• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

I just opened the
third gate
and got a timed quest asking me to defeat a Lv53「防壁型機神兵」. Can I put it off for a while?

totowhoa

Banned
I'm sure this thread is full of whiney Americans, and I've been trying to avoid it... but dammit, hurry up GAME! Dispatched on the 17th. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow or Friday that way I have the weekend to play it some. My weekdays are too packed to dedicate much time to a game as meaty as this.

Sallokin

6 or so hours in and I'm still just doing side quests and enjoying the heck out of Colony 9. Incredibly satisfying experience thus far.

Gvaz

Banned
A what?

Lord Ghirahim said:
I just opened the
third gate
and got a timed quest asking me to defeat a Lv53「防壁型機神兵」. Can I put it off for a while?

bubnbob

Banned
Lord Ghirahim said:
I just opened the
third gate

Any timed quests can be held off until "the event" - which is still a loads further than where you are. Way further.

Varion

Lord Ghirahim said:
I just opened the
third gate
That one aimed squarely at people who've played the Japanese version I guess.

Anyway just checked the wiki and apparently yeah you can put it off for a little bit (until one of the landmarks on
Mechonis Field
, and if you fight the boss there it's definitely cancelled). Then it times out.

bubnbob said:
Any timed quests can be held off until "the event" - which is still a loads further than where you are. Way further.

Varion said:
That one aimed squarely at people who've played the Japanese version I guess.

Anyway just checked the wiki and apparently yeah you can put it off for a little bit (until one of the landmarks on
Mechonis Field
, and if you fight the boss there it's definitely cancelled). Then it times out.

Thanks. The enemy is a 「増援隊百四式」 though, I got them mixed up.

Varion

It's getting kind of depressing to wander into a new area and every time the enemy level boxes are mostly black with the odd blue. Feel like maybe I should tone down the questing a little bit until I get closer to The Event and then get back to them. Done about 230 or so now, two areas are up to 4 stars (Colony 9 and
Frontier Village
), the other two are 3 stars.

At least there's still plenty of uniques that give me a challenge. Nothing like getting taken out by the quest unique in (L44 area)
the ice mountains after that damned slide jump, getting killed and then having to do the jump all over again. Ugh.

Managed to get the first of Monado's secret arts and one of the secret skill trees today though, woo.

Sucks about some places being out of stock for those that haven't picked it up yet, it comes out in NZ/Aus soon so maybe some online places from there will start having more stock?

mrpeabody

Amazon.co.uk won't ship to the US, Game ran out of stock, 365 and Asda refuse to accept my Visa for no good reason.

Sure is a lot of work to pay somebody $60 for a Wii game.

Diffense

Wazzim said:
This is a Wii game, it's impressive.

Yeah, Wii is sub-2006 technology; it was outdated on release.
Xenoblade screenshots/videos make me forget that.
IMO, it's a triumph of visual design and engineering.

Games with striking art design never get old.
While Wind Waker wasn't my favorite Zelda, I can't imagine that it will ever look 'dated'.
It's look was compatible with the limitations of the technology but was not defined by it.

Chesskid1

Banned
i wonder how many times i've walked through the town and talked to every NPC. at least 5 times lol.

i have to see the different changes depending on events/time of days/character is set as your main.

gets kinda annoying but i have to do it!

Wish I remembered how to spell some of the names but an update of where I am and stuff. Spoilers don't read if you haven't got to the little fat things village :p
So I'm lvl 38, way over leveled it seems. I'm looking for riki's stuff. That won't be hard.
I now plan on doing more side quest lol. Most likely will be 40+ before leaving to fight that 3 headed thing.
Again for got the name of places, things, and people so enjoy the names I replaced them with. I'm on my 3ds so looking up the names would be a little hard, and I'm too tired to go to my computet lol.

mrpeabody said:
Amazon.co.uk won't ship to the US, Game ran out of stock, 365 and Asda refuse to accept my Visa for no good reason.

