• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

djjinx2

There is a 23.61gb high resolution texture pack for X1X and XSX owners on Modern Warfare now😊
This has made my day, makes launch day worth the £450. And yes I'm serious, Warzone is pretty much all I play at the minute
Is it downloaded automatically or do you have to go and get it?

You have to get it, I started the game on my SX and it asks if you want to download it.
Takes you to the store to get it.

Last edited:

Data Ghost

Tested with my QLED (Q950TS) and there the OS menu works fine in 120 Hz 10 bit without any flickering so it might be an LG CX issue.
I have set my series X up this morning and decided to try the 120Hz mode with my LG C9. But every now and again on the dashboard the screen would go black and I’d have to turn the console off and on again to bring the image back.

Is that what others are experiencing too??

Chukhopops

Watch dogs legion is just a different game on SX versus 1X. It’s not just the RT but the game is so much sharper and more responsive it’s ridiculous. Streaming issues are completely gone too.

Fast travel from Old Kent to Pimlico: 8s42

Im sold on next gen.

Lukin1978

I want a series s I wonder what my odds are of picking one up this week. Anyone from Calgary have any insights on where they might be available in store.

BigLee74

Set up, and copying games over to internal while I work this afternoon (from home, so having to be a big boy and not be tempted).

Tried a few games - just from an external HDD - that performed poorly on the One X. They are now flying, and that includes the campaigns in Halo MCC. Nice!

Not sure about the new controller yet, the sticks seen significantly shorter than im used to, and the textured grips cold. In fact the whole thing seems very light and cheap. Might be in my head, and will certainly take longer than 15 minutes to get a feel for!

Roll on tonight!

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

downloading updates :messenger_sleeping:

yOgmxrx.jpg

kiKJfKV.jpg

I have set my series X up this morning and decided to try the 120Hz mode with my LG C9. But every now and again on the dashboard the screen would go black and I’d have to turn the console off and on again to bring the image back.

Is that what others are experiencing too??

Did you get the latest update that fixes the GSync issue? I believe it is 05.00.30

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
Any one having a issue with dynamic backgrounds? for some reason I can't get mine to load.

I'm still very shocked about the hard drive transfer speed from external to internal I was expecting it to take a lot longer than it does

No not yet. It’s not available through the tv yet so may download it directly from LG’s site later.

I got it by the hidden menu (using a LG service controller by a Logitech Harmony Hub), it fixed the problems with my 3080 @ 4k/120hz with Gsync, so I will check if it works once I receive my XSX, it should be here in a few hours, I will let you know by then.

Last edited:

Data Ghost

I got it by the hidden menu (using a LG service controller by a Logitech Hub), it fixed the problems with my 3080 @ 4k/120hz with Gsync, so I will check if it works once I receive my XSX, it should be here in a few hours, I will let you know by then.
That would be much appreciated, thanks!

Elias

And then there's the very interesting claim - succinctly expressed in this tweet - that the new Xbox consoles will be 'the only next-gen consoles with full RDNA 2 integration". In effect, Microsoft is suggesting that its GPU has features that PlayStation 5 does not. It's a claim that cannot be denied, mostly because such an unambiguous claim would have likely gone through stringent legal review (and would likely have been signed off with AMD too). Notably, of course, Sony has not denied it.

oof.

Andodalf

Banned

A really good read. The core reason for the XSS existing is this- Die shifts no longer reduce costs. This is going to change the way we see consoles come about in the future. No longer can you assume that the price to make the console will drop. As such, If you want to have a lower price point, you have to have that lower spec. And XSS is cheaper to make today than XOX, so it's a no brainer.

lachesis

I joined Xbox Live Gold for 3 years yesterday using my dormant 360 account via pre-paid plan, and converted it to Game Pass Ultimate. I had about 20 dollar gift card balance from one of my rebates for my contatct lens, so whole total came out to be around 171 dollars, including tax and 1 dollar upgrade fee. For 36 months, it's about $4.75, and perhaps 3 full games - so as long as I finish at least 3 games in 3 years - I would feel like I've gotten my money's worth out of it, and pretty sure that I can... and will access how I feel about it at that point before renewing.

Now awaiting my console to arrive. Very much excited trying out various games that I've missed out this gen on my PS4 as well. Nier Automata is one of them, and Kiwami versions of Yakuza as well.

Over the last couple of months, our team has been hard at work perfecting our Rendering Pipeline, Graphics Quality Settings, Audio Tech and performance to bring our players what we believe to be the highest quality console version of Ori and the Will of the Wisps to date. Players that own a compatible TV will be able to experience the game in crisp 4K at locked 120FPS in bright and vibrant HDR! This allows for incredible motion resolution, silky smooth animation quality and input responsiveness that feels absolutely instant, which makes the platforming and combat feel that much more tactile, engaging and fun.

With the extra power of Xbox Series X, we are also able to give our players more options with how they can experience Ori. We have added a new special 6K Supersampled Rendering Mode, which allows unprecedented sharp image quality, making the game feel like printed concept art that comes to life on your TV at 60FPS while outputting a 4K final image.

So for those that can’t yet experience the amazing 120fps mode, you still have this new awesome visual mode and the game will look better than ever before! Or maybe you prefer the sharper visual quality of the game over higher framerate – it’s up to you as a player and with the Xbox Series X, you can switch between both 4K 120fps and 6K 60fps options on the fly.

DrDamn

Cannot get over Quick Resume. Switched from Ori 2 (contrary to earlier reports it seems QR does work for this) to Nier Automata in around 6-7 seconds, then back in the same.

Why the heck would you hold off buying this thing if you can afford it?

How does disc space work with QR. Can you turn it off? Can you limit the number of games? Can you make it only for specific games? How much space is used in the default configuration? (sorry for the question barrage) :)

Top Bottom