• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Please learn to use spoiler tags correctly
Good job I was already spoiled on that already, because using a time reference means bugger all, I'm almost 60 hours in and a fair bit behind you.

It needs MASSIVE STORY SPOILER -> next to it

Varion

Franchuzas87 said:
What percentage of the story would you say I am on?
70-75% of the way through.

And yeah that definitely needs a better spoiler tag. Or you could just delete it seen as I've just answered it anyway.

Varion

Franchuzas87 said:
Ok, I just deleted it. I didn't think I was so advanced in proportion to the number of hours. Sorry :(

Thanks, I guess in two days will be over.
I'm up to almost 70 hours playtime and only up to
Great Sword Valley
so yeah, all the hardcore subquesters in here are playing pretty slowly.

Oh well, you deleted it and it doesn't look like anyone got newly spoiled by it (hopefully 'How far in am I...' deterred people who haven't beaten it from looking in the first place) so no worries.

Varion said:
I'm up to almost 70 hours playtime and only up to
Great Sword Valley
so yeah, all the hardcore subquesters in here are playing pretty slowly.

Oh well, you deleted it and it doesn't look like anyone got newly spoiled by it (hopefully 'How far in am I...' deterred people who haven't beaten it from looking in the first place) so no worries.
Maybe I've gone pretty fast. I "only" completed like 100-150 quests because I think I'll go for the 100% in the second round.

I'll go to sleep now, 78:15 and still almost at the same place I was 8 hours ago =D
Before moving on and fight a boss, I'll grind half a level so that everyone is level 65.

I'm really curious to know what time the counter will display when I'm officially done with the first playthrough ^^

Thoraxes

Gvaz said:
In case I didn't mention in there, turn AA and AF in Dolphin off, force them in your control panel instead.
Through the NV control panel, or is there something in dolphin i'm not yet aware of?
I've noticed others screens look more crisper than mine when I even match their settings or even have some things better, which this would actually explain a lot.

Edit: Oh I just read some of your replies there. Yeah, you meant that.

Sophia

Sennorin said:
wat

Japanese Dunban is why I can´t stand the English voice acting :D

Japanese Dunban is why I'd probably play the game in Japanese on a second playthrough. He's the voice of Vegeta after all.

Granted, that's when I actually get the game and no longer have to look at videos on YouTube. :\

Mine was dispatched from Game on the 16th. I live in Florida and while I didn't chose next day shipping I do believe it said only 4-5 days. Hmmm.

Gvaz

Banned
The english voices are really good. Great inflection, doesn't sound like they're reading from a script, etc. Sure it doesn't have BLUM or whatever, but who gives a fuck

NOPE.AVI

dolphin2011-08-2502-3717q5.jpg

emot-stare.gif

Hazanko

Banned
Still can't find the red pollen orb! Argh. Has anyone done the two fighting brothers quest from colony 9 yet? I need it for that quest.

Leeness

Lol, oh, I SEE, zavvi.

I ordered off 365games since they were able to dispatch it soon, and I put in a cancel order for zavvi, which I figured would be fine, since they're still in "processing" and not set to send out until September 30th.

Zavvi said they can't cancel my order because "it's being prepared", hahaha. ~For the next month and a bit~.

According to their FAQ on their site, I can still cancel. You can't if your order is on "in warehouse" or "dispatched", but mine is neither, so they can certainly cancel.

I sent them an email, and I guess I'll call them if they still try to say they can't cancel.

Peagles

I caved and popped this in last night, despite not having the time to sink into it.

It really is a beautiful looking game, I'm loving the mechanics already, and the music is just gorgeous!

Dr. Ecco

Neo Member
OK guys, I'm 30 hours in, currently level 38 and I have the feeling I am terribly overpowered, since all the enemies are 5-10 levels below me.

Anyway, this game is truly a masterpiece of art design. Yesterday I arrived at the
Makna Jungle
, went up a corridor and HOLYFUCKITSSOBEAUTIFUL
the big lake with the waterfalls at the background
... Just wow.

Combat is fantastic and each character really plays out diferently. I just got
the mage girl, don't remember her name right now
, and the combat feels completely different than with, say, Shulk. Besides, the plethora of sub bosses makes up for pretty fun challenges. Yesterday I spent probably a good 2 hours trying to take down a Lvl 40 unique
(gentle rodriguez, if I remember correctly)
while I was at Lvl 36. It kept handing my ass over, but since there is no real penalty for death and the game is so addictive, I just tried it over and over again, adjusting the tactics, switching my main, etc until I killed it. The feeling was way more rewarding than any equipment/EXP...

