• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Dizzy-4U

slaughterking said:
Yeah, but when you play it you will love us. <3

/edit/ Holy crap at that price. :0
I know I will!!!

Yeah the price is pretty high but I have no other choice. I'm a Xeno-freak and I need this game (I know it has nothing to do with the Xeno-series, but still...)

Amala

For anybody still waiting for their copy from GAME, have you contacted them to verify your copies were indeed shipped? And if so, have they gotten back to you? I've contacted them but no reply.

Amala said:
For anybody still waiting for their copy from GAME, have you contacted them to verify your copies were indeed shipped? And if so, have they gotten back to you? I've contacted them but no reply.

Ive contacted them twice and have recieved no reply.

Amala

JumpingTheGun said:
Ive contacted them twice and have recieved no reply.

That's not cool. I'm hoping the shipping is just slow. They charged my credit card so I would assume it shipped out but I've heard some people saying that they ran out and erroneously processed orders as shipped. Apparently they get more on 9/2. If that's the case and they accidentally charged cards, at the very least they should overnight the copies when they get em in.

Zafir

They'll have been shipped, I don't doubt that. It's just clearly got held up somewhere.

As for no reply, it's probably due to the website problems they've been having. They changed their website design and since that it's been up and down like a yo-yo.

Amala

Zafir said:
They'll have been shipped, I don't doubt that. It's just clearly got held up somewhere.

As for no reply, it's probably due to the website problems they've been having. They changed their website design and since that it's been up and down like a yo-yo.

That makes sense - simplest explanation is usually the most accurate. :)

Amala said:
That's not cool. I'm hoping the shipping is just slow. They charged my credit card so I would assume it shipped out but I've heard some people saying that they ran out and erroneously processed orders as shipped. Apparently they get more on 9/2. If that's the case and they accidentally charged cards, at the very least they should overnight the copies when they get em in.

Yeah my credit card was charged too and I got an email saying it was dispatched last Wednesday so who knows. At this point Im still hyped, but not nearly as much as I was last week when I was under the impression that Id really get it in "4-6" days. However, Im a first time importer so I guess some naiveness should come with the territory. Im hoping when it finally arrives my reaction will be more than "Oh....nice....Xenoblades finally here."

Hiltz

This game could have been a nightmare in terms of backtracking given how massive the environments are. Thankfully, Monolith Soft made some very wise decisions to not only solve such issues, but actually make it enjoyable to encourage players to explore different locations on a map as well as complete side quests.

Game, new jersey, shipped 16th, still nothing. If they honestly didn't ship my copy they sure as Hell better be giving the best shipping option possible when they finally do

Edit: I already got my system set up with gecko, is it hard from this point to get it able to play games off a hard drive? The directions seem a lot more daunting and involved

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hiltz said:
This game could have been a nightmare in terms of backtracking and completing side quests given how massive the environments are. Thankfully, Monolith Soft made some very wise decisions to not only solve such issues, but actually make it enjoyable to encourage players to explore different locations on a map as well as complete side quests.

I've been enjoying mapping out the areas fully. And I actually end up completely a majority of my sub-quest by doing it.

robotzombie said:
Game, new jersey, shipped 16th, still nothing. If they honestly didn't ship my copy they sure as Hell better be giving the best shipping option possible when they finally do

Edit: I already got my system set up with gecko, is it hard from this point to get it able to play games off a hard drive? The directions seem a lot more daunting and involved
for USB Loader? it's so simple. you basically just drag and drop files to your card and edit a few files. couldn't be much simpler than that.

DMPrince said:
for USB Loader? it's so simple. you basically just drag and drop files to your card and edit a few files. couldn't be much simpler than that.

Yes but you can't underestimate how computer illiterate I am. So all I need to do is follow the steps of Ios236, d2x, and then the usb loader right?

Cwarrior

Am trying to do the rebuild colony 6 quest,no clue where to find items like steel silk,I would guess i have to beat some sort of Caterpillar.

also stuck on
munkhar boss fight keep get my ass handed to me, the game is not easy the way you guys make it out to be.

