• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Chiggs

Gold Member
Give me a break.

Anyone willing to test out Metal Gear Solid HD collection for Auto HDR?

So I finally got in to my old 360 profile and fired up this game.

Honestly, I'm impressed. Smooth as heck. The visuals pop a lot. The HDR has some interesting effects here. Sometimes you get stuff that doesn't quite look like what a proper HDR implementation would get you, but other times it just works.

So far, I've watched the real time intro and have been screwing around on the tanker.

Not sure how specific you want me to get here.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I did my video on it to inform others

Shit happens whatever

Thank you, I hadn't seen that yet.

P.S. You're awesome, your reviews are pretty much the only ones I watch, you have a shit ton of integrity and no one in their right mind should ever accuse you of console warring which is the reason I'm not going to post a console war bait thread using this incident. I was mostly making fun of the other console war bait thread that was posted yesterday.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
After the concern thread posted with "scathing" review yesterday for the Series X:

I'm wondering if I should make a thread for this e-mail I got from Karak Karak about being unable to even post a review of the PS5 because his completely crapped out.

P.S. I'm kidding, I'm not going to make a thread for it, but I was disappointed @Bryank75, one of my favorite Sony fanboys, went so low on the eve of the Series X launch.
That thread would have been glorious.

splattered

My wife is setting up her Series X right now and she got to a screen that says "This console comes with" and then underneath that it says "Xbox All Access" to the right of that screen it says Xbox All Access - Available - Included with this device. With Xbox All Access, enjoy 24 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Including: and then it goes on to list perks of Game Pass Ultimate. Down below in smaller font it says "To share this with others in your household, make it your home Xbox in Settings > General > Personalization > My Home Xbox.

This console wasn't purchased via All Access... isn't that the monthly payment plan? We purchased this with MS Points and remaining balance debit card.

Also, we have my son's X1X set as her home console right now so he can get her digital games and stuff but this says to share with household set THIS xbox as home xbox?

We are going to select "decide later" here but i am confused... is everyone else getting this screen?

We can click on "Claim It" but don't want to be charged for anything or mess with current account/GPU subscription etc

SafeOrAlone

Banned
So I finally got in to my old 360 profile and fired up this game.

Honestly, I'm impressed. Smooth as heck. The visuals pop a lot. The HDR has some interesting effects here. Sometimes you get stuff that doesn't quite look like what a proper HDR implementation would get you, but other times it just works.

So far, I've watched the real time intro and have been screwing around on the tanker.

Not sure how specific you want me to get here.

This is great. Thanks for putting the time in and reporting back. Can't wait to dive in.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Ah Shit! While I was typing my last post, I got a knock on the door and was SURE it had to be FedEx, but NOOOOO, it was UPS with a stupid shirt or something for my roommate.

C'mon FedEx get here!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm delivering your Series X, but I'm going to be popping out of a cake and doing a strip tease as well.

I still think it's more likely MS enters co-funding partnerships with SEGA vs. buying them outright, but if so they really need to fund a new Crazy Taxi. That game is literally begging for a modern-day revival, just implement that game design with some battle royal massively online multiplayer-based stuff.

Imagine Crazy Box with a sea of people, basically what that game Fall Guys did but in this case it wouldn't be the only part of the game (part of the reason I think Fall Guys died off so quick; that and cheaters). That could be insanely fun, paired with refinements of the normal gameplay. They could give it the Outrun 2 treatment in terms of fleshing out the mechanics with tons of different challenges, throw in some guest vehicles (imagine a Daytona-themed taxi), guest stages (maybe some of the Scud Race or Daytona 2 courses reimagined in a Crazy Taxi-friendly style)...I'd be there Day 1.

But that's the kind of thing they can fund through co-funding partnerships with some arranged platform exclusivity. I think them co-funding on a new 3D Shinobi or NightShade game would be a great endeavor, and MS backing could go a long way to drawing some strong sponsorships for a new Virtua Fighter & VF competition league (or, maybe even better just co-fund a Fighters Megamix 2 with SEGA, MS, Bethesda, Killer Instinct, Battletoads etc. characters in it with an in-depth (but more casual-friendly) VF-style fighting engine. Sonic, Master Chief, Doom Guy, Jade, Zip, Ristar, Azel etc. characters all in one game? It should've happened yesterday!

Don't get my hopes up for something like that. :messenger_tears_of_joy: Multi-player free-for-all would be amazing in Crazy Taxi.

Any memes yet on how the Series S SB chip has Xbox One branding on it? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Just something I noticed from all the teardowns that have gone up.

T-Cake

Someone please talk me about of buying a series S, I already have a decent PC, please, help..

I'm thinking of doing the same as a method to play all the Game Pass games without having to use the janky Windows UWP system on my PC. If I like a game so much I have to have it, it's likely to be on Steam to buy.

Btw there are some scalpers on Amazon selling the Series X but the cheapest one is almost $1300 bucks. Too expensive for my skin, specially since I just dropped crazy cash on the TV.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Btw there are some scalpers on Amazon selling the Series X but the cheapest one is almost $1300 bucks. Too expensive for my skin, specially since I just dropped crazy cash on the TV.

Greedy bastards. I'm sure Xbox will have more coming soon. I hope people wait and don't support these maggots.

Greedy bastards. I'm sure Xbox will have more coming soon. I hope people wait and don't support these maggots.
The most expensive one is $2,499.00. I hope people wait as well, those prices are highway robbery. I want one but I'm not desperate. My cousin has gone to 3 different Best Buys and there's no Series X anywhere.

4RHhGg5.jpg

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I'll be holding off until H1 2021 before picking up my Series X, which works out well as a lot of the games I'm really interested in (BMI, Exo-Mecha, Scorn, The Ascent etc.) are likely dropping around that time. I've been debating when to get a PS5; it might be H1 2021 or H2 2021, really depends on when games like R&C Rift Apart and GT7 are ready, and maybe if there's a surprise or two on that front outside of 1P that times itself well on release.
Same here. There are a lot of stuffs I am excited about but not right now. Will wait for Halo Infinite.

Gamepass really is the best thing in gaming. I don't care what fanbois say.... "xbox has no games" but I have a ton to play day one. I'm spoilt for choice.

It really is great. And to think what it’s going to be like when the 23 studios start dropping titles on there DAY ONE. Just went through the titles on EA Play. Never played the Titanfall’s...and they’re on there. Haven’t stayed current with NHL and Madden games either...so I’ll likely muck about with them at some point. Never got into Battlefield either...and look...there they are.

Damn....if Microsoft can deliver on the PROMISE of what is possible for them this gen... 😳

Chiggs

Gold Member
So I am trying out Blight Town on the 360 version of Dark Souls. Let's see what happens!

Edit: Slow down seems to be completely gone from this version.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Noticed something odd.

Modern Warfare comes up optimised for Series X/S but runs off an external USB SSD no problem.

splattered

Noticed something odd.

Modern Warfare comes up optimised for Series X/S but runs off an external USB SSD no problem.

Seems like I saw someone say on Twitter that sea of thieves is same thing.. optimized but also runs off external drive. Think it said something about the icon in games list having two horizontal arrows where other games did not??

Mr.ODST

Apex and Black Desert Online now come up as Series X/S optimised.

Apex looks incredible and BDO runs extremely smooth!

MadViking

My XSX arrived today and so far everything worked really good, except I have a problem with Evil Within 2. It starts, shows the logos and right after the warning screen it closes the game and goes back to home screen. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I have a disk version and it is patched to the latest version.

Top Bottom