Great game, and it really feels like those good ole jRPGs of past.

Oh, and kudos to ACE, the OST contributes a lot to the magic of the game.

Sadist

Okay guys, spoilers plus help needed.

I just got at the part where the party needs to fight the Tellethia and Tyrea and for the love of god, I just can't beat them. Maybe I'm underleveled (my party is at lvl 39) but I think's it's more than that. Is there a strategy to beat them?

The most obvious hint I can give is
to focus your party on one enemy and then beat the other one. But you probably thought of that already.
I was definitely overpowered at that point so I don't have any special strategies. I personally used Shulk/Reyn/Sharla and just made sure to disable the Tellethian's aura.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Woah, seeing all the 9 or 10 reviews all over the Internet... for a JRPG!

It's baffling why NOA refuses to localize this. Ah well, time to import :eek:

Antagon

Laughing Banana said:
Woah, seeing all the 9 or 10 reviews all over the Internet... for a JRPG!

It's baffling why NOA refuses to localize this. Ah well, time to import :eek:

You should read the thread. Literally the only negative impression I've read here had to do with the lack of 4:3 support which made the text unreadable on an older tv.

meppi

Leeness said:
Lol, oh, I SEE, zavvi.

I ordered off 365games since they were able to dispatch it soon, and I put in a cancel order for zavvi, which I figured would be fine, since they're still in "processing" and not set to send out until September 30th.

Zavvi said they can't cancel my order because "it's being prepared", hahaha. ~For the next month and a bit~.

According to their FAQ on their site, I can still cancel. You can't if your order is on "in warehouse" or "dispatched", but mine is neither, so they can certainly cancel.

I sent them an email, and I guess I'll call them if they still try to say they can't cancel.
Yep, they do that shit all the time. :(
The hut as well, so beware.

edit.
Thanks shop to! Just like clockwork. Shipped on Tuesday, arrived on Thursday! :D

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Antagon said:
You should read the thread. Literally the only negative impression I've read here had to do with the lack of 4:3 support which made the text unreadable on an older tv.

Well GAF impressions can often seem full of exaggerations, you know? hahaha. But apparently it seems like the whole Internet is agreeing that Xenoblade is one frickin' awesome experience.

This and Skyward Sword should serve me well, methinks.

Sennorin

Banned
okay, i´ve got to be dumb: how do i fast travel between different areas? when I press the minus-button to get to the map, all i can choose are the various fast travel-points within the area I am. But no matter what I press, I can´t choose another area. :>

Sennorin said:
okay, i´ve got to be dumb: how do i fast travel between different areas? when I press the minus-button to get to the map, all i can choose are the various fast travel-points within the area I am. But no matter what I press, I can´t choose another area. :>

Go to the menu and choose 'area maps'. There you can choose between maps of different areas and go to landmarks on other maps then the map you're on.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I think I skipped the sidequests in Colony 9 and got to the big event (wow didn't see that happening - was bummed for a bit) with about 2 hours of play time, I don't think I completed many sidequests to be honest.

I think first play through I will try and get to the main story events to complete it as quick as I can (yeah I know it's counter productive) but if I feel like it will try and complete as much as I can second time around.. any Mini games or such in the game to extend the playability (resi 4 gun range type thing comes to mind)

also any Gaffers who played Last Story, how is it compared to this how does the online work? I never like RPG's in the main but loving this...

I may be sold on the Last Story and Pandora's tower then :D

either way would love to see what Monolith Soft can do on the Wii U or 3DS for that Matter..

Antagon

jufonuk said:
I think I skipped the sidequests in Colony 9 and got to the big event (wow didn't see that happening - was bummed for a bit) with about 2 hours of play time, I don't think I completed many sidequests to be honest.

I think first play through I will try and get to the main story events to complete it as quick as I can (yeah I know it's counter productive) but if I feel like it will try and complete as much as I can second time around.. any Mini games or such in the game to extend the playability (resi 4 gun range type thing comes to mind)

also any Gaffers who played Last Story, how is it compared to this how does the online work? I never like RPG's in the main but loving this...

I may be sold on the Last Story and Pandora's tower then :D

either way would love to see what Monolith Soft can do on the Wii U or 3DS for that Matter..

