• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

hey guys i am just now getting around to ordering the game and wanted to ask you guys which distributor you guys think would be the best to ship to america now. i was thinking of going with zavvi because their price is the cheapest, so has anyone received the game from zavvi that can testify to their reliability? thanks.

matthewd49 said:
hey guys i am just now getting around to ordering the game and wanted to ask you guys which distributor you guys think would be the best to ship to america now. i was thinking of going with zavvi because their price is the cheapest, so has anyone received the game from zavvi that can testify to their reliability? thanks.

I've gotten the game from Zavvi, but I think (?) I'm the only one in this thread who holds that distinction. The last time I ordered from Zavvi the DS game I ordered took 3 weeks to arrive.

GAME seems to be getting the highest number of successful deliveries so far from importers.

LevityNYC

Banned
mclem said:
Actually, it means that the Queen has to individually approve every single piece of mail. She's got a backlog at the moment, but she should be getting to this year's mail in a month or so.

Can one of the Middleton sisters personally delivery my game to me?

SecretMoblin said:
I've gotten the game from Zavvi, but I think (?) I'm the only one in this thread who holds that distinction. The last time I ordered from Zavvi the DS game I ordered took 3 weeks to arrive.

GAME seems to be getting the highest number of successful deliveries so far from importers.

cool thanks for replying. i guess i will order from them then as long as they are reliable i won't really mind the shipping time.

matthewd49 said:
cool thanks for replying. i guess i will order from them then as long as they are reliable i won't really mind the shipping time.

That's a good attitude to have. The most important thing (by far) when importing is patience.

I would also suggest being thorough:
1. Make your order on the site you choose.
2. When you get a confirmation email, call the site's customer service line to confirm your order (and the price you're paying), make sure they actually ship overseas, and ask about the estimated shipping time. The call shouldn't take long or be very expensive if you have a calling card or use VOIP.
3. Have something available to take your mind off of the delivery. Start another game. Go out with friends. Discover Indian food. Do something, anything, to prevent yourself from becoming obsessive.

If you're comfortable and don't want to spend the time/money you can skip step 2, but I've found it's usually helpful.

Thanks for these Dolphin pics, Gvaz (and others who have posted them).

It's so wonderful that there's this game world that doesn't make any practical sense -- its only purpose is to show off its beauty. What's the population of Colony 9? It has to be under 500 at the absolute most. And yet there are these massive air defense structures, a giant staircase up to a park on a cliff, a cave opening to a breathtaking view of the area. The designers only put these things there so you can gawk at the gorgeous world they created, and I like that.

It kind of reminds me of Prince of Persia 2008, in a way. I wish more developers would put impossibly huge structures in their games for no other purpose than to climb them.

Varion

2San said:
There isn't some kind of rain dance is there? >_>
Well not technically, but when changing weather I've found it quite effective to just switch between day and night repeatedly. Much faster than just waiting for the weather to change. Might just be me though.

Finally making plot progress after nothing but quests yesterday, finally up to (L46+ area)
Great Sword Valley. Finally that red Mechonis icon.

ramyeon

Zwei said:
Someone mentioned earlier that they have a delivery estimate of early October.

Insane.
Crazy if that's right. I guess NoE wasn't expecting this kind of demand, it's pretty obvious the supply wasn't enough to begin with. I'm glad I ordered fairly early on and secured my copy, even if it hasn't arrived yet :lol

Gvaz

Banned
Fans told Nintendo they were rpg starved and well, it would be great if they'd just fucking release them. If this isn't showing interest I don't know what is.

kiryogi

Banned
Fomalhaut said:
Oh god, Japanese Dunban sounds worse than English Riki. How is this possible?!
Wut. Jp Dunban is awesoooome. As someone said, he was Vegeta. Regardless, he's pretty badass in Xenoblade.

Diffense

Well, I'll just add to the chorus of those who didn't get their copy today.
The copes from GaME seem to be making their way from West to East as if shipped from Japan instead of the UK.
Ah well, I'd hate for the another weekend to pass without it so I hope it shows up tomorrow or Friday.

