no kidding). I had an old ass tv and now I have seen the light. And I'm gaming on a Xbox One S. Once I get the Series X I'm jumping straight into RDR2 again. I'm so ready for next gen!

Kagey K

Banned
I just played 1 game of Rocket League on my brand new LG CX and I have fucking heart palpitations (no kidding). I had an old ass tv and now I have seen the light. And I'm gaming on a Xbox One S. Once I get the Series X I'm jumping straight into RDR2 again. I'm so ready for next gen!
Next watch planet earth or night on earth on Netflix or Guardians of the Galaxy on Disney+ using the built in TV apps and be prepared to be shocked.

Also use the HDR calibrator in the Xbox settings so you don’t have to deal with in game HDR settings for every individual game.

Last edited:
Next watch planet earth or night on earth on Netflix or Guardians of the Galaxy on Disney+ using the built in TV apps and be prepared to be shocked.

Also use the HDR calibrator in the Xbox settings so you don’t have to deal with in game HDR settings for every individual game.
Brother you're a mind reader, that was going to be my next question. While games look amazing, the videos on YouTube don't look very good. I just switched to the build in YouTube app and boom amazing! I also did the HDR calibration. I won't go crazy on the settings because if I get the XSX tomorrow goodbye XB1S.

ZehDon

Seeing all the EA Play games in addition to all of the usual Gamepass games... I don't think I've ever had so many games I've wanted to try out on launch day for a new console before :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Did EA ever get around to fixing Anthem and Battlefront 2?

Top Bottom