• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Zafir

RPGCrazied said:
Well, uh, I didn't know. Amazon's free shipping even has tracking #'s, so cost really shouldn't be an issue with tracking anything.
I take it that's Amazon.com?

Amazon.co.uk does not have tracking for the free shipping option. Not even first class shipping has a tracking option. You need to pay for express, which is about £5 if you want tracking.

The point to my post? USPS may have good tracking, but not every country has that luxury.

Hiltz

When you're playing as anyone other than Shulk, can you still interact with the Monado visions when an enemy's attack is shown and targeting a specific party member? Yesterday I was playing as
Sharla
and I tried to press some buttons as soon as the vision started, but the battle palette (the player's move list) would not display during this time. I was left completely defenseless against the attack when the vision of the enemy's attack targeted me and in another case, one of my party members. Having Shulk as an AI parner did not do anything to help. I suppose I have to actually do something but what do ?

Zafir

Hiltz said:
When you're playing as anyone other than Shulk, can you still interact with the Monado visions when an enemy's attack is shown and targeting a specific party member? Yesterday I was playing as
Sharla
and I tried to press some buttons as soon as the vision started, but the battle palette (the player's move list) would not display during this time. I was left completely defenseless against the attack when the vision of the enemy's attack targeted me and in another case, one of my party members. Having Shulk as an AI parner did not do anything to help. I suppose I have to actually do something but what do ?
You can still warn people if you have atleast 1 bar in the party gauge.

Dascu

Hiltz said:
Sharla
I think you need a Party Gauge bar (blue bars in the top left) to warn one of your party members and have him/her perform a specific Art.

Hiltz

Thanks for the help guys. I don't remember if the party gauge was full or not but I'll be more aware of it next time.

wsippel

Banned
121 hours in, level 96 - just killed my first lv 100+ boss. I'm basically god at this point, so it's probably time to initiate the grand finale I guess. Just wrapping up the five remaining quests. Kinda sad that Speed V looks exactly the same as Speed I gear, but farming a complete Eclipse set for Melia was worth it at least. :)

UberTag

Sklorenz said:
I believe GAME automatically provides tracking for every shipping option.
The real problem with GAME order tracking right now is that their website is offline for maintenance (and has been for at least a day now).

Put 5 hours in so far....fuck this game is so good. So many side quests to do. This maybe the best game to come out in a couple of years. Also wtf I was wandering around and I found so like level 75 birds in the first area.

Dragon

Banned
Sklorenz said:
I believe GAME automatically provides tracking for every shipping option.

If by tracking you mean telling you when it's shipped and nothing else, well yeah it does do that.

Didn't get the game today :/

Ledsen said:
No one gets tracking on such small parcels. Tracking is for large boxes.

Amazon.com prime begs to differ.

Ledsen

RPGCrazied said:
Well, can't they at least put tracking numbers on orders? At least then we could see where in bloody hell it is. That's the hard part of it all, knowing you have not a clue where it is. It could still be on a truck in the UK for all I know.

No one gets tracking on such small parcels unless you pay for it. Tracking is normally for large boxes.

TheBranca18 said:
If by tracking you mean telling you when it's shipped and nothing else, well yeah it does do that.

Didn't get the game today :/

Amazon.com prime begs to differ.

That's in the US. Here in Europe I've never seen it except for large packages with consoles or the like.

totowhoa

Banned
Lol even my cat got it first and she can't even use the computer very well

catgame.jpg

TheBranca18 said:

Ah, maybe that's it... when the site changed, I was no longer able to long in to my account for some reason. Their customer service never did help me fix that, but I didn't really badger them either. Figured it wasn't too big of a deal since knowing where it was wouldn't change the arrival date.

Zafir

Ledsen said:
No one gets tracking on such small parcels unless you pay for it. Tracking is normally for large boxes.

That's in the US. Here in Europe I've never seen it except for large packages with consoles or the like.
Prime does do tracking in the UK too, even on small stuff. But as I said, unless you're paying £50 a year(Which I personally don't, since I don't buy from Amazon enough), you'll have to pay £5 for that luxury.

totowhoa

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
Some of you guys are just cruel. D:

Alll in good fun though. Have fun with it.

You'll get it soon enough!

Time to soft mod my Wii. Dunno why I've been putting it off. Now I've finally gotta do it.

Oxx

10 hours on the clock now and I'm still not bored of just pushing the left-stick forward and running around the world.

Zafir

Royal Mail does do tracking to a certain extent, but it isn't great. It generally only tells you when it's been received and when it's been delivered. Parcelforce, the courier they own, does do proper tracking, but again you're going to be paying courier prices which is pretty expensive.

vitacola

Ledsen said:
In Germany Amazon.de ships with DHL, Deutsche Post Brief and Hermes. The letter stuff (Deutsche Post Brief) is only for small things (like screen protectors/CDs etc.) and is the only one which has no tracking information.

EDIT:
Off-topic -> is the GAF favicon broken?

