• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
JoeFenix said:
Let's not lose our heads though! Let's not lose our heads though! Let's not lose our heads though!

Now it's Reyn time! Leave it to Reyn! Now it's Reyn time! Leave it to Reyn! Now it's Reyn time! Leave it to Reyn!

Zafir

Out_Of_Ammo said:
Just beat an elite crab that was 4 lvl's higher than me. Took me 7 tries but finally got him :p. But it's kind of sad that everything else story related is to low lvl for me :( even the bosses go down without a fight. I guess I'll have to stop doing every sidequest that I get... but it's sooo addictive :(
Yeah I stopped doing a lot of sidequests, and now the main story is definitely posing more of a challenge.

RPGCrazied

schennmu said:
Oh, and where the hell is RPGCrazied? He either has the game or he's suffering from a nervous breakdown I guess...

Nah. After a mod pretty much said I was pirating the game without reading the whole thread for the truth, and everyone teasing me about getting their copies first, I just felt like leaving.

At this point I probably won't get it today or tomorrow either.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
schennmu said:
Oh, and where the hell is RPGCrazied? He either has the game or he's suffering from a nervous breakdown I guess...

I was just wondering the same thing.

RPGCrazied said:
Nah. After a mod pretty much said I was pirating the game without reading the whole thread for the truth, and everyone teasing me about getting their copies first, I just felt like leaving.

There you are! Don't take stump so seriously and we only tease because we care. <3

So after I spend 25 minutes redistributing all of my equipment and gems to my main party of Dunban/Melia/Shulk, travelling a little to Alcamoth, Melia takes off and is going to get herself killed. Just for once in an RPG I'd love for a character to refuse to subject themselves to a 'trial in order to prove themselves, a trial so obviously orchestrated by plainly evil character, the stepmom in this case, so that I wouldn't have to face some daunting boss battle. So now I'm using Dunban/Shulk/Sharla since I can't be arsed to go save Melia and face another boss.

Story:
So the evil stepmom quite clearly hates Homs due to their diluting the bloodline of the High Entia and seems to be employing the Bionis Order of assassins, who I presume are creating the Faced Mechon, in order to wipe out the Homs. And Bionis seems to be coming back to life. Also, when fighting the Bionis Order Shulk was hitting a lot of 1's, then doing damage all of a sudden - how/why did that happen?

Got a load of quests from
Alcamoth
so I'm going to do some of those before I wander back to the story. The
Eryth Sea
seems a very confusing area though and I'm not quite looking forward to having to explore it. Seems kind of daunting.

I also got a sidequest in
Colony 6 asking me to find two children in the Ether Mine. I found one at the start, but couldn't find the other. Anyone know where he is?

Pyrokai said:
So I'm not the only one painfully waiting to receive this package from the UK? I ordered mine from Game, and I live in the US. Anyone else still waiting? :(

Yup. My order was dispatched from Game a week ago today and I live in Florida.

KarmaCow

RPGCrazied said:

I bet 400 buck
ets of nothing
that you get it today,

CSSer

CruxisMana said:
I also got a sidequest in
Colony 6 asking me to find two children in the Ether Mine. I found one at the start, but couldn't find the other. Anyone know where he is?

Nikita is outside the mines, on the hills (I think it's called drainage or something)

Dragon

Banned
JumpingTheGun said:

So if you get it today I should get mine on Friday, perfect timing to play all weekend (when I'm not celebrating my birthday!). w00t

RPGCrazied said:

If he actually thought you were pirating the game he would have banned you. Keep your chin up, you must be younger, at least I have a lot to do at work to keep me busy. And I just hooked up my shiny black Wii yesterday. Gonna mod it tonight!

Pyrokai

JumpingTheGun said:

Okay, glad I'm not the only one. I wish I could know where it is other than that it was "dispatched" last week. Rather annoying. I'm not even sure how it's arriving (UPS, USPS, FedEx).

TheBranca18 said:
So if you get it today I should get mine on Friday, perfect timing to play all weekend (when I'm not celebrating my birthday!).

I think he means he still hasn't received his yet either. I live in Ohio. I will let you guys know when I receive my game *crosses fingers for today*

CruxisMana said:

Story:
Also, when fighting the Bionis Order Shulk was hitting a lot of 1's, then doing damage all of a sudden - how/why did that happen?

Yeah, that was odd. I was trying to remove any auras and enchanting weapons but he just didn't do any damage. Not that I really cared considering how overpowered my guys are at this point.

And I think
Eryth Sea
is a rather well-assorted area actually.
Just lot's of small and neatly arranged islands that are easy to (fast) travel on.
I liked it.

Dragon

Banned
Pyrokai said:
Okay, glad I'm not the only one. I wish I could know where it is other than that it was "dispatched" last week. Rather annoying. I'm not even sure how it's arriving (UPS, USPS, FedEx).

If you went Royal Mail then it would be USPS according to Game's site.

Pyrokai said:
I think he means he still hasn't received his yet either. I live in Ohio. I will let you guys know when I receive my game *crosses fingers for today*

Yeah I was just trying to be funny and saying if he got his today I should get mine on Friday since they would both be a week after shipping.

McNum

CruxisMana said:
Story:
So the evil stepmom quite clearly hates Homs due to their diluting the bloodline of the High Entia and seems to be employing the Bionis Order of assassins, who I presume are creating the Faced Mechon, in order to wipe out the Homs. And Bionis seems to be coming back to life. Also, when fighting the Bionis Order Shulk was hitting a lot of 1's, then doing damage all of a sudden - how/why did that happen?
It's the Monado.
Remember back to the beginning of the game, what do we know of the Monado? It cuts up Mechon really well, but it cannot cut people. Up until that point, you've never fought a person, only monsters and mechs. So attempt to cut a person with the Monado and you get 1s.
It makes sense in context, really.

