• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Marrshu said:
You're going to pass up one of the best games of the generation because it's too long? Seriously?

most of the games, even today are too long for what they have to offer. i'd rather play a 3h game with no 'extra' BS like portal than a game that goes on forever and overstays it's welcome like Okami.

yes this is an RPG but i'd prefer 20h for the main quest and sidestuff for everyone who wants to do it.

wrowa said:
Has anyone already reported on USB loader compatibility?

Well, at least I get the game :(

I'm tempted to get another CE (resell the game itself), and sell the artbook to a fellow gaffer. Anyone interested ?

Yeshua

slaughterking said:
Club Nintendo registrations usually only start to work on the day of release.
Well I'm supposedd to receive it friday slighty after noon, I don't think the 1000 artbooks will last that much-_-

JonStark said:
I'm tempted to get another CE (resell the game itself), and sell the artbook to a fellow gaffer. Anyone interested ?
Well, do you plan to start a bidding war for the artbook or do you have a certain price in mind? :p

Franchuzas87 said:
Metro Online review [9/10]

The second one that accounts for Metacritic. They seem not thrilled with the British dubbing, but otherwise, they loved the game.

As I hope I do. Two/three days more...

Not exactly a crowded field...but

gamecentral said:
The best Japanese role-player of the current generation
from reviewers I respect is getting me hyped for this.

Phenomic

CruxisMana said:
If anyone is still looking to preorder the game, I've noticed that GAME have reduced the price of the regular edition to £29.99.

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/Wii/Act...Chronicles-/~r355973/?s=Xenoblade+Chronicles+

BEST DAY! Not only did they sent me an email this morning telling me the lower price will be charged they also sent me another one telling me it is going to process my card and dispatch to me! 4 to 6 Business Day Shipping. This wait is seeming to get more bearable and my pocket isn't going to hurt so much.

From the Email: "The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the day of release." YES!

I don't even have words. I was expecting to have to call up Europe and fight them to cancel the preorder and update the price. Apparently not!

Concerning the CE artbook I have received some PM, I'll be shipping it for like 20bucks + shipping (perhaps less, depending of the quality of the product, harcover or not, etc...).

If interested PM me and I'll choose randomly. If I guet no response, then I'll choose another one, etc.

I thinks it's the most fair way, can't do better :D

Shiggy

Lissar said:
Anyone know if game.fr ships to Germany? My boyfriend says he really wants that steelbook.

I don't think so. Do we know anything about the steelbook?

xenoblade_goodies.jpg

Apparently that's the limited artbook? So no Club Nintendo offer?

hipgnosis

JonStark said:
Concerning the CE artbook I have received some PM, I'll be shipping it for like 20bucks + shipping (perhaps less, depending of the quality of the product, harcover or not, etc...).

If interested PM me and I'll choose randomly. If I guet no response, then I'll choose another one, etc.

I thinks it's the most fair way, can't do better :D
PM'd again.

Shiggy

Well, some get

- Classic Controller Pro (red)
- three posters
- steelbook

We have yet to get an official confirmation for that artbook, Nintendo France has not made an official statement.

Shiggy

Chesskid1 said:
huh? it says STEELBOOK right next to it. google search xenoblade artbook if you wanna see the artbook. artbook is france only via club nintendo/steelbook is preoder bonus from game.fr only i believe. feel free to correct.
We have yet to see anything official about the artbook. Nintendo France has not commented on it, have they?

[Nintex]

Zafir said:
These bonuses were very poorly handled in terms of communication weren't they?
After Donkey Kong Country Returns launched Nintendo mysteriously replaced their entire marketing team with monkeys.

Shiggy

[Nintex] said:
After Donkey Kong Country Returns launched Nintendo mysteriously replaced their entire marketing team with monkeys.

