• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Hoping the XSX will fit in horizontally where the 1X is currently sat. If not it’ll stand to the right of the unit.

My setup is similar, but I have a bit less room to the sides if I go horizontal with the Series X. So...I’m likely tucking it around the back corner of my LG CX. Better airflow there anyway....and less dust when it’s away from floor grade elevation.

Picking mine up in about an hour!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy launch day everyone 😭

Same; hope everyone enjoys their launch-day Series systems!

I'll be holding off until H1 2021 before picking up my Series X, which works out well as a lot of the games I'm really interested in (BMI, Exo-Mecha, Scorn, The Ascent etc.) are likely dropping around that time. I've been debating when to get a PS5; it might be H1 2021 or H2 2021, really depends on when games like R&C Rift Apart and GT7 are ready, and maybe if there's a surprise or two on that front outside of 1P that times itself well on release.

That said, since there's a lot of current-gen games I never got around to playing, and I'll also need to replace my PC (mainly for work and (very light) emulation on the side, so nothing crazy like PS3-level emulation), that and a lot of the Gamepass stuff's basically tipped me to pick up a Series X first...after I replace the PC xD.

Also hopefully by that point both Series X and PS5 supply issues will be sorted out; I really don't have time to play lottery and micro-manage preorders :LOL:

That top con is already being addressed isn't it? Then MS come in to save what's left of the company.

I still think it's more likely MS enters co-funding partnerships with SEGA vs. buying them outright, but if so they really need to fund a new Crazy Taxi. That game is literally begging for a modern-day revival, just implement that game design with some battle royal massively online multiplayer-based stuff.

Imagine Crazy Box with a sea of people, basically what that game Fall Guys did but in this case it wouldn't be the only part of the game (part of the reason I think Fall Guys died off so quick; that and cheaters). That could be insanely fun, paired with refinements of the normal gameplay. They could give it the Outrun 2 treatment in terms of fleshing out the mechanics with tons of different challenges, throw in some guest vehicles (imagine a Daytona-themed taxi), guest stages (maybe some of the Scud Race or Daytona 2 courses reimagined in a Crazy Taxi-friendly style)...I'd be there Day 1.

But that's the kind of thing they can fund through co-funding partnerships with some arranged platform exclusivity. I think them co-funding on a new 3D Shinobi or NightShade game would be a great endeavor, and MS backing could go a long way to drawing some strong sponsorships for a new Virtua Fighter & VF competition league (or, maybe even better just co-fund a Fighters Megamix 2 with SEGA, MS, Bethesda, Killer Instinct, Battletoads etc. characters in it with an in-depth (but more casual-friendly) VF-style fighting engine. Sonic, Master Chief, Doom Guy, Jade, Zip, Ristar, Azel etc. characters all in one game? It should've happened yesterday!

Last edited:

Joho79

Had a day off yesterday but they didn’t ship until evening. Had a full day at work today and it arrived in the morning for pick up. Bummer, but now I’m home and getting it ready. Will start with some Jedi once it’s downloaded!

Popup

Well, here in the UK it seemed at least 400 people who picked up a Series X today, had other things on their mind as evidenced by the sheer number appearing on eBay. Grrr.

Flintty

My setup is similar, but I have a bit less room to the sides if I go horizontal with the Series X. So...I’m likely tucking it around the back corner of my LG CX. Better airflow there anyway....and less dust when it’s away from floor grade elevation.

Picking mine up in about an hour!!!!!!!!!

Nice, congrats!

Kagey K

Banned
No not yet. It’s not available through the tv yet so may download it directly from LG’s site later.
My Tv prompted me to update it yesterday. If you go into settings About this TV You can check for updates and try to force it that way.

As a warning after the update my magic remote no longer works with my Xbox One X. I'm annoyed because I used it all the time for apps that aren't available on WebOS.

Night.Ninja

Banned
How does disc space work with QR. Can you turn it off? Can you limit the number of games? Can you make it only for specific games? How much space is used in the default configuration? (sorry for the question barrage) :)

You can't turn it off
You don't know what is currently in unless you remember
Around 800gb

I assume in the future they will be an icon so you know what is currently in QR and a pop-up to let you know so if something is going to be closed.

Typical Microsoft always half-hearted

Joho79

So I got my series x, my eldest son got my one x and the youngest got his Xbox one. Can we all use my game pass at the same time?

Hey Blinkin

So I got my series x, my eldest son got my one x and the youngest got his Xbox one. Can we all use my game pass at the same time?

