• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Reveirg

RPGCrazied said:
Why do I have this feeling I'm going to end up fighting for a refund?

Dude, chill. I feel for you, but we're still many in the same situation who haven't received it yet. As everybody who's had experience with importing before already said, this is normal.

Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow for everyone still waiting on their copies. Keep in mind that many people who ordered from Game (me included!) still haven't received their copy. This is not exclusive to Zavvi.

well i got homebrew installed and running, but when I extract the IOS236 files to my SD card folder and put the card back into the Wii and run HB, the files cant be read. I hit 1 and the "internal SD slot" is lit and when I hit ok nothing happens. There is no "apps" folder either as Joystiq said to download the files to there. Help please.

Mael said:
For people living in France.
Nintendo begins to send email regarding the whole 'receive an artbook if you're among the 1000 firsts lucky bastards who registered the game'.

I received the mail seconds ago....
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I got mine four hours ago, just noticed it.
21l7ptl.jpg

I just need to reply with my address and phone number, right?

JumpingTheGun said:
well i got homebrew installed and running, but when I extract the IOS236 files to my SD card folder and put the card back into the Wii and run HB, the files cant be read. I hit 1 and the "internal SD slot" is lit and when I hit ok nothing happens. There is no "apps" folder either as Joystiq said to download the files to there. Help please.
Create the apps folder?

Diffense

JumpingTheGun said:

I installed Gecko OS not the USB loader so I don't have any experience with that setup.
But I didn't quite get what you said about the "apps" folder.
You have to create it yourself and put the applications there (within an appropriate subfolder of apps) for the homebrew channel to recognize them.

JumpingTheGun said:

You shouldn't be following Joystiq's guide. Use the official GAF one:

SecretMoblin said:
You shouldn't be following Joystiq's guide. Use the official GAF one:

thats what im doing. i gave up on joystiq and been using the GAFwiki. So I gotta create an folder that says "apps" and HB will recognize it?

JumpingTheGun said:
thats what im doing. i gave up on joystiq and been using the GAFwiki. So I gotta create an folder that says "apps" and HB will recognize it?

Yes, if you put the files in the apps folder that the guide says to. Just make sure the apps folder is in the root directory and isn't in some other folder.

FatCat

Haunted said:
Zavvi is reliable in my experience, just super slow. Like, always 1-2 weeks later than you'd expect.

Great pricing if you don't care for timeliness, though.

I've noticed that their preorders are much more unpredictable when it comes to delivery. I ordered NMH2 a day after Xenoblade on theHut (same group as Zavvi) and it arrived two day ago. Still waiting for Xenoblade of course. I guess it will come next week.

matmanx1

Number one rule of importing games is patience. I've had stuff take as little as 4 actual days from Europe and Japan and then I have had instances where it took almost a month. There are just too many variables to account for in trying to predict international shipping times.

It will be great when it finally does arrive, that is for sure!

MechaX

To the above pic, that was pretty much my first 10 minutes of the game. "Go to the Palet Town of the game? Fuck that, I'm going to slaughter rabbits."

Also, I fully understand that Reyn Time picture that was posted earlier in the thread now.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
cacildo said:
http://i54.tinypic.com/2meb86x.jpg
You could have spared all those animals who don't attack on sight.... MY Shulk isn't an animal-slaughtering monster :(

Fritz

BocoDragon said:
You could have spared all those animals who don't attack on sight.... MY Shulk isn't an animal-slaughtering monster :(

Seriously this is the first game where I feel bad for killing certain enemies. Like you have these whole families strolling the fields, it's hard to take mummy out, and even more so the babies.

Anyway, probably has been discussed to death but is anyone else reminded of Escaflowne somehow?

I am level 20 btw.
just fought against weird tentacle mechon and funny face mechon and think I am about to enter colony 6 now

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
RPGCrazied said:
Zavvi. Mistake? GAME is looking pretty good. Countless people in this thread in the states have received from them.
I ordered from GAME....no game from GAME, but like I said. I in da sowf.

wrowa

Fritz said:
Seriously this is the first game where I feel bad for killing certain enemies. Like you have these whole families strolling the fields, it's hard to take mummy out, and even more so the babies.
I remember a quest where you had to kill Daugther Arnus to gather some lots of milk... I couldn't do that :(

Dragon

Banned
truly101 said:
I ordered from GAME....no game from GAME, but like I said. I in da sowf.

Same thing here in Charlotte. Lameeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I haven't been home yet today though so maybe I'll get lucky.

wrowa said:
I remember a quest where you had to kill Daugther Arnus to gather some lots of milk... I couldn't do that :(

If you're killing their daughters, you might as well just put the whole family out of their misery.

Mael

SecretMoblin said:
Plus, don't the enemies regenerate? It's not like I feel bad for them. They seem to be breeding just fine. Even the unique ones!
Well there's one unique I killed I'd like they breed one quickly...

Top Bottom