• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

SecretMoblin said:
You haven't played FFXII yet? Man, I wish I could play that again for the first time. That game was great.

Yes. I tend to do a lot of catch up with older games.

xtrasauce said:
The game does everything to give you an awesome feeling of freedom though, so I somewhat doubt that anyone actually "rushed through it".

You KNOW that some Japanese people rushed through it so they can get to the ending and relay stuff to other people as fast as possible :x

RPGCrazied

40hours to long?

That's to short! I expect my jRPG's to be looooooong. That's why I didn't enjoy Eternal Sonata or Fragile Dreams as much. To short for my liking.

Marrshu said:
You're going to pass up one of the best games of the generation because it's too long? Seriously?
^^^THIS

"a great game is great " how many hours you spent in this title is irrevelant since if you like the genre you're likely not gonna see the hours pass ..

RPGCrazied

It gets stuck at 99:59 or something. I'll so see this first time playing. :p

I had like 156hours in Final Fantasy X. Those were the days!

flyover

Luigiv said:
Yeah, It'll be interesting to see exactly how far I'll be able to get in too. I normally don't have the patience for 100+ hour games myself, so I highly doubt I'll see the end of the game.
It can still be worth it. For example, I only played less than half of Okami, until
I beat Orochi for the first time
, but I still enjoyed it and considered it a complete experience. I just was done at that point.

That's the only time I can remember that happening -- and I'm sure I'll be playing Xenoblade all the way through -- but it was kind of nice to know you can feel you got your money's worth from a game, even if you don't finish it.

Codeblue

RPGCrazied said:
40hours to long?

That's to short! I expect my jRPG's to be looooooong. That's why I didn't enjoy Eternal Sonata or Fragile Dreams as much. To short for my liking.

That's why you didnt like Fragile? I barely made it through the 15 hours it took me.

Jarate said:
anyone know how well the japanese version ran on dolphin?

It runs flawlessly if you have a good enough PC -- but as with all Wii games, there can be sound issues.

Read the original thread for the game here. Some people played it on Dolphin, and there are tons of screenshots and info (there's more Dolphin stuff near the back of the thread).

Kandinsky

My shipping date is showing Sept. 2, and I was expecting the game mid Sept. I think im screwed lol, October it is then?.

It the end it doesnt really matter, I know it will be worth the wait, I'll just stay away from this place :D

Antagon

Marrshu said:
You're going to pass up one of the best games of the generation because it's too long? Seriously?

Well, I'm still going to get it but I'm bummed by the length as well. I'd like to finish games and it'd take months with this, while theres still a lot of other great games coming out.

InsertNameHere said:
I wonder just how many people are importing this game in the US.
The entire Jrpg community that hasn't got the game in japanese already ??
After disaster , we know it's pointless to wait for NOA anyway

Chesskid1

Banned
did anyone order the version with the steel book/cover?

if so, please take pics when it arrives. really curious to see how the steel cover is. we've already got pics of the collector's edition, no steel book though.

Chesskid1 said:
did anyone order the version with the steel book/cover?

if so, please take pics when it arrives. really curious to see how the steel cover is. we've already got pics of the collector's edition, no steel book though.

Which country got a steel cover??

Diffense

I'm importing and I wouldn't even consider my self a JPRG fanatic.
This is my first import ever and first system hack.

I've been following this title since 2009 while taking a NA release for granted for most of the time (game was shown at E3 after all and was present on release lists).
For NOA to so arrogantly pass on the game despite all previous indications (and a barren 2011 release schedule to boot) was a huge letdown for me.
So once a european release was confirmed importing was a no-brainer since it was obvious there would be few other options to play.

The Xenoblade/TLS debacle, being a part of a general neglect of the Wii, as well as the massive and early 3DS price-drop has made me REALLY wary of Nintendo going forward.

Chesskid1

Banned
PumpkinPie said:
Which country got a steel cover??

i don't know which countries for sure.

http://www.game.fr/Product/Default.aspx?SKU=102860

looks like a preorder bonus for game france, only thing i could find about it. looks like it could be really nice if they do it right. haven't seen anyone mention it.

ORRek.jpg

Foffy

Banned
Diffense said:
The Xenoblade/TLS debacle, being a part of a general neglect of the Wii, as well as the massive and early 3DS price-drop has made me REALLY wary of Nintendo going forward.

