• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
RPGCrazied said:
Well, UK seems to be slacking in keeping up with the demand. What if they decide not to get another reorder from Nintendo? Then you can look forward to spending $100 on eBay for a copy.
I don't think it's likely at all. Nintendo will reprint.

WORST case scenario is some people will have to wait weeks/months.

amazon shipped out my dvd's. i bet i'll get that before i get the game lol.

BocoDragon said:

imagine a lost game you ordered and they try to resend when available.

Mael

BocoDragon said:

In my experience NoE is rather good in dealing with shipments, they never seemed to overship games....except Other M and WiiMusic maybe

Wait...that's not good for you.

CoolS

RPGCrazied said:
Well, UK seems to be slacking in keeping up with the demand. What if they decide not to get another reorder from Nintendo? Then you can look forward to spending $100 on eBay for a copy.
To be fair, I think its understandable that they were being cautious with the game. But seeing it Kind of suceed makes me even happier this way :)

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
RPGCrazied said:
Seems like GAME and Zavvi are running out of stock. GAME is canceling orders, and Zavvi isn't shipping again for a month.
Really? because a friend of mine (who I begged to import the best jRPG of generation) had a copy shipped from Zaavi this morning.

LProtag

Already have my theories on what's going on... they might have made it a little too obvious. Interested to see how it'll play out though.

Hiltz

Gotta quick question.

I'm in the process of modding my Wii and have installed the homebrew channel. There's an option to install BootMii as boot2 or as IOS, do I need to install any of them and if so, which ones ?

Aeana

InsertNameHere said:
Already have my theories on what's going on... they might have made it a little too obvious. Interested to see how it'll play out though.
The thing about Takahashi's games is that it isn't really very often about "omg plot twist," but fleshing out things you already know. The game absolutely does not hide much from you at all, and yeah, it shows you lots of stuff really early on - but odds are the player won't make the connections when they first see certain things. It's cool to watch the layers build.

Leeness

BocoDragon said:
Really? because a friend of mine (who I begged to import the best jRPG of generation) had a copy shipped from Zaavi this morning.

Same. My order from Zavvi shipped at 3am, despite it having the September 30th as estimated ship date.

It could be because I kept trying to cancel it, lmao. Everyone should just try cancelling their orders and see if they ship it to get you to stay with them haha.

Chanser

slaughterking said:
They are pretty resistant against physical attacks and weak against ether. Trying using the latter on them to kill 'em fast before they have a chance to blow up.

Most of my guys are all about physical attacks, only Sharla so far can attack with ether skills. They resist break most of the time.

Chanser said:
Most of my guys are all about physical attacks, only Sharla so far can attack with ether skills. They resist break most of the time.
They can't resist break when you're using a break inflicting attack during a chain combo.
But you could also just leave them be and come back when you're better equipped for them. They are a bit of a pain to fight.

Hiltz said:
Gotta quick question.

I'm in the process of modding my Wii and have installed the homebrew channel. There's an option to install BootMii as boot2 or as IOS, do I need to install any of them and if so, which ones ?

Bootmii is used for backups in case something goes wrong. You dont really need it per say. I just did the same thing today man so if you have any questions hit me up.

Lyonaz

Good god, this game is bringing the OCD me out from the great PSX rpgs-era and I'm loving it.
I'm talking to every townsperson and exploring everything while doing all the sidequests. The soundtrack is absolutely amazing and makes exploring not boring.

Also Fiora wouldn't be half as sexy without her british accent, loving the voice acting so far. Well done NoE!

Lyonaz said:
Good god, this game is bringing the OCD me out from the great PSX rpgs-era and I'm loving it.
I'm talking to every townsperson and exploring everything while doing all the sidequests. The soundtrack is absolutely amazing and makes exploring not boring.

Also Fiora wouldn't be half as sexy without her british accent, loving the voice acting so far. Well done NoE!

lucky bastard.

bubnbob

Banned
InsertNameHere said:

If you're not afraid of spoilers I'm willing to give you that yes/no answer now :p

froliq

Just started this game today despite already having it at release, but I had to clear up my console backlog a bit. And damn, I'm hooked. Already 5 hours in, like it was nothing. It looks beautiful for a Wii game and the english localization is looking great. Getting a little overwhelmed at the amount of side quests and the huge open world.

Also Deus Ex just unlocked for me and I'm afraid that it will have to wait.

Kjellson

SecretMoblin said:
That's strange. I went back to Tephra Cave and the big caterpillar in the beginning wasn't there. So it seems that some unique enemies respawns and some doesn't.

Anyway, it's a real shame that this game doesn't have a bestiary. It would have been easier to keep track of the uniques enemies you've killed.

Hiltz

JumpingTheGun said:
Bootmii is used for backups in case something goes wrong. You dont really need it per say. I just did the same thing today man so if you have any questions hit me up.

Thanks for the help. I just chose to install the homebrew channel and exited out. Now I see the homebrew channel menu screen appear. I'm trying to find the instructions to get the GekkoOS on to my sd card.

D23

5 hours in, and i have to say that this is one of the best JRPG i have ever played. everything is just so well done, monolith really put some love into making it. i love the fact that you can save anywhere you want!!

Kjellson said:
That's strange. I went back to Tephra Cave and the big caterpillar in the beginning wasn't there. So it seems that some unique enemies respawns and some doesn't.

Anyway, it's a real shame that this game doesn't have a bestiary. It would have been easier to keep track of the uniques enemies you've killed.

