• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 3D |OT| Is that a Monado in your pocket or are you just really feeling it?

ZeroX03

Banned
You just have to keep it going... Anyways. I'm done talking to you. I discussed with you last time I would leave you alone and you would do the same. I've ignored you on my own. However you have to come in with the personal attack today. You obviously under the assumption I had you on ignore go about personally attacking me thinking I can't see it. Real nice.

Also keep your enemies close. Ignore function isn't a good way to do that.

Actually you aggressively told me to leave you alone and threw in a bunch of insults to boot. Which is pretty much the worst way to get people to do what you want. So if I don't do what you say, I wouldn't be too surprised.

So, uh, Reyn Time, eh? Right guys? He sure says it a lot.

I could really do with a shower right now!

Having such a blast with this can't believe I ever missed this gem on wii. Kinda wanna get a wii u for the sequel. Spent 4 hours into game and ive barely scratched the surface it feels like.

ramyeon

Late game spoilers.

Damnit, I forgot how much of a difficulty spike the second fight with Gadolt is in Agniratha. Went from destroying shit to getting destroyed. Gonna have to grind a bit I feel, he's four levels above me at the moment. Ugh, the quests in this area are boring too.

It might be time to go get some air, man. Realize you're on a message board talking about a video game.

I am totally fine. But as I read the entire thread I can see TheMoon is the ringleader here and Zero will defend the issues this port has to the death. No reason to argue with these folks regarding obvious flaws.

Bwahahahah. The Moon. That isn't an answer.

Laziness seems like it. The top screen is incredibly convoluted and a mess when a battle is busy. All they added to the bottom was the map and character list. Would have been nice to have the entire battle interface and that there too. About 70% of the touch screens real estate is unused.

Nothing can be touched on it too. I can't tap the map to bring it up. Seems like lazyness. A great game but a bad port that doesn't use the platform to its full potential use.

He talks about how they couldn't use touch screen controls in the question before that. My guess is that they really couldn't use the touch screen because they had to use all the resources available to get it to run properly. The CPU is really poor on the 3DS compared to the Wii CPU. There isn't any laziness involved.

ZeroX03

Banned
I am totally fine. But as I read the entire thread I can see TheMoon is the ringleader here and Zero will defend the issues this port has to the death. No reason to argue with these folks regarding obvious flaws.

I don't think I've done that once in this thread. Feel free to quote me if I have. I've defended the visuals of Xenoblade as a game, applied to both the Wii and 3DS versions and that's about it.

Hell, I even criticized Nintendo. They undershipped the cover plates and I almost missed out. Oh, and they didn't give me my pre-order theme.

Ryfferr

I don't think I've done that once in this thread. Feel free to quote me if I have. I've defended the visuals of Xenoblade as a game, applied to both the Wii and 3DS versions and that's about it.

Hell, I even criticized Nintendo. They undershipped the cover plates and I almost missed out. Oh, and they didn't give me my pre-order theme.

If you preordered from EB NZ, I emailed them about it and they sent me a scan of the flier with the code for the theme in it.

Idk about any other retailers but I'd assume it's the same.

CaLe

Really debating getting this or trying to find a Wii copy... Anyone in the same spot and ended up getting the 3DS copy ? Any regrets ?

ZeroX03

Banned
If you preordered from EB NZ, I emailed them about it and they sent me a scan of the flier with the code for the theme in it.

Idk about any other retailers but I'd assume it's the same.

Different retailer but they said they would ask Nintendo about it. I'm not too worried. It's just a theme!

It just keeps coming up as an issue as I play where I naturally want to just use the touchscreen to select a party member or things like that.

The controls as they are now work totally fine. It is more so the clutter on the top screen that is the issue.

I didn't really think about the CPU as a limitation for using the touch screen. That could be it given how demanding this game likely is. Plus I haven't had any slowdown so they did a great job optimizing it.

Yeah, it would have been nice to change your party setup directly on the touch screen. The map is on ZR, so I don't think that's much of an issue, other than wanting the full map on the lower screen. But, I've played it on Wii before so I know the areas fairly well already and I don't use the map much.

It's a game that wasn't originally made for 3DS and it shows, but it's still really nice to have it on a handheld.

Really debating getting this or trying to find a Wii copy... Anyone in the same spot and ended up getting the 3DS copy ? Any regrets ?

I own both versions and I prefer the 3DS version. Unless you plan on playing it in Dolphin or on a CRT, I would definitely recommend the 3DS version.