Cwarrior said:
Am trying to do the rebuild colony 6 quest,no clue where to find items like steel silk,I would guess i have to beat some sort of Caterpillar.

also stuck on
munkhar boss fight keep get my ass handed to me, the game is not easy the way you guys make it out to be.

So that no-one stumbles on this by accident.

Are you making sure to use Monado Enchant? I forgot that the Monado had been unlocked so that it would hurt the Faces so I got stuck there for hours! :lol

Ledsen

RPGCrazied said:
At this point I wonder if someone on eBay in my country selling their copy. Anyone in EU want to overnight me a copy of the game? :p Will have to be after the 5th and I get a refund of course.

Like I wrote before, getting a refund will probably take you 1-2 months at least, Zavvi has the worlds worst customer service.

RPGCrazied

Ledsen said:
Like I wrote before, getting a refund will probably take you 1-2 months at least, Zavvi has the worlds worst customer service.

Actually the last couple emails I wrote, only took a day to get responded to. Maybe its different when $$$$ is involved.

RPGCrazied said:
Actually the last couple emails I wrote, only took a day to get responded to. Maybe its different when $$$$ is involved.
they don't want you to get your money back. it's either forget about it or "wait" lol.

This game looks awesome. I'm getting a Wii soon and I really want to play this but I live in the US is it hard to set up playing a EU game on a US Wii?

RPGCrazied

DMPrince said:
they don't want you to get your money back. it's either forget about it or "wait" lol.

If I don't get my game, I'm sure as hell getting my $$$$ back. That's like throwing $50 in the trash. This is the last email I got from them:

I am really sorry that you have not received your order.

This was sent to you on 15/8/11

Delivery usually takes 3-5 working days.

We need to allow a further 5 days for your delivery to still arrive before this can been classed as lost in the post.

If you have not received this by the 5/9/11 we can then start to trace this for you.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me

Regards
Nancy

RPGCrazied said:
If I don't get my game, I'm sure as hell getting my $$$$ back. That's like throwing $50 in the trash. This is the last email I got from them:
first thing monday. email them back. let them start the process of refunding you the money. even if you get the game you may as well not cancel the refund. lol.

Pyrokai

Random questions!

-How many Talent Arts can a character have? Just one at a time, right? I haven't even touched the Skill Tree yet--Is that how you learn new Talent Arts, or does each character only know one? I also have only ever used Shulk as the leader because every time I switch to someone else (at this point, only Reyn is available) I lose the battle because it's far too fast paced and confusing for me to wisely pick the appropriate Art....which leads me to....

-How can I tell if an enemy is suffering Break so I know to use Topple? Is there some way it tells you? How can I force Shulk, if I'm playing as Reyn, to use Break, or do I have to just hope for the best?

-Ether.....that just means magic, right? How do I know if a move uses Ether, and is there a limit to my Ether?

-Character Traits......how important are these and how exactly do they work? Why am I so stupid at game?

-In my inventory items, what does a blue "S" mean? What about a pink "U"? I know the red "E" means equipped...

-So, Collectibles are the blue and green glowing orbs I find lying around in the field, right? What is the significance of the color difference? Also, how come my Collectopedia has NOTHING listed even though I'm pretty sure I've gotten some Collectibles, because when I open my Items menu, it says I have many Collectibles. What's going on here?

-In a vision of the future, how can I tell what color Art the enemy will use? Am I supposed to only use the same color Art in return to prevent the vision from coming true? I pretty much don't understand anything about Visions, to be honest.

-What good are Materials for (like Broken Antenna)? Are these only for completing side quests? Can't see a use for them....

And there you have it! I've openly admitted how stupid I am. Thanks for any help, guys! I'm sure there will be more questions in the future, unfortunately :(

Caelestis

I just got my copy from zavvi so I assume others will start getting it soon too. I was expecting to wait longer actually after that one zavvi bash thread.o.o

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
robotzombie said:

My order is from Game as well, asloe shipped two Tuesdays ago. I think its US customs taking its own sweet time to get these things through the system. They were probably in the country 10 days ago.

