• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

zoukka

This game... THIS GAME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

You can jump. You can go fucking anywhere without loading, The initial village and its surroundings are larger than the whole of FFXIII... quests, I'm drowning in them, so many items, enemies, hunts, crafting and just plain running around doing everything...

The story seems like your usual JRPG garbage, but it's sparcely laid out so I don't mind.

JRPG of the generation. Maybe two generations.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
zoukka said:

You can jump. You can go fucking anywhere without loading, The initial village and its surroundings are larger than the whole of FFXIII... quests, I'm drowning in them, so many items, enemies, hunts, crafting and just plain running around doing everything...

The story seems like your usual JRPG garbage, but it's sparcely laid out so I don't mind.

Its definitely up there with the best of the PS2 RPG's, which is huge.

RPGCrazied said:
How long have you been waiting?

I also emailed Zavvi about it. Can they tell if my package at least arrived to my state or at least left the UK? Surely...
Zavvi clearly says estimated delivery time overseas is 10 to 15 working days. It has only been 8. Calm down.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
slaughterking said:
There's no real consensus, but more people prefer the Classic Controller.
Most people don't even seem to try the wiimote + nunchuck, I guess because many players seem to be of those that didn't really care about the Wii so they go where their comfort zone is, which is the CC. The wiimote + nunchuck combo works fine, there are no downsides, it's comfortable to hold and in combat you can select arts at the same time you move your character around. I guess there was no reason to require c to be held to control the camera out of combat but it's not an issue. Anyway, freaking Monster Hunter worked brilliantly with the wiimote + nunchuck too, and this game isn't nearly as demanding of the player, anyone looking to save a few bucks, or even those who just don't have any real CC optimised games (like Tatsunoko vs Capcom or other fighters), shouldn't feel the need to get a CC just for this one.

Toma said:
Was there anyone preferring the Wiimote? Didnt read that.
Yeah, Aeana for example. Some people just think the Wiimote/Nunchuck setup is more comfortable and they like to select Arts and walk at the same time.

zoukka said:

I know its really a shame that NOA abandoned such a magnificent title that would've been the "Baten Kaitos Origins" of the Wii.

2San

Going back doing some old quests. I can't for life of my find those damn light skeet. I see little ones, medium ones, prom ones. Where the hell are the light ones?

Dunbar

Ordered Monday, ASDA just charged my card this afternoon (and triggered my bank's anti-fraud process, so I had to confirm via phone that the charge was legit, hope that doesn't hold anything up). Hope it ships soon, so I can play the waiting game too.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Maybe they're only out @ night? There was an insect that showed up at night in Bionis Leg but I guess your quest is about other stuff in Colony 9 instead, I dunno.

2San

Alextended said:
Maybe they're only out @ night? There was an insect that showed up at night in Bionis Leg but I guess your quest is about other stuff in Colony 9 instead, I dunno.
It's a colony 9 quest so I dunno. :|

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Reveirg said:
Yeah, though GAME says 4 to 6 days and it's been 7-8 now!
GAME.co.uk said:
Before contacting GAME to report a lost order or late delivery, please follow steps 1, 2 and 3 below:

2. Has it been 15 days, not including Sundays (or 28 days for international orders) since your order was dispatched?
You guys have a loooooong way to go before your games are considered "late."

Alextended said:
Most people don't even seem to try the wiimote + nunchuck, I guess because many players seem to be of those that didn't really care about the Wii so they go where their comfort zone is, which is the CC. The wiimote + nunchuck combo works fine, there are no downsides, it's comfortable to hold and in combat you can select arts at the same time you move your character around. I guess there was no reason to require c to be held to control the camera out of combat but it's not an issue. Anyway, freaking Monster Hunter worked brilliantly with the wiimote + nunchuck too, and this game isn't nearly as demanding of the player, anyone looking to save a few bucks, or even those who just don't have any real CC optimised games (like Tatsunoko vs Capcom or other fighters), shouldn't feel the need to get a CC just for this one.
Well, to be fair, there is a game bundle with the Classic Controller; so most of the suspicion towards the W/N combo comes probably from Nintendos's own battered confidence.

28 days lol. well at least post some pictures up of your armor.