Sure is a lot of work to pay somebody $60 for a Wii game.

If anyone deserves rage, it's NoA.

And boy, do they ever deserve it.

Diffense

Chesskid1 said:
i wonder how many times i've walked through the town and talked to every NPC. at least 5 times lol.

i have to see the different changes depending on events/time of days/character is set as your main.

gets kinda annoying but i have to do it!

This game is going to bring out my inner OCD.
I don't know if I am going to be able to tear myself away from quests to advance the story.
There's no doubt that I'm going to be in Colony 9 for a long while.

Hahaha, I
sniped
that 増援隊百四式 thing, and when I
jumped down
to kill the rest of its friends it respawned. Resulting in all three of my characters dying instantaneously :p

Conrad Link said:
Sucks about some places being out of stock for those that haven't picked it up yet, it comes out in NZ/Aus soon so maybe some online places from there will start having more stock?

yeah it would be nice if my copy that shipped over a week ago would arrive before the local release. i'm starting to get paranoid about my postie though, since moving into a new house at the start of the year i've had a couple of packages disappear in the mail (single book orders so far so annoying but not the end of the world) and now i get anxious whenever i can't have completely tracked/registered delivery :/

Gvaz said:
Can you say what it is in non-moonspeak?

I don't have psychic powers. I gave the location and the level, that's more than enough. And it turns out it didn't respawn, it was another guy that had a name (悪戯のナベリウス) and 10 levels on me. I wonder if I can
snipe
him too.

edit: I got a vision before I could touch him. Yeah...

Wow... the
Nopon village
is gorgeous.

I'm 30 hours into the game, I wonder how far I am into the main story though. I'm guessing not even half.

Varion

xtrasauce said:
Wow... the
Nopon village
is gorgeous.

I'm 30 hours into the game, I wonder how far I am into the main story though. I'm guessing not even half.
Indeed, few more areas before you hit the half way mark.

Can't believe I'm up to 68 hours playtime already and not that far past the half way mark. Doomed to hit the dreaded 99:59 timer stop for sure.

Varion said:
Indeed, few more areas before you hit the half way mark.

Can't believe I'm up to 68 hours playtime already and not that far past the half way mark. Doomed to hit the dreaded 99:59 timer stop for sure.

Wat wat?

So...the timer stops but the game keeps going, yes?

Varion

bigdaddygamebot said:
Wat wat?

So...the timer stops but the game keeps going, yes?
Yes but don't worry, they fixed it in the English version.

That's not the one I'm playing though, picked the game up when it got released in Japan last year and don't have the money to be double dipping, so I just restarted that. So it's a nonissue to everyone in this thread but uh... me and Lord Ghirahim I guess?

Alrus

Amazon uk says the game will take 2-3 weeks to be dispatched, there's obviously stock shortages going in the UK...

Anyway 40 hours in, still in the same place
High Entia city, forgot the name
, that city is way too big, I feel a bit overwhelmed looking for quests... Had the same issue with
Frontier Village
. Anyway, I'm looking for a bug loving Nopon, I can't find it and I'm a bit tired of going back and forth in the village trying to find a red dot...

(On a tangent do we really need to spoiler towns name? I can understand some locations, but a town name isn't gonna spoil anything imo)

Varion

Alrus said:
(On a tangent do we really need to spoiler towns name? I can understand some locations, but a town name isn't gonna spoil anything imo)
Well we had someone earlier in the thread complaining that images of some of the earlier party members you get were spoilers... it's just staying on the safe side I guess. Probably not necessary but it's a habit at this point.

Varion said:
Yes but don't worry, they fixed it in the English version.

That's not the one I'm playing though, picked the game up when it got released in Japan last year and don't have the money to be double dipping, so I just restarted that. So it's a nonissue to everyone in this thread but uh... me and Lord Ghirahim I guess?

Sucks for you. : /

Thanks for clarifying.