RPGCrazied

Sash said:
I just got my copy from zavvi so I assume others will start getting it soon too. I was expecting to wait longer actually after that one zavvi bash thread.o.o

Where you from? When did it ship?

Pyrokai said:
Random questions!

-How many Talent Arts can a character have? Just one at a time, right? I haven't even touched the Skill Tree yet--Is that how you learn new Talent Arts, or does each character only know one? I also have only ever used Shulk as the leader because every time I switch to someone else (at this point, only Reyn is available) I lose the battle because it's far too fast paced and confusing for me to wisely pick the appropriate Art....which leads me to....

-How can I tell if an enemy is suffering Break so I know to use Topple? Is there some way it tells you? How can I force Shulk, if I'm playing as Reyn, to use Break, or do I have to just hope for the best?

-Ether.....that just means magic, right? How do I know if a move uses Ether, and is there a limit to my Ether?

-Character Traits......how important are these and how exactly do they work? Why am I so stupid at game?

-In my inventory items, what does a blue "S" mean? What about a pink "U"? I know the red "E" means equipped...

-So, Collectibles are the blue and green glowing orbs I find lying around in the field, right? What is the significance of the color difference? Also, how come my Collectopedia has NOTHING listed even though I'm pretty sure I've gotten some Collectibles, because when I open my Items menu, it says I have many Collectibles. What's going on here?

-In a vision of the future, how can I tell what color Art the enemy will use? Am I supposed to only use the same color Art in return to prevent the vision from coming true? I pretty much don't understand anything about Visions, to be honest.

-What good are Materials for (like Broken Antenna)? Are these only for completing side quests? Can't see a use for them....

And there you have it! I've openly admitted how stupid I am. Thanks for any help, guys! I'm sure there will be more questions in the future, unfortunately :(

1. Just one.

2. Break is symbolised by two wavy pink links beside the enemies name. Topple is symbolised to a green arrow in a circle and the enemy will obviously have 'toppled' over. Unfortunately there is no way to force an AI character to use a break/topple move unless you order it yourself in a chain attack. However, AI characters do normally know to use a topple move if the enemy has been inflicted with break.

3. Ether is magic. Neither Shulk nor Reyn use Ether so you don't need to think about it for now.

4. Traits as in Skill Tree's? Characters gain AP from battles and will eventually learn the skill that they are currently on which will then be activated depending on what that skill is.

5. A blue S means that that equipment has an empty slot in which you can place a gem. A pink U means that that equipment has a prefilled gem shot which cannot be removed.

6. A blue dot means that it a normal item, whilst a red dot means that it's an item of interest for a quest or some other use. There are no green dots? You have to fill the Collectopedia yourself, so select a box and press A to fill that slot. Dark slots mean you have not yet found that item.

7. A future vision tells you what character is going to be attacked and by what kind of attack. During the time limit, you have numerous options. You can use the Monado Shield ability to negate some of the damage, heal yourself, reduce your aggro, or run to another party member and warn them by pressing the b button, although this uses one bar of the chain metre. Once you've warned a party member you can then use one of their abilities to try to negate the future attack as well, by either healing the character being attacked, attracting more aggro, toppling the enemy etc. In order to change the future you need to be pragmatic in the manner in which you try to negate the attack as different scenarios will require different solutions.

8. Loot items are used for sidequests mostly, or you can gift them to people and party members to receive gifts in return or increase Affinity. Until you run out of room it's best just to keep everything on the off chanc you may need it for a future quest.

---

Many of these questions have explanatory in-game tutorials which I would suggest you read over until you understand the topic completely. When I started the game I was too eager to push further into the game and didn't pay attention to many tutorials, leaving me at a great disadvantage. It's highly important that you understand everything the game is telling you when the game tells you because after that the gloves will come off and the game will force that new mechanic on you whether you're ready or not.