RPGCrazied said:
Yeah. But why did people from the same state as me, one of which had the same type shipping as me, have it?
they dislike us gays bro. deal with it.

Varion

2San said:
Going back doing some old quests. I can't for life of my find those damn light skeet. I see little ones, medium ones, prom ones. Where the hell are the light ones?
http://i.imgur.com/rSFDy.jpg Where my position icon is there. Leave town by the exit closest to Dunban's house, head north on the map and follow the land round. Should be with a bunch of armadillos by the water iirc. Daytime only of course.

cacildo

"A selfish girl´s mistake"

I can find kiroki, but I JUST CANT FIND NIKITA!

What da hell? She is nowhere in the mine!!

And i just pressed A nonstop when kiroki said something, so now i have no clue.

Majmun

Best jrpg of this gen so far.
Tales of Vesperia and Ys Seven are the last good jrpg's I've played. So it was time for another quality jrpg...

Meier

I think I might go ahead and bite on this since it's apparently so easy to modify your Wii to play different region games. I know they're not listed in the OP, but I wanted to confirm that I couldn't order this title from Amazon UK? My brother lives in London.. could he order it and have myself listed as the recipient perhaps?

cacildo said:

Lol i did this too, pressed too fast
Nikita is outside, he didn't make it inside the mine. Go outside to the floating pathways, and jump down to the one below, he'll be on the left to the ledge with a unique mob

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Meier said:
I think I might go ahead and bite on this since it's apparently so easy to modify your Wii to play different region games. I know they're not listed in the OP, but I wanted to confirm that I couldn't order this title from Amazon UK? My brother lives in London.. could he order it and have myself listed as the recipient perhaps?

... He could buy it and ship it to you?

MoogPaul

I came home to a package on my stoop. Devil Survivor: Overclocked. Still a happy package but not the one I'm looking for. Anger is starting to give way to concern.

cacildo

BlazingDarkness said:
Lol i did this too, pressed too fast
Nikita is outside, he didn't make it inside the mine. Go outside to the floating pathways, and jump down to the one below, he'll be on the left to the ledge with a unique mob

thanks!!!!!!!

cacildo said:

Outside the mine. right below the mine. She is being attacked by a lvl 32 bunnit i think. Don't get knocked off!

Late! lol

checked mail on my break. no dice. however, my FFIX collectors guide showed from the UK and guess what? It was delievered by Royal Mail. I read the invoice and it showed that the guide was sent out on the 15th. 9 days. Now Im thinkin Friday could be the key day...

Reveirg

LevityNYC said:
Business days. Today would be the 6th business day.

Dispatched Tuesday.

Wed, Thurs, Fri, Mon, Tues, Wed.

Yeah, I guess we can't count Tuesday. Though in all likelihood it's not coming in today, so tomorrow is already the 7th. Thus, it's already late according to their estimate.

LevityNYC

Banned
Reveirg said:
Yeah, I guess we can't count Tuesday. Though in all likelihood it's not coming in today, so tomorrow is already the 7th. Thus, it's already late according to their estimate.

I have an amazon.com store. We ship 1500-2000 items a day via USPS. NEver be surprised how long something takes. Occasionally a NY - CA package takes 3 days and sometimes a NY to CT package takes 10. There's no rhyme or reason to it at all.

Reveirg said:
There's a window of a few days before or after the estimated date you can receive the item, it's not considered late yet
I think a lot of people are overreacting a bit

Toma

Thanks for your Wiimote impressions guys. I was just toying around with it for a few seconds and thought it was too uncomfortable to hold compared to the CC.

Its awesome that it actually has an advantage though :-o

Reveirg

BlazingDarkness said:
There's a window of a few days before or after the estimated date you can receive the item, it's not considered late yet
I think a lot of people are overreacting a bit

I don't mean to be picky, but all I meant is that it's delivered later than their estimate. In my book, that's late. I won't be reporting it late however.

And I'm not going crazy over it... I have a big week at work anyway, I just hope it gets here by friday as I have the weekend off.

EDIT: Sorry if I sound stubborn over such a small matter, I'm feeling grumpy today... Thanks to everyone for keeping us up to date on their shipping status.

Top Bottom