• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

weeaboo

Zafir said:
Yeah, but a limitation of the console, also makes it a limitation of the game as well, since they decided to put it on the Wii in the first place. 7 is perhaps a bit harsh, but I can see the reasoning. It's not like it affected the overall score much anyway.

I can understand IGN but Xenoblade has HUGE landscapes with nearly zero loading times. I mean, obviously the game would look hundreds of time better in a HD console but is not limited at all by the Wii hardware...

RPGCrazied

thefro said:
My order shipped from ASDA, now I just have to wait 10-15 days for it to make it overseas.

That's what my wait time says too. :( Though maybe it'll get here faster and they just put that so you don't go crazy if its a few days late.

RPGCrazied said:
That's what my wait time says too. :( Though maybe it'll get here faster and they just put that so you don't go crazy if its a few days late.
mine too! i don't see anything big being released or happening between now and then. so it should get here fast! but i'm sure it will be USPS who delivers so it will take ages!

RPGCrazied

DMPrince said:
mine too! i don't see anything big being released or happening between now and then. so it should get here fast! but i'm sure it will be USPS who delivers so it will take ages!

Yeah. My UPS is pretty slow, and I normally don't get packages until late in the evening, like 8pm sometimes.

Maybe its FedEx! I doubt it though.

Does anyone have it?

Does it run on USA consoles?

Does it have English text?

This is one RPG i don't want to miss. This is an epic RPG.

RPGCrazied said:
Yeah. My UPS is pretty slow, and I normally don't get packages until late in the evening, like 8pm sometimes.

Maybe its FedEx! I doubt it though.
with 10-15 days they are going to go with the cheapest delivery lol.

Sadist

BanditKing said:
Does anyone have it?

No

Yes, if you read thet OP that is

Yes. Dual audio btw

Aeana

BanditKing said:
Does anyone have it?

Why would it not have English text? This is the European release.

And it runs on US consoles if you hack them.

RPGCrazied

BanditKing said:
Does anyone have it?

Not yet.

If you have your Wii soft modded

Yep.

Beaten. :(

For some reason I had it in my head that Xenoblade was coming out tomorrow, like most releases in NA. But I guess Europeans do things differently...

Damn it.

the-iek

Zwei said:
I'm starting to have buyer's remorse after going with the more expensive CE. :(
Do you already own a Classic Controller Pro? If not, don't regret buying it. It's the best controller for Xenoblade.

Icelight

Wow, I've got to say, my first experience with ordering a game from Europe/GAME has been miles better than ordering from any Canadian website...

My usual experience with ordering from Amazon.ca/Best Buy/Future Shop involves a considerable feeling of 'getting lucky' if the game ships out within 2 days after its release date (this includes games where the release date isn't simply the 'shipping' date), never mind when I actually get the game.

Zwei

CruxisMana said:
But it'll look so pretty when it arrives in its fancy box with a snazzy red controller.

;_;

I agree, but I blame the weak US dollar. ($90!! ARGH!!)

the-iek said:
Do you already own a Classic Controller Pro? If not, don't regret buying it. It's the best controller for Xenoblade.

Yeah, I actually do need one of those. I guess it's not all that bad, then.

vitacola

xtrasauce said:
But I guess Europeans do things differently...
We are doing it Friday!

rwxmb.gif

desu

About the 1,5h battles in the game (as mentioned by the review). I honestly cannot remember a part like that. I think the longest it took me was maybe 15-20min. I suppose if youre heavily underleveld it might increase the length, but also the chance to even be able to win the match at all.

Yaay, I pre-ordered the LE at a local game store just for the posters (already have a CCpro), turns out I just won the game + the 3 posters on XGN (a Dutch gamesite). Talk about luck :p

mclem

xtrasauce said:
For some reason I had it in my head that Xenoblade was coming out tomorrow, like most releases in NA. But I guess Europeans do things differently...

Damn it.

To be honest, I've never quite understood why you guys *don't* release on Fridays. It's payday, and a logical leadin to the weekend. It makes so much sense!

mclem

It'd be hilarious if the game came with a required firmware patch.

(Not that that'd actually cause problems if you were careful, but the complaining would go through the roof)

Reveirg

"15/08/2011 Your order is currently being picked and packed.
15/08/2011 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.
Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped."

YEAH.

Any idea if "USA & Rest of the World Royal Mail 4 to 6 business days".. is actually accurate?

With a bit of luck, it could get here by FRIDAY.

Who remembers when this game (along with TLS) was nothing more than a webpage of the title screen and awesome title track? That was nearly 2 years ago! I can't believe within a few days this game will finally be mine. <3

EDIT: Well... I guess before that, it was at E3 under Monado. But like NOA, I choose not to remember that!

Looks like GAME is packing my order too.

Nice.. Would be amazing to have it by friday.. but I'll be happy with early next week.

Zafir

mclem said:
To be honest, I've never quite understood why you guys *don't* release on Fridays. It's payday, and a logical leadin to the weekend. It makes so much sense!
Yeah, I agree. I've always thought Tuesday was an odd day. But then again maybe that's because we're used to it?

Eitherway, I'm playing trauma team at the moment. A damn shame it wasn't released over here. That and Crystal Chronicles Crystal Bearers should keep me going till Xenoblade arrives.

Zafir

The dispatch notification doesn't usually come till the end of the day UK time, so you could be waiting a while before it updates. :p

thefro

DMPrince said:
with 10-15 days they are going to go with the cheapest delivery lol.

Considering I'm getting the game for $45 with international shipping, I'm not complaining.

That's cheaper than I could get an NA version of the game.

Zwei

demonturkey said:
Who remembers when this game was nothing more than a webpage of the title screen and awesome title track?

*raises hand*

Yep, I remember. Ah, look how far we've come. :D

Toth

Heads up. My bank denied the transaction from GAME for some reason. If you are using a US debit card, check your order ASAP. I was able to reorder the special edition right away using my credit card and it went through this time.

Ydahs

Dear ***,

Your order from TheHut.com has been dispatched and will be with you shortly!

Please retain this email as your proof of purchase.

Oh yeah :D

demonturkey said:
Who remembers when this game (along with TLS) was nothing more than a webpage of the title screen and awesome title track? That was nearly 2 years ago! I can't believe within a few days this game will finally be mine. <3
Oh, I remember that too! I remember that thread on GAF. I also recall leaving that webpage open with its music playing for a long time... Does anyone remember which song that way, by the way? Was it just the main theme?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Just got done ordering the British version CE from game.co.uk ... now to hack the Wii! I can't freaking wait, will be the first game I play in my new pad!

Yuterald

15/08/2011-Your order is currently being picked and packed.

Yes! My GAME.UK order has been processed and it looks like it's about to be shipped! I've been able to keep Xenoblade "outta mind" for awhile to be honest, had other stuff going on and some other games to occupy my time. Just now am I starting to get excited!

Netto-kun

desu said:
About the 1,5h battles in the game (as mentioned by the review). I honestly cannot remember a part like that. I think the longest it took me was maybe 15-20min. I suppose if youre heavily underleveld it might increase the length, but also the chance to even be able to win the match at all.
Yeah, it sounds exaggerated. By the you realize you are having a hard time with a boss, you'll usually get thrashed. Being underleveled also means you'll miss more often with regular attacks and arts. All I remember is redoing 2-3 of the boss fights 6-7 times before I defeated them.

Top Bottom