• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Alrus

wrowa said:
In the PAL charts thread we tossed the numbers 10k for UK, 10k for France, 10k for Germany and 8k for Spain and Benelux around. Seems pretty reasonable imo.

8K for Spain and Benelux is reasonable I guess. But only 20k for France and Germany is really really low. You don't do TV ads for such a low shipment...

Effect

Oh well. Doesn't seem like stores are getting new shipments anytime soon. Just going to start watching walkthroughs of the game. :( Don't care about spoilers at this point. Should have pre-ordered it earlier when I had the chance.

Dr. Ecco

Neo Member
I am having a lot of trouble finding a unique moster in a quest. The exact beast is
Flabbergasted Jerome
in E
ryth Sea
. I "accidentally" killed it while exploring but now that the quest popped-up I can't make it appear. I don't know if there any some kind of restriction like weather or time, although I tried several combinations.

If it requires weather or time the quest text will say so (at least I remember so in that area). Weater can change by moving the clock forward by several hours then moving it several hours again. A condition usually persists for about a day...I think.

As for making the unique respwan. Save and load a few (several?) times.

MechaX

I'm probably 11 hours into the game and I'm about to enter Colony 6 proper.
I found it absolutely hilarious when that Mechon started speaking. I definitely wasn't expecting that from him. "Oh, I'll protect 'em real safe... IN MAH BELLY!

Fritz

MechaX said:
I found it absolutely hilarious when that Mechon started speaking. I definitely wasn't expecting that from him. "Oh, I'll protect 'em real safe... IN MAH BELLY!

I am about as far as you are. It's a shame but I have criminally few spare time to play this. I probably wont finish this til Christmas holidays. Makes me kinda happy/sad.
I did like the funny mecha btw. I was on the edge but they made it work
Anyway, i think I am going to check out Colony 6 tonight and do some/lots of quests afterwards.

Zafir

Starwolf_UK said:
Apparently TheHut ship from Jersey for tax purposes (Channel Islands have 3% tax, mainland UK 20%...the import limit for such goods is £15 but £15@20% is better than £30@20%...some of that might be wrong).

Anyhow, it needs to go to mainland UK. Which means a boat journey. That could take a few days. Then it might have some sort customs due to being Channel Islands or if you're luck it is put into an international mail box so goes to one of the airports (if this fails to happen add a few more days for the local sorting offices to notice). It then goes on the next flight it can to America (there a mail flights). I assume they go by time of arrival and weight so if there is a backlong, add more time. Once in America you have customs to deal with. This can take any amount of time (I'm not sure how customs offices work, they scan a package checking its price and origin and in some cases open it to check if its not shoddy goods*, mainly for larger things, a DVD they won't care). Finally then does it end up in the hands of USPS which does its stuff. I'd hope it works as a minimum spanning tree but who know.

A lot of factors can cause the time to vary greately or are variable (post offices). Its possible for packages sent out the same day to end up with one on the plane and the other not so you get delay there etc etc...

It is lamentable that no UK retailers seem to offer a courier service. I've used Gamestop.com a few times and they only let you use UPS. Its $15-$25 to ship to Europe but the service took my breath away as I recieved the order within 48 hours. Yes I was ordering a $20 copy of Excitebots so essentially paying nearly all as shipping...(I did the maths and it was the price I was prepared to pay for a domestic release)

*-Our HM Customs confiscate things like counterfeit clothing or shoddily made hair straighteners that catch fire or burn your hair due to being designed for 110V.
I had an horrific time importing from gamestop.com. Won't ever bother buying from them again.

Also the problem with courier shipping is you're always going to get hit with customs, unlike if it was sent using normal mail, where dvd sized stuff just passes through without any check.

MechaX said:
Wait until you fight it, I was laughing hysterically at the noises it was making

Dr. Ecco

Neo Member
Starwolf_UK said:
If it requires weather or time the quest text will say so (at least I remember so in that area). Weater can change by moving the clock forward by several hours then moving it several hours again. A condition usually persists for about a day...I think.

As for making the unique respwan. Save and load a few (several?) times.

OK, I got him. The problem was my stupidity. The monster was there all the time, I was just looking for a flying monster and forgot he is actually a magic cloud :p

Embryon

Neo Member
Another day of non-delivery from TheHut. At this point I've tempered my enthusiasm enough to not expect it until Saturday. Hopefully it doesn't take even longer than that.

Hiltz

I didn't have much time to play yesterday so only leveled up to 31 and did some side quests in
Colony 9, Tephra Cave, Bionos Leg, and Colony 6 before moving on from Satori Marsh.

I'm running into a lot of these heart-to-heart icons on the maps but have only been able to do about 4 of them so far.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Getting Quest in Colony 9 with Rocco

Now that some of the guides are available,

I went back with the 3 characters you have on route to Colony 6, however Rocco does not seem to offer the quest "Rocco's Heartful Request"

Chalk it up to a missable quest? I have 2 stars for Colony 9.

Edit: Was doing other quests and talking to all named npcs, and it unlocked. So that one is not missable, so far none have been in Colony 9 that i've tried to do.

reektann

Received my Limited edition to complement my regular edition this morning.. love the big box. I'm in the UK so haven't had to suffer the hassle a lot of you guys in the US seem to be.