Ryfferr

Just finished the last of Kacha's quests.

Oh my god I was totally not prepared for those 3 giant ass spiders. Nope'd my way out of there.

Hugstable

Banned
No thanks

I have done my best to ignore you. Being in the amiibo thread a lot especially.

So please. Leave me alone and don't attack me. I've reported you to mods.

You've broken the truce.

And no.

TheMoon could have easily replied with details. Made it seem like said details were even good, which they weren't. And I'm calling out the BS

So either ADD to the discussion or leave me alone.

You just have to keep it going... Anyways. I'm done talking to you. I discussed with you last time I would leave you alone and you would do the same. I've ignored you on my own. However you have to come in with the personal attack today. You obviously under the assumption I had you on ignore go about personally attacking me thinking I can't see it. Real nice.

Also keep your enemies close. Ignore function isn't a good way to do that.

Do you seriously bring this drama with you wherever you go or soemthing. Chill out.

Hugstable

Banned
We better. I do, at least. Hadn't loved an RPG this much since the 16bit days.

There is no Xenogears for Wii U. Xenoblade Chronicles X is coming out in 2 weeks in Japan and later this year in the rest of the world.

Yeah this is really awesome so far on the 3DS. Took me a few minutes to get used to it, but now the game is awesome and honestly looks fine, pretty much on par with the Wii game just on a way smaller screen. Pretty much bought my New 3DS just for this and the better looking MH4 so I'm pretty happy so far with how the game is running. Still incredible going up near Tephra Cave and seeing Colony 9 below, still blows my mind, especially seeing something like that now coming off my 3DS screen.

The constant digs "it's just a free theme" and obvious rude tone is ridiculous.

I'll keep playing and stick with the other community I'm in for this game.

Yeeesh

"One guy makes a joke, you are all bad"

lol

ZeroX03

Banned
I would say Xenoblade is my favorite console RPG of the seventh gen. I'd have to sit down and think over whether it's my favorite of the entire generation because there's a whole lot of DS and PSP gems. Replaying it currently with an understanding of the mechanics from the beginning is really great.

(I also don't really consider Demon's Souls an RPG otherwise it would be tougher call.)

Hugstable

Banned
I don't want to deal with the individuals that have been attacking me so far. I come in and get attacked. No thanks. I'll move on. Feel proud these people represent this OT and drive people out.

Are you being serious right now? I don't mean to be a dick, but you came in here asking for certain info, in which The Moon told you where you could maybe look for it. To which you replied with a dickish "No Thanks". Then you go on to tell him to show you the exact part. First off, you can look through it yourself, it's not the Moon's job to find shit for you. If you have any interest you would have checked yourself, but you went and started being an ass about it. Sorry but this is nowhere near you getting attacked first.

Are you being serious right now? I don't mean to be a dick, but you came in here asking for certain info, in which The Moon told you where you could maybe look for it. To which you replied with a dickish "No Thanks". Then you go on to tell him to show you the exact part. First off, you can look through it yourself, it's not the Moon's job to find shit for you. If you have any interest you would have checked yourself, but you went and started being an ass about it. Sorry but this is nowhere near you getting attacked first.

Removed my posts

I usually give people details instead of sending them off. To me it's just rude but in his case seems to be he is self moderating this place which shouldn't be happening. Also people here that don't like me and have pushed me out. I would rather just not deal with these people and move on since they couldn't and started the attacks.

Bye!

Hugstable

Banned
Removed my posts.

Bye!

And everyone also has them quoted? Don't know what that accomplishes, but ok!

Removed my posts

I usually give people details instead of sending them off. To me it's just rude but in his case seems to be he is self moderating this place which shouldn't be happening. Also people here that don't like me and have pushed me out. I would rather just not deal with these people and move on since they couldn't and started the attacks.

Bye!

Yes, him showing you where to find info is self moderating. He's the TC, and he's currently enjoying the game, I don't see what you are getting at here, or what that actually has to do with what the Moon told you about where to find the info and how that is "self-moderating" But sure take one person making a joke and condemn a whole community/topic. Grow up.

EDIT: I'm done with this too, I wanna play the game and discuss it now haha. Kinda impulse bought it after a night of drinking last night, and forgot I'm still playing Dark Souls 2 Scholars. Gonna be hard to juggle both games, but I've pretty much been playing Xenoblade since late last night when I picked up the game, still haven't slept lol.