I'm worried that Xenoblade's sales momentum will be lost once the game is back in stock everywhere, due to the absurd amount of great games that will come out by the end of this year (also known as Videogamageddon).

Damn you Nintendo.

Victrix

*beard*
If the game is genuinely great, it will continue to sell. Demon's Souls is the poster child for quality and word of mouth.

Victrix said:
If the game is genuinely great, it will continue to sell. Demon's Souls is the poster child for quality and word of mouth.

Demon's Souls is the best lesson in marketing this entire generation.

Good games sell*. Period.

Clipper

Big Papa Husker said:
Is it supposed to have black bars at the top and bottom the screen? If you add the black bars together, its almost half of my screen. :\ I'm using component and have the Wii set to 480p. Do I need to make any changes in CFG Loader?
Make sure you are not forcing any video modes (i.e., the video option should be set to System Default), unless you want to try forcing Video to NTSC AND setting the Video Patch to All. That combination is the method to force 480p. Provided your Wii is set to 480p in the settings, then forcing nothing should get it to display the same way as if you played it via the disc.

Boney

Banned
SecretMoblin said:
Demon's Souls is the best lesson in marketing this entire generation.

Good games sell*. Period.
1298274-sin_punishment_star_successor_us_box_art_revealed_20100309101625845_000_large.jpg

Dragon

Banned
Well, it took me over three hours to mod my Wii but I'm ready for whenever Xenoblade comes from the UK. The only computer that actually had Windows and a SD card reader was my sister's old machine which was filled to the brim with spyware/viruses. Then the SD card reader would stop reading in the middle because that computer was so crappy. But finally I persevered.

I am ready. Now USPS/Royal Mail/Stork get your ass over here!

Have there been any RPGCrazied sightings lately or has he gone off the deep end?

Effect

Okay canceled the Zavvi order. Would take far to long. October...ugh. That and the negative talk surrounding the store didn't sit well with me. Might try another store instead.

That and this change in shipping on Amazon.com for the Monodo listing if you preordered (this is rumor at the moment I guess) and the upcoming Nintendo event makes me want to hold off to see what happens.

Boney said:
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/2/27224/1298274-sin_punishment_star_successor_us_box_art_revealed_20100309101625845_000_large.jpg

Asterisk! Not when you mangle them.

And Sin & Punishment was abused by Nintendo. It's actually my favorite game of this gen so far (I'm a Treasure fan).

Edit: Quick question about the game --

Characters don't lose affinity when they aren't in the active battle party, right?

RPGCrazied

TheBranca18 said:
Have there been any RPGCrazied sightings lately or has he gone off the deep end?

Nope. I don't post, cause if I do I get GAF attacked. But I didn't get it today, hell, knowing zavvi they ran out of product before my order was accounted for. Even if I was charged and it says shipped, I betcha I don't even have a copy coming.

Cause now it says October is the next time they can ship anything from Zavvi for Xenoblade.

Boney

Banned
SecretMoblin said:
Asterisk! Not when you mangle them.

And Sin & Punishment was abused by Nintendo. It's actually my favorite game of this gen so far (I'm a Treasure fan).

Edit: Quick question about the game --

Characters don't lose affinity when they aren't in the active battle party, right?
Yes
No

wait are you asking me I don't even have the game!

Hiltz

Stupid question time! My PC is custom built but it's over 10 years old and I don't know if it has an sd card/pc reader ?

There's 2 other computers (1 desktop and 1 laptop) that are only a few years old so will they have em?

Gvaz

Banned

Varion

SecretMoblin said:
Nope. Maxed Reyn out at the start of the game, haven't used him for like 30 hours of game time and he's still maxed out affinity pink heart.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
mrpeabody : 365games has stock of it if you're stuck? (Unless there's a reason you don't wanna order from them!) Mine just sent to Aus from them.

Top Bottom