Back when I imported a lot I had some items sent from US places take up to 3 or 4 weeks as customs randomly picked up piles of parcels and proceeded to open them all - then out of the blue it would show up. Also had a couple of items just simply not arrive via air mail which was a complete nightmare trying to get refunds from the sellers.

xenov8b1.jpg

DMPrince said:
When rpgcrazied gets his is when I get mine lol

When the two of you get yours, Mich and I will probably get ours. Im telling you we all will probably get ours within a day of each other.....in a couple months.

dwix

RPGCrazied said:
Nope. :p Come the 5th, if I don't have it by then, I'm going to email Zavvi with a few choice words.

I know it probably won't help at this point, but you aren't alone RPGCrazied. I live in TX and still haven't received my copy from GAME... Here's hoping for this week.

RPGCrazied

At this point I wonder if someone on eBay in my country selling their copy. Anyone in EU want to overnight me a copy of the game? :p Will have to be after the 5th and I get a refund of course.

Go_Ly_Dow

41 hours clocked and level 43.

Just moved on to the location after
Eryth Sea

Will go back and do a few more sidequests.

Loving the story developments!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Today was not the day. I guess there are a stack of Xenoblade games just waiting to get cleared in the US customs office. Joy.

Sadist

M_Night said:
41 hours clocked and level 43.

Just moved on to the location after
Eryth Sea

Will go back and do a few more sidequests.

Loving the story developments!
Man, I really need to do more sidequests then. I'm 42 hours in and I'm at level 59.

RPGCrazied

truly101 said:
Today was not the day. I guess there are a stack of Xenoblade games just waiting to get cleared in the US customs office. Joy.

More like stole, lol. Specially how popular the game is right now.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
RPGCrazied said:
More like stole, lol. Specially how popular the game is right now.
I bet I could convince you some jackass at your local PO opened it and swiped it for himself. He's enjoying it with the glee reserved for fucking your best friends hot girlfriend. Awww hell no, dont let that asshat grudge fuck your copy of Xenoblade. He needs to understand. You need to make him understand that this is not how shit goes down. Now go do what needs to be done........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2wJS3zRx1I

Diablos54

So I'm having a little trouble with these 2 quests, both from
Frontier Village

1:
I need to find a Agile Albarto, which is supposed to be near Bridge 3, but I can't seem to find it either at day or during the night.

2:
I need a Red Pollen Orb, which is supposed to be at a location relating to the Nopon, but it's not Frontier Village, as far as I can tell. So were!?

Diablos54 said:
So I'm having a little trouble with these 2 quests, both from
Frontier Village

1:
I need to find a Agile Albarto, which is supposed to be near Bridge 3, but I can't seem to find it either at day or during the night.

2:
I need a Red Pollen Orb, which is supposed to be at a location relating to the Nopon, but it's not Frontier Village, as far as I can tell. So were!?
1)
Jump down from the bridge, down into the water. he'll be flying around the coast

2)
It's in Satorl Marsh, go north east of the glowing obelisk to that little cave where the Nopon is, it'll be next to him

Man, I set CFG to force NTSC, and the game still looks scaled, like it has 720 horizontal lines and is trying to fit that in 640. Too bad.

Maybe it's because it's PAL and force NTSC doesn't make it perfect it made no difference, actually)? I wish I had the Jp release to check.

cnet128

Banned
Suikoguy said:
Getting Quest in Colony 9 with Rocco

Now that some of the guides are available,

I went back with the 3 characters you have on route to Colony 6, however Rocco does not seem to offer the quest "Rocco's Heartful Request"

Chalk it up to a missable quest? I have 2 stars for Colony 9.

The quest isn't missable, but it does have two requirements to activate (not including area affinity).
Make sure you've both
completed Desiree's broken-watch quest and talked to Sonia

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I've been sidequesting like a fiend. I played a good 8+ hours over the weekend and made literally ZERO storyline progress.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Sadist said:
Man, I really need to do more sidequests then. I'm 42 hours in and I'm at level 59.
I'm at 39:55 and I'm at level 49. I haven't even hit Gallahad Fortress yet! I think it's because I wander to find secret locations/fight stuff/fill map from the get go and on top of that I try and do every single quest there is, after I'm done exploring. That and I love the battle system. I'm running with
Shulk, Dunban, and Reyn
; they DESTROY everything. R has so much armor nothing damages him, D has agi out the ass so he's untouchable, and S has the backstab bonus talent so backslash does around 28k on the reg. On top of that, there's a double attack IV and like 3 strength IV on each of them. Mmmmmm DPS.

bubnbob

Banned
Sadist said:
Okay what

I got 23k experience points for finding a secret spot? whut

I found a secret spot at the end of the game that gave me over 150,000 XP

Plus the skill I had from Riki for getting more from finding Landmarks

Plus the gems I had equipped

:)

Diablos54

BlazingDarkness said:
1)
Jump down from the bridge, down into the water. he'll be flying around the coast

2)
It's in Satorl Marsh, go north east of the glowing obelisk to that little cave where the Nopon is, it'll be next to him
I can't find the first one still, but I found the second. Pretty obvious if you think about it, now to choose who to give it to...

Dizzy-4U said:
I hate you all for making me do this :x

http://i.imgur.com/czhLt.png[/IMG

I'll be playing one month from now!!! Hurray![/QUOTE]
Yeah, but when you play it you will love us. <3

/edit/ Holy crap at that price. :0

Zafir

I hate to say it, but when I checked yesterday, GAME still had the LE in stock for £50. xD

Admittedly it's down at the moment, but it would have been up again later today.

Mind you, considering the people having problems. Maybe the ebayer will get it out to you faster.

Top Bottom