There is no Xenogears for Wii U. Xenoblade Chronicles X is coming out in 2 weeks in Japan and later this year in the rest of the world.

Ark like ship escaping Earth crashes on an alien world. Mechs and shit.

It's Xenogears!

In my dreams.

Also, Byron drama is becoming a daily event on GAF.

Parshias7

Scumbag NoE locked the best theme behind the digital version.

Interesting to read through the OP and see that they patched the auto attack damage bug. (which I didn't even know about until I read it in a FAQ like 2 days before this game came out) Makes me wish they fixed more than just that. Your party members still spawn on top of you when you're trying to climb some vines and slow you down. Monster Games pls.

oakenhild

You were under leveled or you're not using your Arts to the best of their abilities.

At that point I'm level 21.

Ok, yea, I was definitely underleveled in that case. I beat him at level 17. Certainly explains why I had such a difficult time killing the
mechon that had juju prior to colony 6
. I did one-shot him somehow, but it was a struggle!

I think it might be wise if I explored a little while before continuing on with the story!

Hugstable

Banned
Ok, yea, I was definitely underleveled in that case. I beat him at level 17. Certainly explains why I had such a difficult time killing the
mechon that had juju prior to colony 6
. I did one-shot him somehow, but it was a struggle!

I think it might be wise if I explored a little while before continuing on with the story!

It's always good to do exploring since it helps you do quests and stuff. I always look around every zone completely and whatever quests I haven't finished from the area after that I usually save for later

oakenhild

It's always good to do exploring since it helps you do quests and stuff. I always look around every zone completely and whatever quests I haven't finished from the area after that I usually save for later

Good idea. I was actually sort of worried about getting over-leveled by exploring and killing too many things. I need to find a better balance, I think.

Parshias7

Is there not a monster armor drop guide anywhere? The wiki isn't complete and it seems no one cares beyond end game sets.

Honestly I've never felt the need to farm monsters for armor drops apart from the end game stuff. Just swap out the stuff you get from UMs as you get them, sprinkle in some of the stuff you get from the silver chests from normal mobs and you'll be fine. Just stick with stuff that has slots.

Of course, I do a bunch of sidequests so having the most up to date armor is probably not super important in my case.

TheMoon

I'd just like to say that I love my username so much. I shouldn't be but I'm laughing like an idiot while reading this because it sounds so silly when you're talking about how it isn't the moon's job to find shit for someone. :D

*clears throat* Oh and yes, I appreciate your defending me but I think we should just let him be on his way since he wants no part of this anymore.

Scumbag NoE locked the best theme behind the digital version.

Interesting to read through the OP and see that they patched the auto attack damage bug. (which I didn't even know about until I read it in a FAQ like 2 days before this game came out)

Someone claims it actually wasn't fixed. But nobody is testing it or knows how to figure it out really.

Hugstable

Banned
I'd just like to say that I love my username so much. I shouldn't be but I'm laughing like an idiot while reading this because it sounds so silly when you're talking about how it isn't the moon's job to find shit for someone. :D

*clears throat* Oh and yes, I appreciate your defending me but I think we should just let him be on his way since he wants no part of this anymore.

haha yeah I'm already over it, just made it to one of my favorite areas Bionis Leg! I gotta stick it through the game this time, my first time I tried playing Xenoblade I didn't know about the sidequests and have major OCD trying to finish them off, ended up giving up in Makna Forest. This time though, I'm going prepared to make sure I don't overdo the massive amount of content in this game

haha yeah I'm already over it, just made it to one of my favorite areas Bionis Leg! I gotta stick it through the game this time, my first time I tried playing Xenoblade I didn't know about the sidequests and have major OCD trying to finish them off, ended up giving up in Makna Forest. This time though, I'm going prepared to make sure I don't overdo the massive amount of content in this game

Yeah I had to tell myself from the beginning that I wouldn't go crazy with the sidequests because it was becoming really apparent that there was too many to handle and I'd end up burning myself out and dropping the game. So I just accept all the quests I can find and complete them as I just run around the area exploring.

TheMoon

I gotta stick it through the game this time, my first time I tried playing Xenoblade I didn't know about the sidequests and have major OCD trying to finish them off, ended up giving up in Makna Forest. This time though, I'm going prepared to make sure I don't overdo the massive amount of content in this game

In the Wii version, I played it in waves. For example, I spent about a week just doing a ton of sidequests I had accumulated throughout the adventure at one point. I like going back to older areas and clean up sidequests after I have progressed much further. Gives me a reason to see those places again, maybe check out other areas where enemies previously gave me a hard time or maybe even one-hitted me into oblivion.

