• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
TheBranca18 said:
Same thing here in Charlotte. Lameeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I haven't been home yet today though so maybe I'll get lucky.

The main sort hub for my area is Greensboro, it may be for you as well so that means it has to go through there before it gets to Charlotte and then gets to the PO that serves your zip. waiting is fun fun fun fun, looking forward to the weekend.

There's this one unique in Makna forest
Lazy something? The caterpillar one
that just isn't respawning at all, I know exactly where it should spawn and at what time but it's just not coming, I'm even trying to save and reload trick and that's not doing it either

Kandinsky

matmanx1 said:
Number one rule of importing games is patience.
Seriously this, I ordered mine from Zavvi as well and set my mind to expect it here by mid September, I know it sucks but at the same time it feels right for the price.

Figured out that Im just gonna download Gecko OS and not even worry about the browser. All Im using Homebrew for is this game. That's it. The installation of the browser was givin me trouble. I thought it was conducive to playing the game.

Chairhome

So, I forgot that my brother is actually going to Berlin, Austria and London starting today for the next two weeks (performing for "Fighting Gravity" from America's Got Talent!). I'm going to ask him to bring me back a copy of the game. Out of those places, where is it likely to be cheapest? Probably going to opt for the regular edition.

cacildo

k2cqi8.jpg

I dont know about you, but it were me i was gonna be like "OH MY GOD I LIVE IN A GIANT GODLIKE CREATURE I CANT STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AND QUESTIONING IT MY WHOLE LIFE IVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT AND ITS MY NUMBER ONE SUBJECT WHEN I TALK TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS

Chairhome said:
So, I forgot that my brother is actually going to Berlin, Austria and London starting today for the next two weeks (performing for "Fighting Gravity" from America's Got Talent!). I'm going to ask him to bring me back a copy of the game. Out of those places, where is it likely to be cheapest? Probably going to opt for the regular edition.

Europeans, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Pound is in much worse shape than the Euro. So London would be a better bet. Of course, that's assuming he can find the game...

Kjellson said:
Does the unique enemies respawn?

Yep.

Chairhome said:

I would say Berlin. Send him to a Saturn or Media Markt.

RPGCrazied said:
Isn't this weekend a holiday? Yeah, I'm sure that will delay it even more.
memorial day? they won't deliver the game on weekends anyways unless it's expedited shipping.

EDIT: Wrong holiday lol.

bubnbob

Banned
cacildo said:
http://i54.tinypic.com/k2cqi8.jpg

I dont know about you, but it were me i was gonna be like "OH MY GOD I LIVE IN A GIANT GODLIKE CREATURE I CANT STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AND QUESTIONING IT MY WHOLE LIFE IVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT AND ITS MY NUMBER ONE SUBJECT WHEN I TALK TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS

Aren't you special. It's a game.

Also all of this is answered in the story.

You aren't funny. Hope this helps.

Fritz

Chairhome said:

I'd say London as well. Just check amazon prices for the respective country. They'll be selling for the regular price.

bubnbob said:

+the story of bionis is in their history class, as is mentioned multiple time throughout the game.... why should he constantly be asking questions if he know the basics already?

wsippel

Banned
slaughterking said:
I'm a litlle disappointed in one of the later areas. (~40 hours playtime)
The snow area is very much lacking the cosiness that I usually like in snowy RPG areas. :( The music is nice and the shiny crystals emit a certain warmth, but I would much prefer a flatter area with snow-covered vegetation. Kinda like a Makna Forst in white.
This steep mountain is not doing it for me. :I
While I certainly agree, it makes sense from an anatomic standpoint. But it probably is the weakest area overall nevertheless. Some cool gimmicks, but not much to do, explore and see overall.

cacildo

bubnbob said:
Aren't you special. It's a game.

You aren't funny. Hope this helps.

Yes, i know, and im having a lot of fun with it. In fact, im having so much fun with the game i cant take this small details out of my mind.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
cacildo said:
http://i54.tinypic.com/k2cqi8.jpg

How much geology do you know about the actual Earth? It's pretty fascinating stuff, but most people walk around on it every day without caring about it ;)

Chairhome said:

Current prices on Amazon.de (which covers Germany and Austria): 46.95 Euro or ~$67.46 for the regular edition, 79 Euro or ~$113.51 for the limited edition.

Current prices on Amazon.co.uk: 29.99 Pounds or ~$48.83 for the standard edition, 69.99 Pounds or ~$113.96 for the limited edition.

Chairhome

SecretMoblin said:
Europeans, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Pound is in much worse shape than the Euro. So London would be a better bet. Of course, that's assuming he can find the game...
schennmu said:
I would say Berlin. Send him to a Saturn or Media Markt.
Fritz said:
I'd say London as well. Just check amazon prices for the respective country. They'll be selling for the regular price.
SecretMoblin said:
Current prices on Amazon.de (which covers Germany and Austria): 46.95 Euro or ~$67.46 for the regular edition, 79 Euro or ~$113.51 for the limited edition.

Current prices on Amazon.co.uk: 29.99 Pounds or ~$48.83 for the standard edition, 69.99 Pounds or ~$113.96 for the limited edition.
Thanks a lot, guys, so London it is. Are they sold out in most places? I'm hoping since he'll be there next week that they'll have restocked by then.

McNum

Apenheul said:
That Makna Forest
Theletia
is no pushover, at level 36 I'm probably a little bit underleveled.
You are using
Monado Purge
on it, yes? You pretty much want to have a Monado charge ready to go as soon as it starts up its aura. You should be able to take it with a level 36 party. I know I wasn't that high level when I fought it.
Melia
is good in this fight, by the way.

Apenheul

McNum said:
You are using
Monado Purge
on it, yes? You pretty much want to have a Monado charge ready to go as soon as it starts up its aura. You should be able to take it with a level 36 party. I know I wasn't that high level when I fought it.
Melia
is good in this fight, by the way.

Yeah
Melia
is in my party and I did use that Monado art. Maybe I was just unlucky, I'm trying again in an hour, in the meantime I'm scanlining the Makma Forest regions I hadn't visited yet. It's huge..

EDIT; No, you're right, I forgot about
Purge

Has anyone managed to download the soundtrack from Club Nintendo?

My download keeps stopping between 110-115MB and I've been trying for an hour now.

MechaX

Note to self; when party members remark "We're taking THIS on? This is impossible!" when taking on a giant blue bird that is 10 levels above you, you should probably listen to them.

CruxisMana said:
Has anyone managed to download the soundtrack from Club Nintendo?

My download keeps stopping between 110-115MB and I've been trying for an hour now.

Pause the download around 70MB in. Then resume it after a few seconds. It was the only way I could get it myself.

Leeness

Hahahaha, oh man. Adventures in Importing.

My lesson: I'm too impatient.

Now I have two copies on the way to me. Good thing my friend has a Wii and will buy one copy off me.

McNum

MechaX said:
Note to self; when party members remark "We're taking THIS on? This is impossible!" when taking on a giant blue bird that is 10 levels above you, you should probably listen to them.
On a related note, if you're fighting normal enemies and the music suddenly changed to boss music, you should run. You just aggroed something you REALLY don't want to. If you get a deadly vision at full HP is also a good sign that it's time to leave. In less than 12 seconds.

Top Bottom