• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Reveirg

ramyeon said:
Man, all the people freaking out after less than 2 weeks? Calm the hell down. I've ordered stuff from the states (I live in Australia) and sometimes shipments take up to a month to come in. That's how the postal system works - especially since you're using a free shipping option that would even take like a week to deliver on the same continent! Seriously, I know you want to play the game- I do too - but relax, you WILL get your order. There's a reason why they ask you to wait at least 20 days before enquiring about packages that haven't arrived yet.

/rant

Thing is though, we paid for the shipping at Game, and we're not getting it faster than other places where it's free..

Luigiv

Reveirg said:
Thing is though, we paid for the shipping at Game, and we're not getting it faster than other places where it's free..
What kind of shipping did you pay for? If you went for the cheapest option then there is no difference between that and free shipping.

Varion

Labadal said:
Played for 2 hours today. Still in Colony 9 doing sidequests. I easily get lost, plus I don't want to miss any sidequests, wich means I won't be leaving anytime soon.
There's like 2 points in the game where timed sidequests are wiped (and if it doesn't have a clock by it then it's not timed and is there for the whole game), and you're given a yes/no type choice before them. So you don't really need to worry about missing any.

hutna

ramyeon said:
Man, all the people freaking out after less than 2 weeks? Calm the hell down. I've ordered stuff from the states (I live in Australia) and sometimes shipments take up to a month to come in. That's how the postal system works - especially since you're using a free shipping option that would even take like a week to deliver on the same continent! Seriously, I know you want to play the game- I do too - but relax, you WILL get your order. There's a reason why they ask you to wait at least 20 days before enquiring about packages that haven't arrived yet.

/rant

You forget you are on the internet, where people's pre-existing entitlement complexes are turned to 11.

I really wish Colony 6
reconstruction
wasn't limited to where you are in the story, it's pretty much capped depending on your access to later locations, and I don't want to advance the story yet but I enjoy that particular part of the game, I love seeing
the transformation

RPGCrazied

Twilight Princess said:
It takes up to three weeks for a package to go from the USA to Canada via USPS. So, chill out guys!

Tell that to the person from the states that got his copy 2 days ago from Zavvi no less. :p

RPGCrazied said:
Yeah, but I just wanted to spend no more than $50. My Zavvi order was only $48. Before I reorder it will be after I get a full refund and waiting another 10 days. :( Though after another 5 I probably will just ask for a refund.
Why would you ask for a refund when the game is on its way to your home? Zavvi isn't going to refund it at this point, maybe once you receive it and can ship it back, but at that point it makes no sense. Yeah, it's annoying it's taking so long, but it's a video game, not something your life is depending on. Sit back, find something to occupy your time, and the game will be there before you know it.

eLZhi said:
Why would you ask for a refund when the game is on its way to your home? Zavvi isn't going to refund it at this point, maybe once you receive it and can ship it back, but at that point it makes no sense. Yeah, it's annoying it's taking so long, but it's a video game, not something your life is depending on. Sit back, find something to occupy your time, and the game will be there before you know it.
RPGCrazied
(Today, 07:29 PM)
Reply | Quote

Luigiv

RPGCrazied said:
Tell that to the person from the states that got his copy 2 days ago from Zavvi no less. :p
The postal services in every city aren't all going to be of the same busyness. If your local postal service is going through a bit of a rush period then it's natural that a low priority package will be made to sit a while.

ramyeon

Reveirg said:
Yeah I ordered from GAME as well but the shipping you paid for was Royal Mail aka exactly the same as Zavvi's free shipping option :)

And people will get them at different times even in the same area as you - that's how it works and you're just going to have to deal with it. At the end of the day it's not going to kill you to wait another week - I know I'm busy with uni and relationship commitments so keep yourselves busy as well: it's just a game, no matter how good of one it is.

Complainig about it and talking about how it must have been lost and how you're gonna get a refund at this point is just ridiculous. Take a deep breath and think about something else.