---

I'm tired now and can't be bothered to proof read so I apologise for any spelling/grammar errors.

RPGCrazied

Sash said:
I am in NYC, and if I remember it right it was 15th when the game has shipped.

Maybe that means I'll get it soon! It's nice to dream I guess. I'm not in NYC, Texas here, but at least another zavvi customer got it.

KarmaCow

Pyrokai said:
Random questions!

Yup, just one talent art you don't learn more.

It should have two pink wavy lines on the top right of its name bar. The only way to force the other character to use artes is to use a chain attack.

Yup it's magic, but it just affects the amount of damage, there is no mana bar equivalent. Artes that use ether will have a grey band through the symbol.

Not sure what you're talking about, do you mean the stuff when you're crafting gems?

S means the item has slots for gems. U means it's gems already inserted, but you can't take them out.

I haven't seen any green orbs, might just be the lighting. As for the collectopedia, you need to insert items to add to the collectopedia. If you complete a row, you get an item. Complete the page, you get another item.

You just need to do something to prevent it. Like if an enemy is using an arte, you can use the Monado Shield to nullify the damage, if the level of the shield at least matches the enemy's arte. Or you can daze them to just stop the attack which is what I usually do.

Yea they're just for quests.

wrowa

Ehm... you guys know that it's not Zavvi's fault that the games are arriving late, yes? They don't have any control over the postal services, lol.

RPGCrazied

wrowa said:
Ehm... you guys know that it's not Zavvi's fault that the games are arriving late, yes? They don't have any control over the postal services, lol.

Well, can't they at least put tracking numbers on orders? At least then we could see where in bloody hell it is. That's the hard part of it all, knowing you have not a clue where it is. It could still be on a truck in the UK for all I know.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
It came in! Fuckin' FINALLY!

(From GAME, to Canada)

A few hours in, this game is amazing. The sense of scale is probably the most impressive. Cities feel like cities which is really nice.

The English VA, while not the best VA I have ever heard, is getting a good kick for me.

Also, this is my first imported game ever! Now to just wait for The Last Story and Pandora's Tower (Plus local release Skyward Sword) and I will be very happy with my Wii collection

Holy Jebus, dat open world! I gotta say I'm most pleasantly surprised.

I take it this game hates old-school CRTs, though (I'm in PAL land)? There's loads of flicker which is making my eyes hurt. Time to finally join the 21st century and get an HDTV, I guess.

lsslave said:
It came in! Fuckin' FINALLY!

(From GAME, to Canada)

A few hours in, this game is amazing. The sense of scale is probably the most impressive. Cities feel like cities which is really nice.

The English VA, while not the best VA I have ever heard, is getting a good kick for me.

Also, this is my first imported game ever! Now to just wait for The Last Story and Pandora's Tower (Plus local release Skyward Sword) and I will be very happy with my Wii collection

What part of Canada are you from? Hopefully BC? lol

RPGCrazied said:
Well, can't they at least put tracking numbers on orders? At least then we could see where in bloody hell it is. That's the hard part of it all, knowing you have not a clue where it is. It could still be on a truck in the UK for all I know.

Dude. Tracking costs extra. You didn't pay for it, you chose cheap shipping that doesnt feature tracking. Sleep in the bed you made and wait.

pancakesandsex said:
Dude. Tracking costs extra. You didn't pay for it, you chose cheap shipping that doesnt feature tracking. Sleep in the bed you made and wait.
$2 to add tracking lol.

lol @ canadians getting it before RPGCrazied. game is lost bro.

RPGCrazied

pancakesandsex said:

Well, uh, I didn't know. Amazon's free shipping even has tracking #'s, so cost really shouldn't be an issue with tracking anything.

pancakesandsex said:

I paid like 6 British bucks shipping and don't have tracking and don't have the game after two full weeks...

RPGCrazied said:
Well you don't have it either!
i know but i have other games to keep me busy. and with my habit i'll play for a good few hours and move on to another game before coming back. lol. so it really doesn't matter when i get it now.

Top Bottom