• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Alrus

Gvaz said:
That's kind of how it goes when a large majority of the thread doesn't even have their copies yet.

But do people really care if someone else didn't get there copies today? Or Yesterday etc etc? It's a pointless post and some people's question or even talk about the game get drowned in "still nothing in the mail boohoo" posts, it's annoying.

C-Jo

Got my shipping notification email from Zavvi this morning, but who knows how long it'll take to get here.

Oh well, more time for Deus Ex I guess.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
flyover said:
Maybe there should be two threads. One OT about the game itself, and one about its acquisition.

lol thread titles

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| We got the game : it all starts from here
Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| first we must quest to find the game before our journey can begin

squall23

So I finally decided to get
Monado's hidden skills
after missing them in my Japanese run. Heck, I didn't even know they existed until recently.
One attack, one defence

Zafir

It's funny, I tend to ignore threads while I'm waiting for games to arrive after the release date. Too risky in terms of spoilers.
squall23 said:
So I finally decided to get
Monado's hidden skills
after missing them in my Japanese run. Heck, I didn't even know they existed until recently.
One attack, one defence
Wuht, there's secret skills? I take it they're further in, I'm only at the high entia city at the moment.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I just got
Dunban
do all his weapons damage Mechon or just the one he starts with? If the latter should I keep it or just sell it and rely on Shulk's buff as usual?

Or do none of his weapons damage Mechon without Shulk's buff anyway and it's all just for show? I haven't used him at all yet or anything, but I might soon...

wsippel

Banned
Gvaz said:
That's kind of how it goes when a large majority of the thread doesn't even have their copies yet.
A bit sad, really - by the time the most active members in this thread boot up the game for the first time, us Europeans will already have finished it...

Peagles

Zafir said:
It's funny, I tend to ignore threads while I'm waiting for games to arrive after the release date. Too risky in terms of spoilers.

Miraculously, even though I'm reading this thread I've managed to avoid any spoilers.

And I'm very pleased that my Classic Controller Pro does indeed match my red Wii, so pretty!

Unfortunately due to work/school commitments I can't play this until November, maybe I'll start a LTTP thread to discuss it then :lol

Alrus

Alextended said:
I just got
Dunban
do all his weapons damage Mechon or just the one he starts with? If the latter should I keep it or just sell it and rely on Shulk's buff as usual?

Well his later weapons don't that's for sure.

wsippel said:
A bit sad, really - by the time the most active members in this thread boot up the game for the first time, us Europeans will already have finished it...
Then they all will be in the spoil thread and then the new people can play together here lol. It all works

Labadal

Did not think the battle system was that good at first, but it is growing on me. Reminds me of FFXII only you have to use skills manually. Still not very far in, exploring Colony 9 and doing quests. Gameworld is big and I love that. The music is great and I love the whole night/day cycle and the different music used.

Did some exploring on my own and I got killed by level 70+ monsters. :O

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
udivision said:
Monster Hunter has pretty bad text with composite cables. Is this game worse than that?
It was mostly fine on my SDTV except for the equipment stat text screen which was near impossible to read when red or blue (indicating if it's worse or better than your current). But setting it to widescreen fixed it all with no downsides whatsoever since it runs widescreen even when set to 4:3 and just fills the rest area with black bars.

udivision said:
Monster Hunter has pretty bad text with composite cables. Is this game worse than that?

It's about the same, assuming you're playing on a 4:3 SDTV with letterboxing. On an HDTV or in 16:9 mode it's perfectly fine. The font is unappealing either way, though.

Phenomic

Alrus said:
But do people really care if someone else didn't get there copies today? Or Yesterday etc etc? It's a pointless post and some people's question or even talk about the game get drowned in "still nothing in the mail boohoo" posts, it's annoying.

Yeah I actually do care who gets their copies because it's good to see if everyone around you has the game and you don't yet. I mean if 15 other people got their orders and you didn't, and both orders were placed at the same time in similar locations than it alerts you to a potential problem.

Considering we have no way to track the items it's nice to have some way to judge if there is an issue. I mean it's the United States Post Office I don't exactly trust them to handle my stuff anyway, so I want to know as soon as possible if they screwed up.

mjc

Torillian said:
Order from Game arrived today in Milwaukee, WI. Was dispatched Late night Monday last week.

Not sure if we're still doing these reports for NA imports but I figured I might as well.