McNum said:
It's the Monado.
Remember back to the beginning of the game, what do we know of the Monado? It cuts up Mechon really well, but it cannot cut people. Up until that point, you've never fought a person, only monsters and mechs. So attempt to cut a person with the Monado and you get 1s.
It makes sense in context, really.
Uh, DUH. How could I forget that. :lol

Zornica

Banned
slaughterking said:
Yeah, that was odd. I was trying to remove any auras and enchanting weapons but he just didn't do any damage.

didn't you pay any attention to the main story? the monado
CAN'T HURT PEOPLE
. thats why you didn't do any dmg.

edit: beaten -_-

LProtag

RPGCrazied said:

Stump? I'm pretty sure when he posted that picture it was totally in jest, I mean, look at it.

And everyone's teasing everyone about getting their copies first, just you're kinda high on the list because you're so excited about the game so it makes you an obvious target, haha.

I'm hoping to get mine today but who knows. I'm assuming mine came in to NYC or something.

LProtag

robotzombie said:
So no one who's ordered from game in the US got it yet? What were we paying extra for? I thought they were the go to for importing

A few people have gotten it from GAME, though they all seem to be from the west coast and mid-west area from what I remember.

wrowa

wrowa said:
Okay, I need help, I still can't decide what to do in the Zukazu and Jiroque quest.
Which choice is the "right" one? Giving the orb to Zukazu or to Jiroque? Will Zukazu come back to the Colony or will he be vanished forever?
Anyone? ;(

eshock

I did the quest on Bionis' leg to collect the Ponio neck meat (ew) for Ewan to convince him to write a story. After doing so, I'm supposed to return to talk to the lady who gave me the quest originally. I remember her being in the cave at the refugee camp, but now I can't find her anywhere! Any ideas where I should look?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I left my Wii on overnight after playing this and now my Wii's picture has a red tint, which persists after reboots and replugs, did I fry the GPU :(

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
eshock said:
I did the quest on Bionis' leg to collect the Ponio neck meat (ew) for Ewan to convince him to write a story. After doing so, I'm supposed to return to talk to the lady who gave me the quest originally. I remember her being in the cave at the refugee camp, but now I can't find her anywhere! Any ideas where I should look?
I'm not that far yet, but maybe it's a time of day thing? People move/disappear at different times of day.

mclem

eshock said:

During the day she's sitting at the right table in the main chamber of the cave.

eshock said:
I believe she sits at the table inside the main part of the cave, her name begins with M, so check your affinity grid to see the time she'll be there

I'm stuck on this side quest:
where the guard inside Tephra Cave tells you he buried something valuable outside the entrance to the cave. I've checked the entrance and the exit where the ether cylinders are and I can't find it, I don't really know what I'm looking for but I assumed it would be a red, glowing light like the other fetch quests. Any help?

Sennorin said:
well, the child inside the mine actually tells you that the other child didn´t make it as far, so, just learn to read :p

Ooooh.
I must have misread and I though he said that the other kid had made it further in.

:LOL

slaughterking said:
Uh, DUH. How could I forget that. :lol

You and me both. The thought did cross my mind though.
I'm guessing Shulk is going to become less useful from here on out.

Just a little something bugging me about the following area
High Entia Tomb

I found the special area
Second Treasury
(worth finding and not out of your way
those glasses are great
) but I understand there is a second area like it (apparently called
Imperial Treasury
), however, what I assume is the door to it won't open. Anyone have any ideas why?

PumpkinPie said:
where the guard inside Tephra Cave tells you he buried something valuable outside the entrance to the cave. I've checked the entrance and the exit where the ether cylinders are and I can't find it, I don't really know what I'm looking for but I assumed it would be a red, glowing light like the other fetch quests. Any help?
This might be a different quest I'm thinking of but it involves a similar theme
The outside before guar plains?

mjc

Pyrokai said:
So I'm not the only one painfully waiting to receive this package from the UK? I ordered mine from Game, and I live in the US. Anyone else still waiting? :(

I ordered from the hut, but I've resigned to the fact that I'll be waiting a bit longer. I'm pretty patient.

Varion

PumpkinPie said:
From what I remember when I did that one it's buried *just* outside the cave exit. Basically when you leave the cave past where you fought the spider boss, there's a little cliffside area before you climb up the vines, go onto the next screen and enter Gaur Plains. It's a red mark inspect spot on the ground.

Starwolf_UK said:
This might be a different quest I'm thinking of but it involves a similar theme
The outside before guar plains?

Ah, I thought he meant the entrance. Thanks.

EDIT: Thanks to you too, Varion.

Varion

daakusedo said:
Does the game tell you about the end of
eryth sea
timed quests?
Yeah, supposedly it does (I forget who mentioned it now, but the wiki seems to suggest as much as well), and it's not until fairly late in the game.

mclem

PumpkinPie said:

Take note of where the guard said he was coming *from*

epmode

Pyrokai said:
Mine was shipped from GAME to NJ on Tuesday using Royal Mail.. Still hasn't arrived. Maybe tomorrow, SIGH

Loto

robotzombie said:
So no one who's ordered from game in the US got it yet? What were we paying extra for? I thought they were the go to for importing
I live in California, my ordered from GAME was dispatched last Tuesday. Nothing yet, hope today is the day.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I plan on getting this game but I have a question:

Is the battle similar to FFXII and/or Infinite Undiscovery?

Mojojo

daakusedo said:
Does the game tell you about the end of
eryth sea
timed quests?
I 'd like to know too..
I wanted to advance the story so I went to the tomb trial and i am still there.. I hope I can still do the sidequests after that.. And I feared that melia being out of the group she wouldn't level, but it seems she did level even if not in the party..

Top Bottom