If my understanding is correct, you can't share it at the same time but if you sign into their consoles with the account that has it, they can until you sign back into your Xbox to use Gamepass.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Just woke up (on the West Coast) to see a bunch of people have their new consoles.

4 hours until I get mine.

It's an absolutely spectacularly beautiful day in Los Angeles today, probably nicer than anywhere else in the world but having to wait for my Series X while all the people in earlier time zones are already playing on their beautiful Series Xs is making me hate the West Coast today.

It is at least on the FedEx truck and out for delivery. Please make me one of your earlier stops!

Walmart lied to me! That's it! I'm sending Liam Neeson to your houses tonight, I warned you all.

Seriously though I hope you guys are having a great time. Something tells me I might not be able to get a Series X for a while, there's no stock anywhere. I'm going to keep trying though.

downloading updates :messenger_sleeping:

yOgmxrx.jpg

kiKJfKV.jpg

Small, compact, slick, and mos def sexy 😍 looks gorgeous in the entertainment center.

Both of mine consoles sitting at home.

Have fun!

Pantz

Yesterday Best Buy said it would arrive tomorrow. Sad day, it's actually arriving tomorrow.

Have fun those who got it.

Daffy Duck

This is an incredible piece of kit.

Played some Modern Warfare 2019/Warzone and there’s zero stutters or anything when gas grenades go off, killstreaks called in it anything and this was on shipment. Console was also silent the entire time!

draliko

Got mine earlier and started downloading everything again, god bless 100mbps Internet... The first game I tested is actually a small one (in size, so I had something to play while waiting for the rest to download) tetris effect, damn I slept on that but is really a nice experience. Totally forgot about quick resume, when I first used it I got surprised, indeed is a wonderful game changer feature (for me) other than that the ui snappiness and the quietness of the console are great. Naturally gamepass plus eaplay means a huuuuuge backlog to play and enjoy. If this is just the start of the generations and considering the global pandemic I can't wait for what cames next

splattered

This is an incredible piece of kit.

Played some Modern Warfare 2019/Warzone and there’s zero stutters or anything when gas grenades go off, killstreaks called in it anything and this was on shipment. Console was also silent the entire time!

I get small amounts of stuttering and rubber banding in Modern Warfare and it's even worse in Apex... my internet is generally ok and has pretty high speeds to i'm looking forward to seeing if the improved wi-fi in the SX helps at all. MINE JUST SHOWED UP! x3 ... time to set two of them up WOO HOO

Ulysses 31

Seems some games don't like the 120 Hz, Resident Evil Revelations crashed twice on me which never happened on the One X. Hasn't crashed since I put it back to 60 Hz.

Chiggs

Gold Member
So I loaded up Metro Exodus. Specifically, the Caspian. Things are definitely more stable. I ended up bailing on the Xbox version when I first got the game because of how annoyed I got with the framerate.

Still, I loathe this game with a controller.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
After the concern thread posted with "scathing" review yesterday for the Series X:

I'm wondering if I should make a thread for this e-mail I got from Karak Karak about being unable to even post a review of the PS5 because his completely crapped out.

PS5 Hardware Failure and Change of Content this month
P1. At this time my PS5 is 100% dead. I was having the storage rebuild issues others reported but mine escalated to full errors and network issues/boot. Sony and I were working through troubleshooting when it died completely. So at this time I will be moving content around...
p.2. I did promise viewers I would give out the PS5. So I have preordered another online. Since there is no reason for people to wait. When the first arrives I will be giving it to viewers in a giveaway versus using it myself. I can wait for the 2nd.
p.3 If you feel you joined patreon to get specific PS5 patreon discussion/discord about the PS5 I can refund those in the last 15 days. Please contact me there. My sincere apologies. I rarely ever really build stuff up and this time I did and I got bit for it.

P.S. I'm kidding, I'm not going to make a thread for it, but I was disappointed Bryank75 Bryank75 , one of my favorite Sony fanboys, went so low on the eve of the Series X launch.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
To those playing with their new toys.

Do you still need to download a separate app to play blu ray discs?

Karak

After the concern thread posted with "scathing" review yesterday for the Series X:

I'm wondering if I should make a thread for this e-mail I got from Karak Karak about being unable to even post a review of the PS5 because his completely crapped out.

P.S. I'm kidding, I'm not going to make a thread for it, but I was disappointed Bryank75 Bryank75 , one of my favorite Sony fanboys, went so low on the eve of the Series X launch.
I did my video on it to inform others

Shit happens whatever

Top Bottom