• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

EDarkness

LevityNYC said:
From game.co.uk.

"Order status log
15/08/2011 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.
Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.
15/08/2011 Your order is held for credit checking.
15/08/2011 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for fulfilment.
30/06/2011 Your order is currently held as a Preorder"

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here. It'll be nice to play this again in English!!

Zafir

Nah, GAME generally process on a monday, then ship on the tuesday or wednesday. Infact most UK companys do.

Much better than what happens in the US, seems like they only ship the day before at the earliest, so it's a gamble whether you'll get it on release date.

Zafir said:
Nah, GAME generally process on a monday, then ship on the tuesday or wednesday. Infact most UK companys do.

Normally for me, they process and dispatch the game 2 days before the release date and I'm lucky enough to always get it the next day.

If Zavvi are dispatching today, then I would have the game tomorrow if I'd ordered from them.

Zafir

CruxisMana said:
Normally for me, they process and dispatch the game 2 days before the release date and I'm lucky enough to always get it the next day.

If Zavvi are dispatching today, then I would have the game tomorrow if I'd ordered from them.
Really?

With Zavvi it depends for me. Usually if it's being sent by courier, then it's shipped the day before release, and arrives on release day. For everything else, it tends to ship out on monday or tuesday, and then arrive on the thursday.

Zafir

Interesting review, I sighed when I read about the hour and a half long boss battles though. That seems rather over-kill in terms of time. A boss battle doesn't need to be long to be difficult. I'd rather a 20min boss battle which challenges you every second.
Dachande said:
I just ordered this from Gamestation - any ideas whether people's orders from there are getting shipped today?
They're owned by the same people as GAME, so should do.

Zafir said:
Interesting review, I sighed when I read about the hour and a half long boss battles though. That seems rather over-kill in terms of time. A boss battle doesn't need to be long to be difficult. I'd rather a 20min boss battle which challenges you every second.

That's the only part that I didn't like. I'm not a fan of boss battles.

But other than that I'm glad they liked the British VA and I can't wait to hear the evil Cockney Mechon.

Pyrokai

My GAME order was cancelled, and they provided no reason. I'm so upset. Does this mean I won't be able to get the red controller? Is it a pre-order thing only? What should I do guys? :(

Maybe it's because my bank doesn't allow my card to be used outside of the US and I just have to authorize it?

RPGCrazied

Yes!!!!

My order was Despatched!

What a way to wake up this morning.

Delivery Method: Free Delivery - delivered in 2-3 working days

I don't think I'll get it that fast, that is probably for EU. :p If I get it by this weekend I'll be thrilled and will do Last Story from Zavvi too.

What's this I hear about an Steel Book? First time hearing it. Damn that sucks, I want that. I seriously doubt someone will sell just the case on eBay?

Does Zavvi not give tracking #'s? I want to track this!

Chairhome

Are there any other ASDA coupon codes that work? I missed the boat on ordering, want to see the best option for buying in the US....

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Zafir said:

They're owned by the same people as GAME, so should do.

While it has been awhile since I played the game, I don't recall any boss battles being that long. If there had been I probably would have complained about it, and took breaks in-between. I hate pointless long boss battles.

Also:

It's also a real shame that nobody bothered to lip-sync the English dialogue, which mars the otherwise very good localisation.

I would have been amazed if they had done this, since it wasn't really lip-synced in Japanese either.

Zafir

RPGCrazied said:
Yes!!!!

My order was Despatched!

What a way to wake up this morning.

Delivery Method: Free Delivery - delivered in 2-3 working days

I don't think I'll get it that fast, that is probably for EU. :p If I get it by this weekend I'll be thrilled and will do Last Story from Zavvi too.

What's this I hear about an Steel Book? First time hearing it. Damn that sucks, I want that. I seriously doubt someone will sell just the case on eBay?

Does Zavvi not give tracking #'s? I want to track this!
Most cheap post services don't give tracking.

As for the steelbook. They were offering it at game.fr with the big box edition. Gutting really. France gets a nice steelbook AND a nice artbook. Never thought I'd say this, but, I wish I was french. :(

RPGCrazied

slaughterking said:
With all your dispatch notifications I'm almost inclined to go on another futile search for an early copy of this game. :I

Do you live in EU? Lucky. I'd be all over town today if I was you. But that's just me. :p

RPGCrazied

Zafir said:
Most cheap post services don't give tracking.

As for the steelbook. They were offering it at game.fr with the big box edition. Gutting really. France gets a nice steelbook AND a nice artbook. Never thought I'd say this, but, I wish I was french. :(

Oh. Bummer. I always get tracking #'s here in the US on stuff I buy. Was just curious, and I always get the free/dirt cheap shipping.

PumpkinPie said:
Try a different card

or

try ordering from Gamestation instead, they are owned by Game and accept Paypal. They have the special edition in stock...not sure if they do international delivery.
They do do international delivery, but I can't find how to use Paypal. Any ideas?

EDIT: Digging around I found their payment page HERE. It says that they accept paypal, then down a few lines says they don't accept it. WTF mate?!

vitacola

Big Papa Husker said:
They do do international delivery, but I can't find how to use Paypal. Any ideas?

EDIT: Digging around I found their payment page HERE. It says that they accept paypal, then down a few lines says they don't accept it. WTF mate?!
I tried ordering with PayPal there myself and always got an error screen. So I contacted the live chat support and they told me that they removed PayPal, but it's still on the website. Don't ask me why ...

RPGCrazied

Yeah. I didn't get that. This should get at least 8.5 in graphics. I don't think it would be able to run on PS3/360 systems without major technical problems. Probably not possible.

wsippel

Banned
weeaboo said:
Oh, c'moooooooon ffs IGN........
Yeah, that's really stupid. If they consider the art direction great and know the platform simply can't do much better, they should have given it a higher score.

Zafir

Yeah, but a limitation of the console, also makes it a limitation of the game as well, since they decided to put it on the Wii in the first place. 7 is perhaps a bit harsh, but I can see the reasoning. It's not like it affected the overall score much anyway.

Many nines. What is great, but it also means that it can hardly aspire to 90 on sites like Metacritic or GameRankings (a couple of eights and the average will fall).

But that is the least (Demon's Souls has a 89 on Metacritic and is a truly amazing game). Xenoblade seems to live up expectations!

RPGCrazied said:
Yeah. I didn't get that. This should get at least 8.5 in graphics. I don't think it would be able to run on PS3/360 systems without major technical problems. Probably not possible.
Anything the Wii can do (graphics-wise), PS3/360 can do better. That isn't up for debate.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
RPGCrazied said:

IGN's logic is pretty stupid but this... I don't even know what to say about this.

RPGCrazied

Then I guess the draw distance will have to be cut back, have horrible screen tearing and shitty FPS. :p

Sure Final Fantasy XIII had a great overworld field. It can be done I guess. Did you play it on the 360? The fps was shit on the field.

I guess it depends on how its programmed. I still think it would have some issues. Maybe screen tearing, or whatever else.

Tucah

you speak so well
RPGCrazied said:

Sarcasm? There should be absolutely no doubt that anything the Wii can do graphically the PS3/360 can do much better.

Top Bottom