Alrus said:
Amazon uk says the game will take 2-3 weeks to be dispatched, there's obviously stock shortages going in the UK...

Anyway 40 hours in, still in the same place
High Entia city, forgot the name
, that city is way too big, I feel a bit overwhelmed looking for quests... Had the same issue with
Frontier Village
. Anyway, I'm looking for a bug loving Nopon, I can't find it and I'm a bit tired of going back and forth in the village trying to find a red dot...

It's Ababa, you can find him outside of the Village on the left side of the entrance, next to a tree at night. Be prepared to run between him and Deki(?) several times, Deki is in the same outside area, opposite him, only in the daytime instead

Carlisle

So I just got back from being out of town for a week and a half and now I'm paranoid that my copy was dropped off and snatched away while I was gone. My apartment building isn't always consistent when it comes to delivering packages. Sometimes they stuff it into the tiny mailbox, sometimes they hold it behind the counter at the front desk and sometimes they just leave it in front of my door.

How does The Hut package their games, in a box or padded envelope? That usually dictates how my building handles distribution. Any east coast US gaffers get their orders in from The Hut yet?

Varion

bubnbob said:
oh god the entire last act is just... wow.
Tease.

What level is the final boss by the way? I really want to do everything possible (quests, uniques, etc) before shelving the game, but if the final boss is L70 and I waltz in there at L99 with everything maxed out having beaten all the L100+ uniques then it's just going to be sad. Might just have to get to a certain point, make a save, do everything then return to that save and finish the game. Or the other way round.

bubnbob

Banned
The final boss is around 80 at least. I'm not even there and I'm fighting ~70 bosses

Although I'm guessing I'm really close... dont even want to make any spoilers

Sophia

Varion said:
Tease.

What level is the final boss by the way? I really want to do everything possible (quests, uniques, etc) before shelving the game, but if the final boss is L70 and I waltz in there at L99 with everything maxed out having beaten all the L100+ uniques then it's just going to be sad. Might just have to get to a certain point, make a save, do everything then return to that save and finish the game. Or the other way round.

Minor spoilers for the gameplay.
The final boss doesn't have a level, he's merely ???. However his minions are level 80

Varion

Marrshu said:
Minor spoilers for the gameplay.
The final boss doesn't have a level, he's merely ???. However his minions are level 80
bubnbob said:
The final boss is around 80 at least. I'm not even there and I'm fighting ~70 bosses

Although I'm guessing I'm really close... dont even want to make any spoilers
Okay, sounds like I won't end up massively overlevelled at least. Suppose I could always deliberately cripple myself with crappy equipment if it came to it.

Cheers for the replies.

Local game store had a copy of this so I picked it up. Of course instead of just playing it I rip it and try to see what Dolphin can do to it. Here are some pics.

sx4p012.jpg

sx4p018.jpg

sx4p0110.jpg

Mostly stock settings here. Internal resolution set to 2x with no AA, AF on 4. I think I got some head room to turn on some AA I got to play with it more. Once past the intro fight it runs rock solid. During the intro fight it pauses and stops a lot. Not sure whats up with that.

Gvaz

Banned
Check the Dolphin thread for my posts on what you can do to improve the game.

In case I didn't mention in there, turn AA and AF in Dolphin off, force them in your control panel instead.

Here's mine :O

dolphin2011-08-2500-49f7lu.jpg

kiryogi

Banned
Carlisle said:
So I just got back from being out of town for a week and a half and now I'm paranoid that my copy was dropped off and snatched away while I was gone. My apartment building isn't always consistent when it comes to delivering packages. Sometimes they stuff it into the tiny mailbox, sometimes they hold it behind the counter at the front desk and sometimes they just leave it in front of my door.

How does The Hut package their games, in a box or padded envelope? That usually dictates how my building handles distribution. Any east coast US gaffers get their orders in from The Hut yet?
A padded envelope

Top Bottom