I just got the last party member. At least there's no more room for another member in the menu. And
this mixture of Plug suite and PN 03 thingy suite is really doing it for me. Fiona is now my party leader. :0

MicH

when at work I saw the truck that delivers packages and got super excited! But when I got home.. yeah, still nothing. I hate you all and your copies :(

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Just got mine today. Reading the manual while installing on USB loader. :)
Will lend to RPGCrazed when done if he hasn't gotten it by then.

slaughterking said:
I just got the last party member. At least there's no more room for another member in the menu. And
this mixture of Plug suite and PN 03 thingy suite is really doing it for me. Fiona is now my party leader. :0

I've noticed that a lot of the trailers on the XenobladeWii Youtube channel actually show Fiora as a party member when showing the menu's.

You'd think that they'd be slightly more careful in what they show.

Didn't manage to get her myself today though. Got stuck on the boss battle where you have to protect Fiora in her Face.

KarmaCow

CruxisMana said:
I've noticed that a lot of the trailers on the XenobladeWii Youtube channel actually show Fiora as a party member when showing the menu's.

You'd think that they'd be slightly more careful in what they show.

Didn't manage to get her myself today though. Got stuck on the boss battle where you have to protect Fiora in her Face.

I don't know why it's such a big deal. You get to have her as a party member at the start of the game, she has unique artes, her own weapons and the first heart to heart is with her. It's pretty obvious she will be a party member eventually.

KarmaCow said:
I don't know why it's such a big deal. You get to have her as a party member at the start of the game, she has unique artes, her own weapons and the first heart to heart is with her. It's pretty obvious she will be a party member eventually.

But surely it should come as a surprise for the player to see for themselves, rather than them seeing it beforehand in an advert. The game treats it as a revelation, so surely the marketing should avoid it. Same goes for some of the scenes in the adverts, which don't take place until at least 30-40 hours into the game. I'm 42 hours into the game and I went to watch one of the adverts the other day and had to turn it off because it STILL featured scenes that I hadn't seen yet.

Reveirg

Quick questions about quests...

Let's say I've decided to finish all "timed" quests that I have accepted, before getting to the "point-of-no-return".

Will the game warn me about quests I did NOT accept, that will become unavailable?

Sophia

CruxisMana said:
But surely it should come as a surprise for the player to see for themselves, rather than them seeing it beforehand in an advert. The game treats it as a revelation, so surely the marketing should avoid it. Same goes for some of the scenes in the adverts, which don't take place until at least 30-40 hours into the game. I'm 42 hours into the game and I went to watch one of the adverts the other day and had to turn it off because it STILL featured scenes that I hadn't seen yet.

It's not really a surprise. The Japanese commercials for the game made it blatantly obvious she'd return as a mechon later on

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Reveirg said:
Quick questions about quests...

Let's say I've decided to finish all "timed" quests that I have accepted, before getting to the "point-of-no-return".

Will the game warn me about quests I did NOT accept, that will become unavailable?

Nope. Its a general warning. I thought I got every quest in a certain region and a friend of mine who is playing the game as well told me of an additional quest which I missed. Since they aren't numbered I probably won't notice in the end, though. Hopefully..

Zafir

High Entia
Tomb I presume.

I was level 36-38(Leveled up as I went through) when I went through it I believe. Can't remember what level the boss was, and while I was on the low side, I managed fine.

My tip if to focus on the
Telethia
and completely ignore the other. Keep it focused on your tank, while you batter it with sidestab to lower defense, backstab, and other skills. You may want to keep your monado skill handy incase of it's aura. Healer should keep you up fine.

(I think I was level 37 on the boss, leveled up when I killed it)

I asked a while ago but still struggling with one quest. Search quest 2 in Colony 9 - gotta find a Blue Glass Bead for a Nonpon and cant find it ANYWHERE on Colony 9 - I swear I looked behind every house in the residental area and found nothing : (

Also a bit wary of the swamp, level 70's seem to be EVERYWHERE and I'm a bit of a wimp...how hard is it to find the key?

Ledsen

Zafir said:
High Entia
Tomb I presume.

I was level 36-38(Leveled up as I went through) when I went through it I believe. Can't remember what level the boss was, and while I was on the low side, I managed fine.

My tip if to focus on the
Telethia
and completely ignore the other. Keep it focused on your tank, while you batter it with sidestab to lower defense, backstab, and other skills. You may want to keep your monado skill handy incase of it's aura. Healer should keep you up fine.

(I think I was level 37 on the boss, leveled up when I killed it)
Lol i guess I'm overlevelled, just entered the city where those people live at lvl 42 :)

dock

A little over 5 hours in, I'm loving this game.
It's interesting because it feels really modern and really dated at the same time. It reminds me of Dragon Quest IX in that respect, but has a very different take on it. I'd say this is like the bastard lovechild of Final Fantasy XII and Dragon Quest IX.

I love how it awards me for pissing about in the world too, with landmarks and collectables all over the place. Collectopedia is a great touch too.

Originally I was unsure about having pre-ordered this game, but I'm glad I went for it. I just wish I could convince some of my friends to dust off their Wii to play it. My housemate is obsessing over it though, and has played it lots in the last week.

Didn't get anything in the mail today. oh usps. i hope ASDA didn't write 'XENOBLADE' on the customs sheet. watch it sayd "BLADE" and USPS thinks it's something dangerous lol.

Top Bottom