• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

LiK

YAY, got mine finally.

Xenoblade.jpg

MechaX

McNum said:
On a related note, if you're fighting normal enemies and the music suddenly changed to boss music, you should run. You just aggroed something you REALLY don't want to. If you get a deadly vision at full HP is also a good sign that it's time to leave. In less than 12 seconds.

That actually just happened. I was fighting a group of five weaker enemies trying to finish off a quest. And then the music changed to the boss music and I was like "what in the hell was tha- HOLY SHIT". It didn't end too well.

Phenomic

TheFreshPrince said:
How does GAME ship to the US? Will it be delivered via USPS or a UPS/FedEx type carrier?

I got my copy today. It came in a small cardboard cutoff the size to fit a case around that size. It seemed fairly secure though. As long as you have a post box it should fit snug right inside the box. The collectors edition will probably be left on your doorstep if you ordered that one.

LevityNYC

Banned
Still no copy for me. Shipped last Tuesday from Game. I live in NJ and I fully understand this is the fault of USPS and not Royal Mail, but how the hell does Game ship a 90 dollar item WITHOUT tracking.

Not for nothing, the game could arrive today and I could just dispute the transaction with my credit card. They have no chance of winning the dispute since they have no proof of delivery.

Why wouldn't they ship with tracking? I just don't understand.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Is the
colony 6
area only that are before the gate with that one merchant? Basically, until the cave? I am missing an item and that area isnt exactly huge.. Where is it hiding >_<

Toma said:
Is the
colony 6
area only that are before the gate with that one merchant? Basically, until the cave? I am missing an item and that area isnt exactly huge.. Where is it hiding >_<

There's more to it, you just need to progress the story further.

I managed to complete the Collectopedia for the region before I went into cave though.

Gvaz

Banned
I don't know why you don't just say what it means in english when 95% of the people here don't have a clue what it says.

reektann

Already had the regular version of this but after 10 hours and beaming with delight I simply had to order the Limited Edition with the pad too...I love when developers put real effort into their titles... TAKE MY MONEY!

Gvaz

Banned
A Human Becoming said:
Google translate says "It is not relaxing".
My GF who has been taking japanese says it equates to "it's not gentle, isn't it?" so one of those moonrunes is Desu Ne or whatever. That's about all I know.

I don't recall that phrase at all though.

Hiltz

Yes! Xenoblade arrived in my mailbox today from 365games. Now I just have to mod my Wii.

I haven't played a new game yet this year. However, I was kind of hoping to be able to finish up another play through of Metroid Prime 3 before moving on to Xenoblade. Don't you just hate leaving games unfinished ? Oh well, Xenoblade's going to consume all my free time now... but in a good way!

Gvaz said:
I don't know why you don't just say what it means in english when 95% of the people here don't have a clue what it says.

That's not how localizations work. Why don't you tell me his localized catchphrase?

vitacola

SecretMoblin said:
Current prices on Amazon.de (which covers Germany and Austria): 46.95 Euro or ~$67.46 for the regular edition, 79 Euro or ~$113.51 for the limited edition.
But Amazon is not the cheapest place to buy a game in Germany. Your friend should try Müller (they are the best ;))/MediaMarkt/Saturn. It's probably cheaper there. Same for Austria. The price for the CE is too high. There should be many "offline retailers" out there who will sell it for 60€ (about $86).

LProtag

Couple of hours in. I think I spent a good chunk of the first hour just getting tons of quests, not even doing them, just talking to people to get them. Haha.

bubnbob

Banned
Lord Ghirahim said:
That's not how localizations work. Why don't you tell me his localized catchphrase?

Well why don't you give us more info. When does he say it? "When they are troubled" doesnt help... is it after fight? Before fight? During fight? Which characters are included in the fight?

McNum

Reknoc said:
The only line Shulk has that could be considered a catchphrase is the "details" one.
"Monado! Lend us your power!" But that doesn't translate well. Or am I the only one spamming Monado skills except when there's a good reason not to?

Other than that, the only other repeating lines I can think of is one from his sidequest acceptance lines. Can't remember the exact words of that one, though.

McNum

What is his "Encourage" line, anyway? You know, when a character hits low tension and you run up to them and hit B.

bubnbob said:
Well why don't you give us more info. When does he say it? "When they are troubled" doesnt help... is it after fight? Before fight? During fight? Which characters are included in the fight?

He usually drops it the same way he does

Reknoc said:
the "details" one

but it's definitely not the same.

LProtag

I've got the Japanese audio on just because... well I've never had this option before.

So the in game banter isn't that annoying because I can't make sense of it and therefore don't notice all the repetition. It's just a bunch of people hectically yelling things in Japanese.

Reknoc

InsertNameHere said:
I've got the Japanese audio on just because... well I've never had this option before.

So the in game banter isn't that annoying because I can't make sense of it and therefore don't notice all the repetition. It's just a bunch of people hectically yelling things in Japanese.

Missing out on the best part of the game. It'll never be hero time for you :mad:

I really don't think the battle voices are even half as annoying as some people seem to be making them out to be.

I actually enjoy the interaction and wouldn't tone it down even if I could.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
InsertNameHere said:

I just realized there's a distinct disadvantage to playing in Japanese if you don't understand it. The battle banter isn't just empty catchphrases, they're giving you status checks on the battles. There's all kinds of details "this isn't going too well", "time for a triple attack" etc.

Unless they add subtitles of all these battle phrases when you play in Japanese...

CruxisMana said:
I really don't think the battle voices are even half as annoying as some people seem to be making them out to be.

I agree
Go back to early in the thread before I got the game and I was complaining about them and not having the option to turn them off, but I quickly got used to it, and I like how they say different things depending on who is in your active party and the type of enemies etc

CruxisMana said:

Well, it's definitely interesting to shuffle your party and get those different dialogues at the end of the battle. I like how Dunban and Sharla are bumming Reyn out. :lol

Top Bottom