Really? I only knew that the German head of marketing left. Pascal Schmidt left in April and only last week they got a new one... and you know where they found him after searching for 4 months? At Nintendo BeNeLux lol

[Nintex]

Shiggy said:
Really? I only knew that the German head of marketing left. Pascal Schmidt left in April and only last week they got a new one... and you know where they found him after searching for 4 months? At Nintendo BeNeLux lol
Is Frank now Nintendo's top dog?

Chesskid1

Banned
Shiggy said:
We have yet to see anything official about the artbook. Nintendo France has not commented on it, have they?

quick google shows they announced it bout 2 weeks ago, first 1k frenchys to register get the artbook.

i wanna see the steelbook. if it's just the art and looks like it does in that picture and is nice quality, may have to hunt one down.

Yeshua

Shiggy said:
Nintendo France Marketing Director Mathieu Minel recently left.

Shiggy

Chesskid1 said:
quick google shows they announced it bout 2 weeks ago, first 1k frenchys to register get the artbook.

i wanna see the steelbook. if it's just the art and looks like it does in that picture and is nice quality, may have to hunt one down.

I don't find the official announcement, sorry.

[Nintex] said:
Is Frank now Nintendo's top dog?

No, no, not even in Germany. He's only head of marketing at Nintendo Germany.

ManeKast

I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for Xenoblade Chronicles (with red Classic Controller) is now being processed subject to successful payment being taken from your credit card when it is dispatched. The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the day of release.

By using the GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service you have ensured that you will be among the first people to receive Xenoblade Chronicles (with red Classic Controller), and we are confident that you will be happy with the order, our service and our speedy delivery!

Yes.

LevityNYC

Banned
From game.co.uk.

"Order status log
15/08/2011 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.
Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.
15/08/2011 Your order is held for credit checking.
15/08/2011 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for fulfilment.
30/06/2011 Your order is currently held as a Preorder"

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

mclem

Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.

WE ARE GO FOR LAUNCH!

(Yes, I am somewhat excited. Not least because this falls just as I've polished off Saints Row and Sly 1 from the Collection)

LevityNYC

Banned
"I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for Xenoblade Chronicles (with red Classic Controller) is now being processed subject to successful payment being taken from your credit card when it is dispatched. The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the day of release.

By using the GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service you have ensured that you will be among the first people to receive Xenoblade Chronicles (with red Classic Controller), and we are confident that you will be happy with the order, our service and our speedy delivery!"

1254334927_celebration-dance.gif

Damn it! I got a email saying my card was blocked. I called my CC company to remove the block and now I have to call them? WTF?! I'm not spending $2 a minute to call the UK. Has anyone else had this issue? What did they do?

mclem

Big Papa Husker said:
Damn it! I got a email saying my card was blocked. I called my CC company to remove the block and now I have to call them? WTF?! I'm not spending $2 a minute to call the UK. Has anyone else had this issue? What did they do?

Use a calling card or SkypeOut? Those should work out cheaper than $2/min.

wrowa

Big Papa Husker said:
Cancel the order and pre-order somewhere else?

Luigiv

Big Papa Husker said:
Use a VoIP service or buy an international calling card or something. It'll net you a much more reasonable calling rate.

Edit: Beaten like an old whore.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Oh shit, looks like I'm getting an extra copy. I didn't have a confirmation for the special addition order so I figured it never processed and I didn't show any activity on my card at the time so I reordered the game only version through paypal. Oh well, I'll sell it on eBay. I'm sure I'll find someone who'll at least pay $50 for it.

Zwei

LevityNYC said:
From game.co.uk.

"Order status log
15/08/2011 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.
Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.
15/08/2011 Your order is held for credit checking.
15/08/2011 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for fulfilment.
30/06/2011 Your order is currently held as a Preorder"

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Gentlemen, the day is nearing.

dc8w2o.gif

Big Papa Husker said:
I want the special edition and Game is the only people that sell it.

Try a different card

or

try ordering from Gamestation instead, they are owned by Game and accept Paypal. They have the special edition in stock...not sure if they do international delivery.

Top Bottom