They respawn under certain conditions. If you go back after a certain amount of time it may reappear, or if you try saving/reloading it may reappear. I remember fighting that caterpillar twice, and other uniques (like the caterpillar outside in Colony 9) reappear frequently. I don't think anybody knows exactly what the trigger is to make them respawn, but they definitely do.

Gvaz said:
OPINION TIME!

That game sucked awfully.

/opinion
I didn't love it - I thought it was too busy - but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Peagles

RPGCrazied said:
Just checked GAME. It says out of stock. Zavvi says Availability: "Usually dispatched within a month"

Hmm, NZGameshop (which is also OZGameshop and 365games) also says out of stock.

wrowa

I've got questions regarding two sidequests in Alcamoth.
Where is the lost boy in Alcamoth? And where is the other lost boy in Eryth Sea? The game doesn't give you any hints at all for later one (as far as I can see at least) and Eryth Sea is pretty huge...

Also
is fought against an army of mercenaries and against that mecenary lady inside of the tomb. Is there a way to deal those enemies damage with the Monado? I could defeat them without any problems, but if there are more of those enemies on the way it would be useful to know...

RPGCrazied

Yeah, but I just wanted to spend no more than $50. My Zavvi order was only $48. Before I reorder it will be after I get a full refund and waiting another 10 days. :( Though after another 5 I probably will just ask for a refund.

RPGCrazied said:
I sure hope I don't have to reorder somewhere, I wouldn't know where to go.

I dont know if its already been said, but you truly live up to your name, and I dont mean that in a bad way. Its commendable to see someone express so much loyalty and love to this genre. I sincerely hope you get it tomorrow dude.

Reveirg

slaughterking said:
Speaking of the OST: I can't get over how amazing Engage the Enemy is. Such a varied, upbeat and powerful track.
Undoubtedly one of the best videogame tracks I've heard in a long time.

Yes, that's one awesome track. It has a bit of Kajiura's touch from her Xenosaga soundtracks IMO. I remember reading in the Iwata Asks column that Takahashi presented some tracks to the composers, showing them what he wanted Xenoblade's OST to sound like. I'd be curious to know if he indeed showed some of Kajiura's songs.

Other tracks are somewhat reminiscent of Kajiura's work, mostly ACE+ and Kiyota's work. (the piano or string quartet tracks in particular)

Reveirg

JumpingTheGun said:
I dont know if its already been said, but you truly live up to your name, and I dont mean that in a bad way. Its commendable to see someone express so much loyalty and love to this genre. I sincerely hope you get it tomorrow dude.

Indeed. With so many people bashing JRPGs lately, it feels good to see that there are other survivors longing for new classics for the genre.

RPGCrazied said:
Yeah, but I just wanted to spend no more than $50. My Zavvi order was only $48. Before I reorder it will be after I get a full refund and waiting another 10 days. :( Though after another 5 I probably will just ask for a refund.
You mean when your mum re-orders it right?

yn2CU.jpg

RPGCrazied

JumpingTheGun said:

Yeah. Its the main genre I play. jRPG's. Love the PS2 days, had some awesome games during that time.

...and for my sake I hope I get it tomorrow too. :p

Corleth the Fey said:
You mean when your mum re-orders it right?

http://i.imgur.com/yn2CU.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Uhm. How I order shouldn't matter. I won't explain why my Mom is ordering for me. Cause I already have.

Randomizer

So I was loading up the game in Dolphin
and I walked away for a minute and when I came back I noticed the sky of the title screen actually changes over time. Looks and sounds amazing and the night time scene makes a great wallpaper. Too bad OOT's title screen looks like I now have a new favourite after all these years.

It's so good I had to make this time lapse gif.
http://www.abload.de/img/titlescreen3edq.gif

Varion

wrowa said:
I've got questions regarding two sidequests in Alcamoth.
Where is the lost boy in Alcamoth?
Far as I remember it's 1F, warp to the lower of the two fountains then head east into the top corner. Should be around there... I think.

As for your other spoiler all I'll say is 'don't worry about it'.

Randomizer said:
So I was loading up the game in Dolphin...
Yeah, it's especially amazing how well it fits with the music, it really starts to soar as you approach sunset, then softens again when it hits night. Not like there's much competition, but it's easily the best title screen I've ever seen. So good.

Codeblue

DMPrince said:
nope. i expect anyone that didn't get theirs by now who got it shipped last week won't see it. everyone saying stay calm knows it's not coming.

I think we need to quarantine you. You seem to have caught whatever it is that's making RPGCrazied freak out. We're hardly into the shipping window.

Apenheul

25 hours in and just made it to
Eryth Sea
. The pacing of this game is remarkable, and each area seems more impressive than the last one. I find myself thinking about my next playthough all the time, playing trough it all over again with a different party and focus on different art skills. In some ways it also reminds me of Diablo 2 in that regard, the areas are all very iconic and memorable.

ramyeon

Man, all the people freaking out after less than 2 weeks? Calm the hell down. I've ordered stuff from the states (I live in Australia) and sometimes shipments take up to a month to come in. That's how the postal system works - especially since you're using a free shipping option that would even take like a week to deliver on the same continent! Seriously, I know you want to play the game- I do too - but relax, you WILL get your order. There's a reason why they ask you to wait at least 20 days before enquiring about packages that haven't arrived yet.

/rant

Labadal

Played for 2 hours today. Still in Colony 9 doing sidequests. I easily get lost, plus I don't want to miss any sidequests, wich means I won't be leaving anytime soon.

Top Bottom