• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

RPGCrazied

I just noticed Zavvi can trace it to a point, so I asked if she could tell me if it made it to the US at least, or is it still stuck at customs. Can't wait to hear the response.

RPGCrazied said:
I just noticed Zavvi can trace it to a point, so I asked if she could tell me if it made it to the US at least, or is it still stuck at customs. Can't wait to hear the response.
fell off the plane.`

Just got this from Amazon
Hello,

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on June 25 2011 (Order# 105-2059474-0764262).

"Monado: Beginning of the World"
Estimated arrival date: September 24 2011

At least they're still "trying to obtain", or whatever stock thing that means.

DownLikeBCPowder said:

don't worry. they'll catch on and put up a date. they did that with Graces F for ps3.

I'm kind of digging the way combat is handled so far, although I have literally just started. The environments are really nice as well, and I love being able to look in the distance. About the only think I hate at this point is how the character moves around in the over world. Good lord that shit is terrible. Looks like a random low quality freeware game where the character looks like he has no real belonging, weight, or existence in the gaming environment. Ice skating galore, and his jumping is pretty horrific as well. Outside of those two things, it seems like it could really get interesting, with lots of things to along the way.

Does the story actually get interesting at some point? Right now, it hasn't pulled me in at all(still early). Writing just seems to be average, which is fine, as that is all I expected.

kiryogi

Banned
abstract alien said:
I'm kind of digging the way combat is handled so far, although I have literally just started. The environments are really nice as well, and I love being able to look in the distance. About the only think I hate at this point is how the character moves around in the over world. Good lord that shit is terrible. Looks like a random low quality freeware game where the character looks like he has no real belonging, weight, or existence in the gaming environment. Ice skating galore, and his jumping is pretty horrific as well. Outside of those two things, it seems like it could really get interesting, with lots of things to along the way.

Does the story actually get interesting at some point? Right now, it hasn't pulled me in at all(still early). Writing just seems to be average, which is fine, as that is all I expected.
I've said this before. Its a Tetsuya Takahashi game. He does not ever disappoint.

Zwei

DownLikeBCPowder said:

Got the same e-mail. and oddly enough, we preordered on the same day. >.>

kiryogi said:
I've said this before. Its a Tetsuya Takahashi game. He does not ever disappoint.

Amen.

M-PG71C

I'm still waiting for my copy from ASDA, the wait is pure murder. It'll be worth it though, I been waiting a long damn time for this. Lucky European fucks. :D

EDIT: Whew, the wait wil truly be long. It took over a month for Another Code R and Disaster to come Stateside for me. I got at least two more weeks to go. :/

kiryogi

Banned
Laughing Banana said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xweRl4LZlmo&feature=related

I haven't even got the game and yet............. This and Radiant Historia... This is one amazing composer.

My oh my oh my. If by some chance I happen to meet Reggie on a street somewhere I'll be sure to punch him straight on the jaw for not localizing this game, hahaha.

Very beautiful overworld theme.

Can't wait to get my hands on this.
I'm shocked how many people don't know who Shimomura is. That said, the majority of the credit for the Xenoblade score is actually more so ACE+ and Manami Kiyota. And while Shimomuras work is nice here, it looks like Radiant Historia was fully composed by her versus bits and pieces like Xenoblade or The Third Birthday.

Gvaz said:
I think an NA copy would sell poorly actually. Everyone who's interested has probably imported :V

I think the actual number of importers is pretty small. I hate to say it, but I think most Americans who will end up playing it will do so with illicit copies.

If it comes out here, word of mouth and press hype would be fairly substantial. Not even just because the game is good, but because there would actually be something on the Wii worth talking about -- which is news in itself.

M-PG71C

Gvaz said:
I think an NA copy would sell poorly actually. Everyone who's interested has probably imported :V

I dunno, I think I would buy a NTSC copy honestly. Monolith Software is one of my favorite developers so buying it twice in a row, to support them, would be worth it.

But I think I'm in a minority. The most we can hope for from NOA is they'll bring The Last Story and Pandora's Tower next year as NOE is doing. That's one fuck of a stretch though.

Varion

kiryogi said:
I'm shocked how many people don't know who Shimomura is. That said, the majority of the credit for the Xenoblade score is actually more so ACE+ and Manami Kiyota. And while Shimomuras work is nice here, it looks like Radiant Historia was fully composed by her versus bits and pieces like Xenoblade or The Third Birthday.
I really hope we hear from ACE+ and Kiyota in the future, they pretty much appeared out of nowhere and, as far as I know, disappeared back into it afterwards. Was pretty disappointed when I first read that it wouldn't be all Shimomura, but damn if they didn't do an amazing job on their tracks.

Maybe they could bring them back for that Monolith WiiU game?

M-PG71C said:
I dunno, I think I would buy a NTSC copy honestly. Monolith Software is one of my favorite developers so buying it twice in a row, to support them, would be worth it.

But I think I'm in a minority. The most we can hope for from NOA is they'll bring The Last Story and Pandora's Tower next year as NOE is doing. That's one fuck of a stretch though.
i doubt it. i think they are just going to focus their time with Wii U and 3DS now. they'll just let other territories do what they want.

Zwei

SecretMoblin said:
Here's a Spanish website (or at least the language is Spanish
I think
) suggesting that there's a stock shortage throughout Europe.

run through Google translate:

Chronicles Xenoblade stock is experiencing problems in Europe

The title is completely sold out in Spain.
It seems that the first batch of copies of the game has suffered Chronicles Xenoblade stock problems in Europe because the title is very difficult to find in all countries, including such important powers such as Britain, France and Germany. Stores like shopt have said they have received a new shipment, while Amazon UK had the title temporarily out of stock.