You can still do the sidquests in Colony 9 after the event, don't worry. There are sidequests that can be removed by events later in the game but they're marked by a clock and all that I've seen have been available for a long time.

MicH

AAAARGH! I just got home and the package waiting me.. WAS NOT XENOBLADE AFTERALL.

Oh god. I can't believe I still don't have it - and I'm in EUROPE. Come on, GAME :(

EDIT: My copy got shipped last TUESDAY. Christ :(

Sadist said:

I just got at the part where the party needs to fight the Tellethia and Tyrea and for the love of god, I just can't beat them. Maybe I'm underleveled (my party is at lvl 39) but I think's it's more than that. Is there a strategy to beat them?

Gah. I must be right before that boss... really can't be arsed.

wrowa

MicH said:
AAAARGH! I just got home and the package waiting me.. WAS NOT XENOBLADE AFTERALL.

Oh god. I can't believe I still don't have it - and I'm in EUROPE. Come on, GAME :(

EDIT: My copy got shipped last TUESDAY. Christ :(
Are you in mainland Europe or in the UK? If Zavvi is anything to go by, shipments from the UK to Europe can take up to three weeks. For whatever reason.

Kjellson

Alextended said:
Hit Mechons until you can get a party chain thingie, then use the usual. Break, Topple, whatever. Rinse, repeat a few times and you're done.
BlazingDarkness said:
Kill the minion Mechon first to build your party gauge and then once they're dead go for him with a chain attack, he won't attack you much when there are other Mechon in battle
McNum said:
That help?
Well, this time I focused more on beating the hell out of the other guys, and not just worrying about my health. He went down really easily this time. I think the reason it went so bad the first times was because I had been in all day playing, I took a break and when I got back I felt a lot more focused. Haha. Thanks guys!

Dr. Ecco

Neo Member
Sennorin said:
oh, alright, thx. I forgot that, always take the quick way to the map.

As a rule of thumb, I use the menu (X -> maps -> select area -> select landmark) when travelling between different areas, and when fast-travelling within the same area I use the minus button, as it brings directly the area map.

MicH

wrowa said:
Are you in mainland Europe or in the UK? If Zavvi is anything to go by, shipments from the UK to Europe can take up to three weeks. For whatever reason.
Mainland Europe, Denmark to be precise. I ordered from GAME which usually takes 5 days to get here. Not this time though :(

Usually from the hut (Zavvi) or others which use regular mail for shipping, it takes 5-6 days for me (in Italy)

this time I preordered from amazon uk... shipped later (thursday), but I got a free courier shipping with tracking, and tuesday the game was here

syoaran

I'm about 2hrs in, still doing side quests in the first hub. I really enjoy the game, it feels great and the art style is fantastic.

Going to buy that soundtrack, music is great!

Mojojo

Sadist said:

I fumbled when you could choose the party and I had
Riki , Sharla and Shulk in party...I might have been level 40 though;;; What i did is to concentrate attacks on the Telethia (I used a lot Shulk's Monado Green power, aura break or something), once done tyrea was easy -minus Shulk doing 1 damage point on her

Got a combat related question : Effects, Dots are cumulative right? they dont replace each other ?(it's not clear as the effect icon is replaced by the newest one).. I use lot of bleeds, poisons etc.. but the combat is so fast spaced it's hard to see...

Mojojo said:
Got a combat related question : Effects, Dots are cumulative right? they dont replace each other ?(it's not clear as the effect icon is replaced by the newest one).. I use lot of bleeds, poisons etc.. but the combat is so fast spaced it's hard to see...

They don't replace each other but the icons just cycle so that there's only 1 visible (except for break, topple, daze). It's kind of anoying, would have been better if they showed them all.

MicH

Just checked two of the big Danish online gameshops and both of them has Xenoblade sold out. Seems to be doing well even in Denmark!

So glad it's a bank holiday this weekend. Gonna waste it all on Xenoblade!

Also, I have an extra CE untouched if anyone is still interested in getting one. =)

KarmaCow

Played a bunch yesterday and I'm going to do the same today. There are a few small issues I have but this game does so much right. Though I think I'm way over leveled because I spent like 3 exclusively hours doing quests. I'm level 22 and about to go into
the refugee camp on Bionis' Leg
. I'm holding off because there is a timed quests that involves killing a monster during a thunderstorm but even when it's raining I can't find the monster.

Also, is there some way to make your allies use certain attacks? Reyn is pretty good about following up on my attacks but I want something more reliable.

Top Bottom