Overside

Banned
Ark like ship escaping Earth crashes on an alien world. Mechs and shit.

It's Xenogears!

In my dreams.

Also, Byron drama is becoming a daily event on GAF.

Hmmm... Not quite.... Gears takes place thousands of years after that....

We are playing the events depicted in the intro to gears!!!!!

Adamator

Finally started playing tonight. Love it already.

I have an issue with the controls and UI. It says I can press start when a new tutorial is available but nothing happens when I press start.

It also says I can see an item's "qualities" when I press start, but again, it doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

Anyone?

nan0

Finally started playing tonight. Love it already.

I have an issue with the controls and UI. It says I can press start when a new tutorial is available but nothing happens when I press start.

Not sure, maybe it refers to the brief time a buff/debuff hint appears on the right when in a battle? Otherwise the tutorials are in Menu => Journal => Turorials. Any new one should be marked.

It also says I can see an item's "qualities" when I press start, but again, it doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

It should work when you do it on the equipment screen. The item probably needs to have a gem in it to show qualities.

So I was thinking of picking this up but I'm deciding between a few games, do you guys think this will become a pain to find if I wait too long?

Soul Beat

I seem to have run into a bit of a snag. For a Challenge Quest in the Bionis' Leg it's asking me to slay a Vagrant Alfead. Only problem is, I already defeated him before I got this quest. Plus, he doesn't seem to be appearing anymore.

Anything I can do or should I just ignore it and move on?

Hugstable

Banned
So I was thinking of picking this up but I'm deciding between a few games, do you guys think this will become a pain to find if I wait too long?

Hopefully this game shouldn't have the supply issues the Wii Version had since this atleast is getting sold in other stores besides Gamestop this time, but if anything there will always be the digital version. I know there are many that never go digital though, and honestly I think the game shouldn't become too rare to the point where you wouldn't be able to find it in a couple months.

Ryfferr

I seem to have run into a bit of a snag. For a Challenge Quest in the Bionis' Leg it's asking me to slay a Vagrant Alfead. Only problem is, I already defeated him before I got this quest. Plus, he doesn't seem to be appearing anymore.

Anything I can do or should I just ignore it and move on?

Do what I did, go near the spot, save and reload until it appears again.

Hugstable

Banned
Is there a way to get rid of the Story Memo icon at the top of the screen? I know how to check the Story Memos, but even after checking it the icon still stays up there.

nan0

Is there a way to get rid of the Story Memo icon at the top of the screen? I know how to check the Story Memos, but even after checking it the icon still stays up there.

You can turn off the waypoint indicator in the options, not sure if that also gets rid of the Story memo icon.

Ok so I'm not a huge RPG player but I bought this because I heard good things. I'm still really early into the game but like it so far. The battles feel like they are really hectic though and a lot going on.

Two things I don't understand when I approach an enemy I can initiate attack, right afterwards it prompts my with a B button and when I do this I feel like my team has a stronger initial attack. Is this better than sneaking up on them and using Shulks behind the back attack? I don't even understand why the game prompts with B to begin with?

Also what is going on when there's a neon colored beam connecting the team?

Dice//

Banned
Ok so I'm not a huge RPG player but I bought this because I heard good things. I'm still really early into the game but like it so far. The battles feel like they are really hectic though and a lot going on.

Two things I don't understand when I approach an enemy I can initiate attack, right afterwards it prompts my with a B button and when I do this I feel like my team has a stronger initial attack. Is this better than sneaking up on them and using Shulks behind the back attack? I don't even understand why the game prompts with B to begin with?

Also what is going on when there's a neon colored beam connecting the team?

B button battle initiations also 'encourages' party members, this means you get the <3 for it: I think the formal name is "Burst Affinity".

First, it raises the character's tension ---- essentially their morale as shown by their battle portrait (they look angrier and, literally, 'fired up'). Tension affects the accuracy of attacks, the amount of damage during chain attacks, and the probability of "critical healing".

Second, it raises affinity between the characters, making it easier to do chain attacks in the future.

And a small third: Affinity can also help when creating Gems (the weapon power-up attachments). More than likely you'll be able to build a quick and budding friendship with Reyn given he's the first and longest staying party member.

So yeah, initiate those battles!

Top Bottom