I hope my order from The Hut shows up in the next couple days then. I'm right near you.

squall23

Zafir said:

Wuht, there's secret skills? I take it they're further in, I'm only at the high entia city at the moment.
Actually, one is in
Makna Forest
, the other is quite a bit further in. There are also
hidden skill trees
for every character as well.

Alrus

Phenomic said:
Yeah I actually do care who gets their copies because it's good to see if everyone around you has the game and you don't yet. I mean if 15 other people got their orders and you didn't, and both orders were placed at the same time in similar locations than it alerts you to a potential problem.

Considering we have no way to track the items it's nice to have some way to judge if there is an issue. I mean it's the United States Post Office I don't exactly trust them to handle my stuff anyway, so I want to know as soon as possible if they screwed up.

Fine then the person can post when they Get their copies and not when they don't.

Anyway, on topic, Eryth Sea is awesome but a bit annoying to navigate imo.

Zwei

LiK said:
No Xenoblade today.

Ordering stuff from Europe is a royal pain-in-the-ass. Why isn't there a Play-Asia equivalent in Europe? :-/

Fucking Amazon UK won't ship games internationally, either.. ARGH!!

wsippel

Banned
By the way, I'm rather surprised and happy the fanart crowd didn't go wild with this game yet. This isn't much of a spoiler, considering it's a Takahashi game and all, but
they'd have a field day with Mayneth...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Really enjoy the the game so far, even though I am just wondering around a field. I love how the appearance of things actually change when I equip different things. Also, now I know why the game's Original Title was Mondo. The way the game handle battles is great too.

Really hope my computer can maintain the framerate. During the opening part, it was struggling at 20, but now in this field area, it is giving a solid 30 FPS. I think the game may actually be performing worse now that I patched it to run at 30 FPS instead of 25 though, but don't want to have to rerip the game.

I feel a bit bad that I have already replaced the custom made sword the second guy has 20 minutes into the game.

Chanser

Zwei said:
Ordering stuff from Europe is a royal pain-in-the-ass. Why isn't there a Play-Asia equivalent in Europe? :-/

Fucking Amazon UK won't ship games internationally, either.. ARGH!!

I'm sure you know why.

Clevinger

Is there any way to turn down the volume of voices? The VO is ok, but it seems way too loud in battle and it gets really repetitive.

Peagles

On a related note, has anyone in Aus/NZ tried registered UK Xenoblade with our own Club Nintendo? It has the same red slip that the 3DS games have, and a lot of the UK 3DS games were identical to here and registerable on our Club Nintendo, so I'm wondering if I should give it a try...

Zafir

Peagles said:
On a related note, has anyone in Aus/NZ tried registered UK Xenoblade with our own Club Nintendo? It has the same red slip that the 3DS games have, and a lot of the UK 3DS games were identical to here and registerable on our Club Nintendo, so I'm wondering if I should give it a try...
What's stopping you? Nothing to lose is there?

I just checked the mail AND I GOT IT! :) Bad thing, is that I have to leave for work. :( Oh well. Anyway, I was curious, does Nintendo lock the Club Nintendo code out from anyone outside the UK and surrounding countries?

chris121580 said:
Was it regular mail or UPS? Still waiting patiently for mine
It came USPS.

Peagles

Zafir said:
What's stopping you? Nothing to lose is there?

There's some OCD thing about scratching the card and then having it not work that is stopping me...

All my UK 3DS games that are third party worked, except for DOA (perhaps that is published by Nintendo here and is counted as first party, like SSFIV, I'm not sure)...

Varion

Goddamn, been on the game for about 8 hours today and I haven't advanced the plot a single scene. Just been doing quests.

Just hit the 200 mark!

vitacola

A Human Becoming said:
I 100% support this title. Get on it Stump!
+1

20 hours in the game now:
(a little hint for the spoiler: ponpon + lvl35)
The Nopon (are they called like that in the English version?) Village and the forest are my favourite areas so far. All the little details, things to explore and those cute little Nopons :D Just reached lvl35 only with exploring their village. Lovely. I also like how the story evolves now. I have the feeling that it's going to be awesome.

Diffense

Alrus said:
I swear, 75% of the posts are people talking about import. Some pages are probably only that :/

I skip over all posts except those related to importing, shipping, game arrival.
Why the hell would I want to read about the game (risking spoilers) and I don't have it yet?
You should do likewise for posts not relevant to you and stop complaining.

Top Bottom