TheExodu5

Banned
What service does GAME ship with? I want to check the status of my order. They gave me a tracking number, but not a site to use it with.

edit: nvm...tried RoyalMail and Parcelforce...tracking number doesn't work in either.

Labadal

Varion said:
There's like 2 points in the game where timed sidequests are wiped (and if it doesn't have a clock by it then it's not timed and is there for the whole game), and you're given a yes/no type choice before them. So you don't really need to worry about missing any.

Ah, very good to hear. Didn't know this.

Ah, it's OK guys. Let us importers vent! There are an unusually high number of first-time importers here because of circumstances beyond our control, and at least we have some place to bounce our feelings around. The first time I imported I was completely in the dark.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a good thing that there are so many people who are anxious to play a wonderful game.

Dunbar

When I ordered from ASDA on Monday, it said would not dispatch for a month. It shipped today. The e-mail also said allow up to 15 working days for delivery, so it will be 3 weeks before I bother calling to see if anything went wrong.

kiryogi

Banned
BlazingDarkness said:
I really wish Colony 6
reconstruction
wasn't limited to where you are in the story, it's pretty much capped depending on your access to later locations, and I don't want to advance the story yet but I enjoy that particular part of the game, I love seeing
the transformation
Mhmm. Its more so something you should pursue end game. However, it is of benefit to do it for at least one level to get the mobile gem refinery.

Varion

Oh goddammit (spoilers for L55 area, and specifically a secret landmark)
Nothing like climbing all the way to the top of the cliff during the rain and the sun coming out just in time for you to gawp at the amazing view..... for a few seconds before you get murdered by a L95 unique bird. I'm now trying to admire the view from a just about safe distance instead.

faridmon

Sorry to be an annoyance, and the thread have moved too fast for my liking, but I have to ask again:

Have anyone finished the game and posted a final impression about it yet?

thanks a lot people.

MYE

Got a notice from the post office today.
I'm gonna send my brother to go get my copy tomorrow.

awww YEAHHHHHHHHH

TheExodu5

Banned
Knux-Future said:
Same Composer apparently.

Yep. From a YouTube comment:

She composed this song. Most other tracks are composed by ACE+ or Manami Kiyota, though.

I'm really liking her work. Radiant Historia OST is one of my favorite of the past decade. She has such beautiful dynamics in her compositions.

edit: oh my god...I've never played Kingdom Hearts 2, but this may be one of the most beautiful video game tracks I've ever heard

Dearly Beloved

Hype +1 for Xenoblade.

Hmm... I'm having a weird problem when I play this game on my Wii. I just got it today and it works wonderfully with Dolphin, but on the Wii the game is in black and white and has some extreme over-scanning issues.

I tried loading the game though the USBloadergx and with Gecko and it does the same thing. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

I mean it's not a huge deal since I'm happy with it on Dolphin, but I'd still like to fix it if I can.

TheExodu5

Banned
Sounds like you're playing at 480i. I'm pretty sure you need to play this game on a progressive display, unless you force NTSC mode somehow.

hioh631 said:
Hmm... I'm having a weird problem when I play this game on my Wii. I just got it today and it works wonderfully with Dolphin, but on the Wii the game is in black and white and has some extreme over-scanning issues.

I tried loading the game though the USBloadergx and with Gecko and it does the same thing. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

I mean it's not a huge deal since I'm happy with it on Dolphin, but I'd still like to fix it if I can.

It works fine in 480i if you use Force NTSC, as TheExodu5 said.

For some of these quests do you have to return to the person to get credit or when you get the notification after you do whatever the task is are you good? I'm a bit confused with that.

Varion

hioh631 said:
For some of these quests do you have to return to the person to get credit or when you get the notification after you do whatever the task is are you good? I'm a bit confused with that.
Some you do, some you don't. If you've finished the quest it'll pop up telling you that you've cleared the quest, otherwise I'll just be added to that quest's entry in the log. Think someone said (I haven't really checked) that named NPCs generally want confirmation, generic townsfolk don't.

It's not so bad though, the named NPCs generally have quest chains and so as soon as you report one a lot of the time they have another one ready for you.

Top Bottom