One can hope they enter another Gamecube phase where there are very few major exclusives between regions, or even letting other companies publish their lower-profile games. It's bad in a way, because that's hoping Nintendo does pretty poorly compared to the other competitors, but with the rise of DS and Wii, we've experienced the most notable cases of neglect with it effecting Zelda spin-offs to major first party titles. I mean shit, this game isn't even out yet in English (just a few more days...) but I'm already worried about Monolith's Wii U game. ;_;

But my body probably isn't ready for this game. I might as well try to finish OoT3D in the meantime! :3

Luigiv said:
I don't think anyone's bothered try yet but going by the range of completion times I've heard quoted, you might be able to get as "low" as 40 hours if you just rush through.

Is that 40 with no sidequests?

I heard ~80 thrown around. That's my only real apprehension with getting this game early. I need a good chunk of free time to dive in, and luckily, September seems pretty bare. But I might just be replaying Deus Ex over and over.

Reknoc

RPGCrazied said:
40hours to long?

Being short is the least of either of those games problem.

Chesskid1

Banned
french forums

http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/JeuxVideo/Consoles/xenoblade-chronicles-sortie-sujet_159687_1.htm

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/0-23493-0-1-0-1-0-xenoblade-chronicles.htm

i used google translate to read some, that's how i found out how france had the steelbook. pretty sure they said its dual-layered, 6.5GB+. make sure your wii has no problem reading dual-layered DVDs. i used google translate so can't confirm accuracy. (very bored)

110813012400674971.jpg

"jeux video and co" is the store name i think for any french out there. also maybe micromania. some people are complaining of disc read errors on french forum as well.

Chesskid1 said:
french forums

http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/JeuxVideo/Consoles/xenoblade-chronicles-sortie-sujet_159687_1.htm

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/0-23493-0-1-0-1-0-xenoblade-chronicles.htm

i used google translate to read some, that's how i found out how france had the steelbook. pretty sure they said its dual-layered, 6.5GB+. make sure your wii has no problem reading dual-layered DVDs. i used google translate so can't confirm accuracy. (very bored)

http://hfr-rehost.net/preview/http://nsa28.casimages.com/img/2011/08/13/110813012400674971.jpg

"jeux video and co" is the store name i think for any french out there. some people are complaining of disc read errors on french forum as well.

Merci beaucoup for the links/info. This is almost like a console launch.

...OK, not really. But it is fascinating!

Luigiv

RPGCrazied said:
40hours to long?

Not aimed at you specifically but since people are taking my word for it, I said possibly 40 if you rush, I don't actually know for sure and was merely guestimating, based on reported time vs reported quests complete. Most jgaffers managed to max the timer long before they reached the end but they were trying to complete every quest in every area right up until they couldn't take anymore and then rushing to the end.

I played the Subspace Emissary again in SSBB because people said the videos in the beginning are dual layered. I had no problem with it, no stuttering or anything, I guess that means my Wii has no problems playing dual layered games.

The last days are going so slow, I have nothing to play :(

DownLikeBCPowder said:
So Zavvi charged me, are they shipping by chance?

I just checked mine and had not been charged, release and despatch date still showing as 2nd September so I just cancelled and went with ShopTo instead, at least I know I'll get it either on or before release date then.

SecretMoblin said:
Merci beaucoup for the links/info. This is almost like a console launch.

...OK, not really. But it is fascinating!
My insomnia seems to agree with you; but seriously, have JRPG fans ever had anything so special on wii, or any platform this gen for that matter. I expect this to blow Lost Oddysey Combined with FF XIII out of the water.
I don't wanna know anything about those damm giant things until I meet one for myself.

Can't believe some French stores already have it... Putain de merde.

Yeshua

crazyjah2003 said:
Can't believe some French stores already have it... Putain de merde.
Indeed, there is no chance to have the artbook if I only register the game on friday, I guess I will cancel my order and go for the normal edition with normal shipping I will save 20€.

Pietepiet

slaughterking said:
Club Nintendo registrations usually only start to work on the day of release.

Yup. In fact, if it does work early there's a chance it might not register properly and you'll miss the bonus that way. I almost had this happen with Monster Hunter Tri's registration bonus, until I decided to contact Nintendo, and they told me it was because I registered earlier than the game was actually out. They sent me the bonus after that, though.

Torraz

Franchuzas87 said:
Metro Online review [9/10]

The second one that accounts for Metacritic. They seem not thrilled with the British dubbing, but otherwise, they loved the game.

As I hope I do. Two/three days more...

Luckily the review mentions the possibility of japanese voices - which I did not even know where part of the package until now.

This just further increased my hype-o-meter.

wrowa

Has anyone already reported on USB loader compatibility?

JonStark said:
Just got the CE today for 59€, so I get the posters, the GAME exclusive steelbook, the artbook and the red CC... good deal IMO :D
Well, at least I get the game :(

Top Bottom