In Spain the situation appears no better, as the title is completely sold out our country. Chains such as Game, Fnac and the like no longer have the title or its database, due to the small number of units that seem to have come to this consignment.

Fortunately for users, this seems a new case Inazuma Eleven for Nintendo DS, which was serious Stock during the first three weeks and now has a normal distribution.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Gvaz said:
I'll buy it again and sell my PAL copy. I'd rather collect the local versions, and GODDAMN do I want NoA's localization stance to change.

If not, that's fine, I'll keep sending my money to NoE, and I'll hope someone local wants to grab that money someday...

Varion

Gvaz said:
So I have a few timed quests in the Plains, can someone tell me my point of no return to complete them?
When you get a choice and say you're ready. Or more specifically
when you say you're ready to move people back to Colony 6.

Effect

Gvaz said:

I don't think you could say that. It's unknown how many people would buy this simply do to it being on the shelves. The same thing for all games. The importers are small in the grand scheme. This is clearly a good game and with the press it's gotten and with a bit of advertising talking about those scores it would do okay sales wise. The key is to have reasonable expectations based on genre current condition and due to lack of fostering of a community for the genre.

If they want Dragon Quest X to do well they should be leading up to it. They aren't and Zelda doesn't count because that isn't an RPG.

Does Nintendo go to PAX?

Effect said:
Does Nintendo go to PAX?

Yes. Their lineup:

Nintendo 3DS:
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Star Fox 64 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Pokédex 3D
Shinobi
Sonic Generations

Wii:
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Rhythm Heaven
Fortune Street

Nintendo DS:
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2
Kirby Mass Attack

I doubt we'll see any announcement, but who knows. They are NoA, after all.

Effect

If they were to make an announcement on the game that would be the place to do it though as the Japan even will focus on the 3DS and be Japan focused after all. With almost all the reviews being 9+ out of 10 now would be a good time to capitalize on the game. Having the game being sold out and difficult to get in Europe doesn't hurt on the press side of things. It does a good job of hyping the game. Who wouldn't be intrigued or interested in a game that is selling out. Though this is NoA.

M-PG71C

DMPrince said:
i doubt it. i think they are just going to focus their time with Wii U and 3DS now. they'll just let other territories do what they want.

Like I said, one fuck of a stretch. Surely they would want to release games but after this year, I really do wonder. NOA has been disappointing honestly.

Effect said:
If they were to make an announcement on the game that would be the place to do it though as the Japan even will focus on the 3DS and be Japan focused after all. With almost all the reviews being 9+ out of 10 now would be a good time to capitalize on the game. Having the game being sold out and difficult to get in Europe doesn't hurt on the press side of things. It does a good job of hyping the game. Who wouldn't be intrigued or interested in a game that is selling out. Though this is NoA.

Nintendo lost their ability to market non-flagship, non-casual games this generation. They were brilliant at pushing the Wii and the DS into millions of homes and brilliant at selling Nintendogs and Brain Age, but when it comes to some amazing exclusive games on their systems they just aren't able to tell people about them.

And it makes me sad.

Eusis

Gvaz said:
You'd think the same would happen with Demon's Souls, and that doesn't even have the excuse of region locking, yet it still did well enough to hit Greatest Hits here.

For anyone who lives in Canada and has ordered this game from game.co.uk, is it weird that i have not received my copy yet?

It said that it shipped on release day but it hasn't arrived yet. And it seems some north american importers already have their copies so I thought I would ask.

Cost of tracking for international shipments are almost certainly prohibitively large, especially for tiny packages. As long as the packages left the warehouse, they should arrive. Though dates vary wildly.

x3r0123

PoorFate said:
For anyone who lives in Canada and has ordered this game from game.co.uk, is it weird that i have not received my copy yet?

It said that it shipped on release day but it hasn't arrived yet. And it seems some north american importers already have their copies so I thought I would ask.

i got my game a few days ago but my friend is still waiting for his copy to arrive so it should arrive sooner or later.

btw, i got the collectors and he got the standard edition

I don't think I like dealing with equipment in this game. Everything I get doesn't seem great, or is hard to compare because the item my character is not wearing doesn't have filled slots so it's always hard to tell. They should just assume the slots will be filled with the same thing, or maybe give you a way to compare just armor vs. armor. Also, they tend to explain every single detail in tutorials EXCEPT I don't think they've explained agility/ether/ect. so I don't really know how to spec out my characters.

SecretMoblin said:
Cost of tracking for international shipments are almost certainly prohibitively large, especially for tiny packages. As long as the packages left the warehouse, they should arrive. Though dates vary wildly.

I once lost five games in the span of a month, so... I usually pay for tracking now.
And now I'm contributing to the off-topic shit.

Just checked on my copy, and according to DHL, it arrived in Rutherford, NJ early Thursday morning. Hopefully the travel time from there to Chicago won't be too much longer.

Starting to get excited to play this, and after watching various trailers, my wife is actually excited to *watch* me play it lol

Lord Ghirahim said:
I once lost five games in the span of a month, so... I usually pay for tracking now.
And now I'm contributing to the off-topic shit.

Yikes. Thankfully I've never lost anything. Knock on wood, though...

Back to the topic at hand:

Quote said:
I don't think I like dealing with equipment in this game. Everything I get doesn't seem great, or is hard to compare because the item my character is not wearing doesn't have filled slots so it's always hard to tell. They should just assume the slots will be filled with the same thing, or maybe give you a way to compare just armor vs. armor. Also, they tend to explain every single detail in tutorials EXCEPT I don't think they've explained agility/ether/ect. so I don't really know how to spec out my characters.
I agree with all of this, especially the comparison part. I wish I could have a green or red number next to my current stats. I also wish they would just stack the exact same armor, because it makes the equipping process much more of a chore than it could be.

I'm slowly beginning to like the gem system, though.

Top Bottom